Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-03-2023 @ 03:15 AM

The Retox Bar Chain Success Story

In Patts we have Retox bars in Soi Lengkee, Soi Honey, the darkside and we also have the Robin Hood bar in the Avenue on second road which is part of the chain. I believe they are now looking at Cambodia.
    The mode of business is simple in the extreme. Fill the place with tv screens showing 24 hour sport and sell very cheap food ie 98b baht full English breakfasts.
    This chain has exploded over the last 2 years and they now have a monoply on Pattaya sports bars. I cant believe nobody has thought of this before.....sell em cheap and pack em in
    Before the customers were your loud drunken English chang vest holidaymakers but now the place is full of ex pats, Aussies, Dutch,German anyone really who likes sport and cheap grub.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Gary View Post
    In Patts we have Retox bars in Soi Lengkee, Soi Honey, the darkside and we also have the Robin Hood bar in the Avenue on second road which is part of the chain. I believe they are now looking at Cambodia.
    The mode of business is simple in the extreme. Fill the place with tv screens showing 24 hour sport and sell very cheap food ie 98b baht full English breakfasts.
    This chain has exploded over the last 2 years and they now have a monoply on Pattaya sports bars. I cant believe nobody has thought of this before.....sell em cheap and pack em in
    Wetherspoons business model.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Wetherspoons business model.
    Funny you say that because i notice they have poached the manager from Wetherspoons...in saying that their food is a lot cheaper than Wetherspoons

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    They have my custom.

Anyone that can throw me a pie, double mash, liquour, mushy peas, wedge of bread and a bottle of beer for 199 baht has me by the balls.

...And this place does it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    You just got to luv this story, British business success brought to Thailand, displaying the English talent for being international business innovators, that Brexit spirit.
    Brexit victory.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Sports bars with good inexpensive food has been a winning formula for decades. Now I wonder how long it will take for all the copycats to run them out of business. Who owns the chain? Hope they are well connected.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^This would be the owner in the pic below, the guy who's still on his feet. I don't know him well but we've exchanged pleasantries a few times and he's both polite and talkative in person. His business model - as outlined already - is good and he's doing well. Not sure if he has partners or not but he's on a mission of rapid expansion, he's got plans for new locations in Thailand and possibly in other SEA countries. In any case, the food at his places is really good pub-grub, you name he's got it when it comes to live sports on the tv's, the service is always attentive, and he's got bikini girls serving at times .

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Looks like a Brexit winner. ^

Last Online
    13-09-2017 @ 03:14 AM
    So He KO 's a fat guy who's obviosly in no fighting condition, wearing headgear telling us he is a beginner, at an event that seens to be a charity/social event.

Quite a hero your business man.
    And mighty brave.
    This is not How a fighter behaves in the ring towards a weaker oponient in a
    "Show" like this. More like a bully, unless the picture dont tell us the whole thruth.

Anyway, the english pubs got some ok eating, but
    the lads running the places never can find good staff,
    The prostitute slash waitress combo is not a good combination when customers except a basic polite behaviour. But then again , it saves you the tip.
    But IT must be genetic, 'cause when i see the lack of quality of the bitches you english drag along in Pattis, its ucking awfull.
    In all fairness the english pubs in Pattaya have served the people well,
    and pattis would not be the same without.
    But Its getting pricey, so cheaper options are welcomed.
    The german restaurants are better on set menues and they are fare better hireing staff.
    The witherspoon is a filty shithole with terrible service.
    There are many fare better options in the SOI buakao area.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    ^This would be the owner in the pic below, the guy who's still on his feet. I don't know him well but we've exchanged pleasantries a few times and he's both polite and talkative in person. His business model - as outlined already - is good and he's doing well. Not sure if he has partners or not but he's on a mission of rapid expansion, he's got plans for new locations in Thailand and possibly in other SEA countries. In any case, the food at his places is really good pub-grub, you name he's got it when it comes to live sports on the tv's, the service is always attentive, and he's got bikini girls serving at times .
    I would sure like to know his name so I could ask if he would put one of his establishments up here in Udon Thani. They are lacking this kind of formula and there are enough expats around to support it. He would definitely have my patronage.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    You just got to luv this story, British business success brought to Thailand, displaying the English talent for being international business innovators, that Brexit spirit.
    Brexit victory.
    And they even advertise their nightly food specials as Brexit Busters. Just trying to help out their fellow Brits to overcome the shattering effect Brexit is having on their income.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    I would sure like to know his name so I could ask if he would put one of his establishments up here in Udon Thani. They are lacking this kind of formula and there are enough expats around to support it. He would definitely have my patronage.
    The main man is a Yorkshireman called Simon Peatsfield (big fucker in the photo). He is on Facebook so are all his bars

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    The main man is a Yorkshireman called Simon Peatsfield (big fucker in the photo). He is on Facebook so are all his bars
    Thanks Scottish.

Last Online
    02-08-2023 @ 03:20 PM
    Visited the place many times.
    Very impressed with the food and service.
    I like my bike racing, and even with a full football schedule the staff have always found me a TV and a table to watch.
    The Guiness is very good too.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by capitane View Post
    Quite a hero your business man.
    And mighty brave.
    This is not How a fighter behaves in the ring towards a weaker oponient in a
    "Show" like this. More like a bully, unless the picture dont tell us the whole thruth.
    Fuck off dickhead. Thanks.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I emailed Simon Peatsfield and he stated he is in talks with a well known establishment up here, hoping he means Udon Thani. We could use a fine sports bar here in Udon and I know I would be frequenting the place.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    I emailed Simon Peatsfield and he stated he is in talks with a well known establishment up here, hoping he means Udon Thani. We could use a fine sports bar here in Udon and I know I would be frequenting the place.
    They tend to take over existing bars and revamp them

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:24 PM
    Perhaps it's just me but finding myself in the company of a bunch of lower class, ageing British oiks killing time watching endless mediocre sports and eating food typical of a British roadside burger van business in a shit Pattaya street littered with Isaan whores, mangey soi dogs and broken sewers, is not an appealing prospect even if it is as cheap as the tons of chips they undoubtedly shove endlessly into their maw.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    I'm with you on that ^ one, I wouldn't even do that back in Gods own country.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    16-07-2021 @ 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers
    Sports bars with good inexpensive food has been a winning formula for decades. Now I wonder how long it will take for all the copycats to run them out of business. Who owns the chain? Hope they are well connected.
    do they serve LoyToy pies there ?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    16-07-2021 @ 10:31 PM
    Before the customers were your loud drunken English chang vest holidaymakers but now the place is full of ex pats, Aussies, Dutch,German anyone really who likes sport and cheap grub.
    hum, sounds too good to be true, probably another British scam, create an impression of sucess to sell it back to some suckers couple of years later

by the look of the Thai boxing "owner", definitely your typical petty British gangster

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Perhaps it's just me but finding myself in the company of a bunch of lower class, ageing British oiks killing time watching endless mediocre sports and eating food typical of a British roadside burger van business in a shit Pattaya street littered with Isaan whores, mangey soi dogs and broken sewers, is not an appealing prospect even if it is as cheap as the tons of chips they undoubtedly shove endlessly into their maw.
    Its not my cup of tea either if truth be told. The longer i stay here the more i detest other farangs and this place is a mecca for them. It is however very cheap for food and im pretty sure it will be a godsend for some cash strapped expats. You could call it a soup kitchen with the added addition of 24 hour televised sport and waiting staff in bikinis.

Last Online
    Dragonfly and Scottish Gary.
    Why don't you pop down there and tell him to his face.
    Let us know how you get on.

Last Online
    Dragonfly and Sctottish Gary. Why don't you pop down there and tell him where he is going wrong?
    After all Gary no one knows food like a Scot...
    I'm sure he will take all your oplnions on board.

Last Online
    @
    good guinness, affordable food, and lots of sports on the telly?

what's there to hate about that?

"i go to pattaya to network with socialite brits and desire something more upscale for the soi 4 crowd."

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information