Thread: Touring Taiwan
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
katie23
Thailand Expat

katie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expat
katie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expat
It's my second trip to Taiwan. First trip was last year, before the Chinese New Year. In that trip, I only toured around New Taipei city. I stayed with a close friend, so my accoms & some of my meals were taken care of. Friend had work during the day, but she pointed me to some sights and I looked around during the day.

I saw the usual sights - Taipei 101, Longshan Temple (a big old temple), night market near it, Chiang Kai Shek & Sun Yat Sen memorials, the botanical garden, etc. It was interesting to see & observe the Taiwanese people. They are very disciplined and organized. City is very clean. MRT has several lines and public transport systems are very good. I find it similar to Singapore in that way, but not as pricey.

Taiwanese are disciplined and they queue everywhere. Not like the mainlanders who don't queue, or spit, pee & poop anywhere. Maybe it's bcos Taiwan was colonized by Japan for 50 yrs or so (before WW2). After WW2, Japan surrendered, and their forces left Taiwan and
PI. I read some of these info when I toured the CKS & SYS memorials last year. I could've linked to wikipedia for more details, but am on fone & can't be assed. Heh...
katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08178 seconds with 19 queries