Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Air Asia Sucks

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    7/11 has done a good job of bringing in business by allowing customers to pay their utility bills, True Vision bill, airlines tickets and many other consumer products. Not that they need it since they usually have a continuous stream in and out of the store. I wonder what the profit margin is in a typical 7/11?
    If you are thinking of opening a 7/11 you'd be well advised that doughnuts should be sited behind a security screen.

Last Online
    @
    It's astounding that after all these years, customer services online and by phone are piss poor or non existent, or have piss poor english.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Customer service is obviously not a priority in this part of the world. The attitude that the product will sell itself prevails.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    I'm not a big fan of LCC's...
    Nor of communicating a message anyone understands, it seems.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt View Post
    Got redded for it.
    Think you got redded for being an agenda bearing twat, actually.

It's a shame as you also talk sense at times.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan
    I was an idiot for not choosing an airline that flies into Swampy.
    Bangkok Air every time for me now.

Decent meal and a lounge with wifi and snacks.

And if I lived 20 minutes at most from Swampy, well...
    Do the CMX-BKK Bangkok Air flights still require a stop in Sukhothai? Or are there non-stop flights now...?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    It's astounding that after all these years, customer services online and by phone are piss poor or non existent, or have piss poor english.
    No...not astounding whatsoever, if you really understand the Thai business practice.
    And don't hold your breath expecting anything to change for the better any time soon.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt View Post
    Got redded for it.
    Think you got redded for being an agenda bearing twat, actually.

It's a shame as you also talk sense at times.
    I might have known it'd be you that picks up on it

Never mind, I got three greens from members who agreed with my stance

I was shocked to see the word expensive on a thread about AA. That's the last thing most people would say about them.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt
    Never mind, I got three greens from members who agreed with my stance
    So are you here for virtual reputation or content and discourse? It seems you love looking into things. Hence your preoccupation with reputation.

You are too well versed on the technicalities mate. So what was your nice before, or to which account are you adding to? Happy Songkran

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Back to argue again? I know one thing; if I had to post my holiday luggage home to save an 800 baht check in fee, I'd stick to using the bus.

Happy songkran to you too.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt
    I know one thing; if I had to post my holiday luggage home to save an 800 baht check in fee, I'd stick to using the bus.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    15-11-2020 @ 07:58 PM
    I stopped using AA when they transferred to DM.
    No good to me at all as I was flying to Aus on a monthly basis.
    Besides that though I always found their website to be a nightmare.
    Continual fuck ups and blanks.
    Wasn't fun.

I've never had a problem with Thai Smile, either the booking or the service.

I've tried Bangkok Airways a couple of times but the fact that they have coffee and sandwiches at ChiangRai and a lounge at Swampy didn't impress me too much.

The biggest put off at the lounge in Swampy was the scummy backpackers who took up an entire 3 place couch to sleep or whatever, with filthy feet and a complete disdain for all around them.
    Most unpleasant.

The coffee and tuna sandwiches were OK.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Thai smile is excellent. It's a bit strange that they are stealing customers from their parent company though. I think the parent, Thai Air, owns part or all of Nok too, so it is owns two competing budget brands.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Thai Airways needed to have a lower cost product to compete with the no frills airlines that were taking customers away. I have used Thai Smile several times and have no real complaints regarding their service.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    ^ ^ ^ stash a tuna sandwich in their backpack - especially if they are on their way to aust

let them be examined by the quarantine police

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-06-2020 @ 09:33 PM
    Used AA , Ubon to BKK often, no real problems, tickets bought at the airport, but on line have had problems with all the airlines.

We flow to Australia, end of last year, on line Qantas and all the main carriers had prices higher than the travel agent in Ubon, to the tune of 35,000 Baht for 4 tickets.
    Thai smile was 300 Baht more per ticket on line, than from the travel agent.

Now we were to have flown back to BKK on the 17th of Feb,, wife wanted to keep the kids in school, get their English up to speed, so change the tickets.

First try on line Qantas web site, near on $3,000 to change the flights, next phone the help line, which is in India, they wanted more then the return tickets cost in the first place.

Travel agent in Ubon changed all the flights for 24,000 Baht, on line does not give the best deals.

Stay in a hotel on the mun river, near the Mekong, very upmarket place, on line cheapest room, 3,500 Baht, phone up or turn up 1,300.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    14-05-2017 @ 03:18 AM
    Don't worry buddy. United will fly that route soon, After they -Thai security goons_ beat u senseless, you won't even remember what the problem was. Let the good time roll

Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    AA and Nok only choices I have. Both only to Don Mueng. Use AA because I get miles. Never a prob with them. My brother prefers Smile over AA. Never tried them myself so no opinion.

I always pay at 7/11. Prefer to keep credit card info off the net if possible.

god
    Last Online
    @

Bk Air for me too.
    Polite. friendly ground staff/check in....no hassles paying with Visa card, on line or at a ticket counter, anywhere in Asia, unlike A/Asia and its selected bank scam.

Comfortable airport lounges with unlimited free food and drink, decent wifi.
    Reasonable meals in flight, friendly cabin crew.

Price a few dollars above A/Asia, but worth it, as in when I flew back from Bkk Swampy to CNX two days ago @ Bt3290 one way(Songkran looming), compared to Bt 2800 something with AAsia from DM....only NZ $16 cheaper than BKAir, FFS, but with all the add-on hassles of limited baggage, shit food, no airport "boutique" lounge, expensive limited choice airport restaurant meals etc.

Oh, yes, try getting an itinerary change with A/Aisia and I'll guarantee you'll be spitting nails over it, with zilch satisfaction.

Bk/Air, on the other hand is the easiest airline to deal with on that issue,last minute change of itinerary no problem, with a fee, around $75 last year.
    “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? John 10:34.

last farang standing
    Last Online
    15-03-2024 @ 01:44 PM
    I was about to write something profound but after 2 bottles of champagne I forgot what it was. I like thai airways cause it flies direct from Brisbane. What was the thread again? Something about Air Asia.I hate Qantas apart from being run by some F$#%wit Irish Crunt. I'll remember tomorrow when I ask Lady Cow. If she is still talking to me.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    I'm not a big fan of LCC's...
    Nor of communicating a message anyone understands, it seems.
    Sheesh, that's hardly a new term. Still, you learned something new today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-cost_carrier

Low Cost Carriers (LCCs)

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    29-04-2023 @ 08:08 AM

Agreed. If the schedule suits me ( vientiane to bangkok ) I will take bangkok airways everything. Airasia is cheap but only if you get a promo or book well in advance. Otherwise Thai. Lao airlines, airasia and bangkok airways are all similar in price. I'm in Oz now flew airasia and returning with them. It's nothing flash but it gets the job done. Only complaint is a lot of KL transit both ways. New terminals better than it was and the sky train to KL central takes 33 minutes

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    23-01-2019 @ 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    I wonder what the profit margin is in a typical 7/11?
    I don't know but a friend was looking closely at buying in several years ago and abandoned the idea after crunching the digits.

He's a numbers guy and very thorough, so I trust his takeaway.

I believe he was only interested in investing through (Thai) bank loans and couldn't work out how he'd even taste a profit for near 5 years on one store.

3 years on two.

If I remember right, you have the option of buying a "franchise," or owning a shop directly. The latter generally starts paying out faster, but you're on your own for delivery, maintenance, accounting, etc., etc.

Last Online
    @
    I've been looking for flights down to HDY we used Air Asia last time no real problem just a delay on return leg. Wanted to use Thai Smile this time because we live quite close to Swampy but they want 4000 baht more than Air Asia. Ten thousand baht or six thousand baht think I know who we will be flying with.
    Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests... more drink!

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by klong toey
    Wanted to use Thai Smile this time because we live quite close to Swampy but they want 4000 baht more than Air Asia. Ten thousand baht or six thousand baht think I know who we will be flying with.
    Thai Smile cost me more as well to fly back from CM...but only 200B or so.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information