Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online
    01-05-2017 @ 11:18 PM

People's Perceptions of Western men married to Asian Women

I don't have a Thai wife my beloved is an Asian expatriate. I once read on a Thailand based forum a man jokingly explain how when he took his wife to England his "mates" and people in general constantly implied his wife was a hoe not a teacher . My wife is a teacher also and I'm a chilled out person. I haven't hit a person since
    Primary school but I venerate my wife and someone not being polite and respectful to my wife makes me ready to smack the [at][at][at][at] in the mouth. I honestly couldn't abide someone even light heartedly questioning my wife's honour.

I'm not being overly protective and as I said I am no kind of a fisticuffs type. No one could convince me my attitude is in anyway wrong . Have you been in this situation? How would react in a similar situation? "

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Generally speaking, who cares what others think? I know I don't give a fuck.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    It's their problem.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    . Have you been in this situation?
    No. Never. Nor has anyone I know who's married to an Asian person. However, most Thai women I know can spot an ex-hooker partner at a 1000 yards and make no secret about it amongst themselves.

Last Online
    I understand it's a ignorant form of bigotry. But this wouldn't stop me a from utterly loosing my shit...The post I read jokingly made light of repeated insinuations about the poster's wife's morality. I couldn't stand that once ever.I'm getting mad thinking about it

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    No. Never. Nor has anyone I know who's married to an Asian person. However, most Thai women I know can spot an ex-hooker partner at a 1000 yards and make no secret about it amongst themselves.
    Yeah Thais love to gossip. An aging "Farang " with a young tan skinned girlfriend he met in Pattaya is going to take it as given that those around him will make and propagate their .assumptions his wife

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Yeah Thais love to gossip. An aging "Farang " with a young tan skinned girlfriend he met in Pattaya is going to take it as given that those around him will make and propagate their .assumptions his wife
    It's not the farang they gossip about. No Thai person is any doubt about why a 60 year-old man wants a 20 year old partner and they don't see that as anything to gossip about. They will gossip about the wife as almost all Thais are obsessed about where every other Thai fits in the hierarchy. Again, all perfectly normal. Westerners? Well, the only Westerners who care about this kind of thing are Internet trolls and luckily we don't have any of them on this fine forum!
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

A Cockless Wonder
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan
    who cares what others think?
    Most people care what their social peers and acquaintances think about them. Human nature.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by smeggums View Post
    I couldn't stand that once ever.I'm getting mad thinking about it
    But you get mad thinking about a lot of things smeggums, so you're not really the best judge of what people should get Indignant about.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smeggums View Post
    But you get mad thinking about a lot of things smeggums, so you're not really the best judge of what people should get Indignant about.
    It is odd the 1st time I posted on Ajarnforum.net about 13 years ago I was quickly labeled as Smeg...Decades have passed but I
    get the same REACTION . BTW if you knew your stuff like me you'd be aware Smeg wouldn't regularly troll a site that keinkanif(s.p) doesn't regularly use . Smeg doesn't troll for .trolling sake he does in order toy per sue his homoerotic obsession

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    Most people care what their social peers and acquaintances think about them. Human nature.
    Agreed Looper...but would you be engaging with people that thought less of your family?

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    23-01-2019 @ 04:19 PM
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Luigi again.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    ^ whoops

BTW if you knew your stuff like me you'd be aware Smeg wouldn't regularly troll a site that keinkanif(s.p) doesn't regularly use . Smeg doesn't troll for .trolling sake he does in order toy per sue his homoerotic obsession
    But KK is here, isn't he?

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    My outlook is this....

If you're genuinely caring about your missus and she's the same, then who can argue with that?

That's where any social scene starts....by demonstrating your commitment to your lady, it become less about countries of origin but more about your commitment to each other.
    "I was a good student. I comprehend very well, OK, better than I think almost anybody," - President Trump comparing his legal knowledge to a Federal judge.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Luigi again.

Thanks hick, it's the thought that Lulus.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Thanks hick, it's the thought that Lulus.
    From an old, former polygamer to a current one.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    If it ever happens, you have my permission to beat him until his eyes bleed.

Then tell her to tone down the makeup a little.

<that was a joke.....just kidding>

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Then tell her to tone down the makeup a little bit
    'Okay Lainman, I onry do that for yoo teelak.'

On ya smeggums.

A Cockless Wonder
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Agreed Looper...but would you be engaging with people that thought less of your family?
    Yes probably best not to engage someone who would disparage your missus like that.

But then you have to worry about what your other peers will think about you not defending her honour and about letting an insult to your face and a challenge to your manhood slide.

There is just no getting out of worrying about what other people think.

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    But then you have to worry about what your other peers will think about you not defending her honour and about letting an insult to your face and a challenge to your manhood slide.
    Defending her honor? If you're ever in that position, then my guess is you're not among friends and family.

Last Online
    @
    Interracial relationships still make many uneasy. Me, I'm more inclined to laugh derisively at the skinny guy attached to a horribly obese woman.

I find it quite flawed that people really do think things like, oh its just so wrong for that young Asian woman to be with an older whitey largely for financial reasons. They don't understand that most traditional man-woman relationships in the west are still mostly about the man's earning power? My wife loves me for ME. Yes, the ME that brings in 2/3 of the household income.

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Defending her honor? If you're ever in that position, then my guess is you're not among friends and family and chances are she's can keep more ass than you.

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Defending her honor? If you're ever in that position, then my guess is you're not among friends and family.
    Word.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    I have to say you seem to have a particularly foul set of peers and acquaintances. You don't seem to be a very good judge of character.

A Cockless Wonder
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan
    If you're ever in that position, then my guess is you're not among friends and family
    If you are in the pub with friends, family, acquaintances, workmates and strangers (and your missus) then you have to make a decision about who's opinion you are most worried about.

But either way you are probably worried about other people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    I have to say you seem to have a particularly foul set of peers and acquaintances. You don't seem to be a very good judge of character.
    Just a hypothetical situation to highlight that claiming that we don't care what other people think is not generally true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information