Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Windows?

Last Online
    @

Which Windows?

My main computers gone a bollix. So it looks like I gotta stick it in for repair. I currently use and like Windows 7. I doubt they will still install 7 these days. So what's the alternative for a computer numpty.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    go for win 10 pro - run shutup10 and classic shell

Last Online
    18-03-2018 @ 12:57 PM
    You can go on Ebay and get Windows 7 for peanuts, with the COA.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    My main computers gone a bollix. So it looks like I gotta stick it in for repair. I currently use and like Windows 7. I doubt they will still install 7 these days. So what's the alternative for a computer numpty.
    You should be able to get a temporary Windows 7 installation and if you still have the genuine Windows 7 original packaging, it's easy to register it for permanent use.

Last Online
    @
    ^
    This is Thailand. I've never seen a genuine Windows.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    You should be able to get a temporary Windows 7 installation and if you still have the genuine Windows 7 original packaging, it's easy to register it for permanent use.

Also, can resolve most technical issues/problems by going to the official Microsoft site.

Even after repair, one can easily reinstall win7 permanently.

Last Online
    @
    ^
    This is Thailand. I've never seen a genuine Windows.
    I've got a genuine Windows, which I bought in a real shop in Korat.

And it pays to keep the packaging (for the code).

Last Online
    @
    The round window

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    In the long of it, might be much more beneficial to just purchase a new computer......go from there.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    go for win 10 pro - run shutup10 and classic shell
    Mate, can you expand on that please?

I've no other real option then to run Win10 ... and I don't like it.

Like most others, liked Win 7.

I understand the concept of running it as a 'Classic Shell' ... but what is 'shutup10'?

Links on how and why, if you have the time?

Thanks
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago ...

Last Online
    @
    You don't like it because you haven't learned enough about it to realise it's streets ahead of Windows 7.

You probably had the same angst about moving from Windows XP.

While you're at it...

Microsoft will soon consign Windows Vista to the dustbin of history. In April 2017, the life of one the worst versions of Windows ever released will come to an end. At which point you’ll have to downgrade to Windows XP, or upgrade to Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. Pick your poison!

Windows Vista will die on April 11, 2017, at which point Microsoft will pull all support for the much-maligned operating system. So, if you’re running Vista, the time has come to upgrade to a newer version of Windows. Something you should have done a long time ago, to be perfectly honest.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    06-11-2022 @ 08:40 AM
    Linux is the best windows

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    You don't like [Win10] it because you haven't learned enough about it to realise it's streets ahead of Windows 7.
    No. He doesn't care for it because it sucks.
    As millions of others will testify.

It's the unenlightened type, as you are, that continue to promote the illusion as the great technological second coming.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD
    Mate, can you expand on that please?
    in the other win 10 thread

I have moved from win 7 to win 10 pro on windows machines

these 2 programs turn off 95+ % of the telemetry and advertising and revert the shell from the tile retardedness to something useful

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

and

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements
    If you torture data for enough time , you can get it to say what you want.

Last Online
    @
    Win 7.

300thb at a shop near you.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    You don't like [Win10] it because you haven't learned enough about it to realise it's streets ahead of Windows 7.
    No. He doesn't care for it because it sucks.
    As millions of others will testify.

It's the unenlightened type, as you are, that continue to promote the illusion as the great technological second coming.
    You're just a fucking Luddite Jeff.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by oxxo
    You can go on Ebay and get Windows 7 for peanuts, with the COA.
    Ebay looks the way to go. But in saying that I'll just get it as a back up for now. I've done something with my computer and I've started getting 'Window 7 Updates'. Never happened before, no matter how I tried. Currently 280-ish updates installing at this moment.

Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 03:11 AM
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy in it will verify that it is a Toshiba or what ever and install verify online and never get bothered again. However if you have a desktop tower that's a hack job.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy
    Is an All in One a laptop or a PC?

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie View Post
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy in it will verify that it is a Toshiba or what ever and install verify online and never get bothered again. However if you have a desktop tower that's a hack job.
    What a load of bollocks. Where did you get this nonsense?

Has Buttplug been giving you PC lessons?

MS uses a hardware signature to license Windows; the most common change that stops it working is the motherboard.

And you can't move an OEM license.

Most of these dodgy licenses on the interwebs are nicked EA licenses, and all they check for is the license count used.

Last Online
    What a load of bollocks. Where did you get this nonsense?

Has Buttplug been giving you PC lessons?

MS uses a hardware signature to license Windows; the most common change that stops it working is the motherboard.

And you can't move an OEM license.

Most of these dodgy licenses on the interwebs are nicked EA licenses, and all they check for is the license count used.
    I've only ever had laptops for the last 15 years and used pirate bay copies the OS checks the motherboard signatures are correct and it installs Either use your cd key on the lappy or the right one in the list according to your manufacturer and OS you select .

Your not moving a licence your creating a new one or if he's registered on that OS reinstalls the same OS with now hardware changes he's obtaining his old one.

Last Online
    @
    I've only ever had laptops for the last 15 years and used pirate bay copies the OS checks the motherboard signatures are correct and it installs Either use your cd key on the lappy or the right one in the list according to your manufacturer and OS you select .

Your not moving a licence your creating a new one or if he's registered on that OS reinstalls the same OS with now hardware changes he's obtaining his old one.

You still don't understand how licensing works.

If it has an OEM copy and a key on a sticker on the PC, that will always work on that PC OR Laptop. It will get its knickers in a twist if there is a significant hardware change.

If you use a stolen EA key, which you probably are if you are getting them off TPB, that will install on anything; it doesn't use hardware signature, only used license count, which it gets from the owners EA account.

No fucker ever checks these, although the owner should do so regularly because of cheapskates like you.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy
    Is an All in One a laptop or a PC?
    This a lappy/ laptop /note book

All in one is it like this?

Last Online
    @
    Yes it is.

Last Online

You still don't understand how licensing works.

If it has an OEM copy and a key on a sticker on the PC, that will always work on that PC OR Laptop. It will get its knickers in a twist if there is a significant hardware change.

If you use a stolen EA key, which you probably are if you are getting them off TPB, that will install on anything; it doesn't use hardware signature, only used license count, which it gets from the owners EA account.

No fucker ever checks these, although the owner should do so regularly because of cheapskates like you.
    He's not doing a hardware change FFS.
    All laptops come with a licence of windows.
    It doesn't matter what cd you use to reinstall it checks at Microsoft not Electronic Artist AKA E,FUCKING.A acount.
    I've changed mine to SSD and Samsung actually give you a cd to clone the drive then install replace hard drive in my lap fucking top.

Trust me I have done this more times than Slutty pants has fucks on all his tours to Thailand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information