View Single Post
Old 21-04-2017, 11:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Vettronics

Vettronics has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatVettronics has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatVettronics has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatVettronics has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatVettronics has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatVettronics has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatVettronics has a great interest in being a Thailand Expat
Another question. I am building a home and there is only single phase 50mm wires on the street poles. The biggest meter I am told I can get is 30/100 AMP. My question is The home will be about 80 to 90 meters from the road. Will 25mm wire be enough to get the power to the home. I know the main breaker will only hold 25mm but will I loose much power over that distance with that size wire. I was thinking going bigger and then down sizing at the Panel. I think though I will be fine with 25mm.
I will most likely have a 3 bedroom home with 3 bathrooms, 6 A/C's, Total of 6 big rooms. Modern Kitchen with all the whistles. A detached 2 car parking area with a additional closed in room for my hobbies. That room will also have A/C. Also will have 2 barns for animals and at least another building for supplies. We have 2 ponds and there will be a Sala hanging over the bigger one with outlets and lighting. All building will have good electric supply. I always over size electric wire.
Funny thing is the people up north told me that all was need was a 5/15 AMP meter. I didn't answer them though. Just smiled. Well any help will be Great.
Vettronics is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06825 seconds with 19 queries