View Single Post
Old 17-03-2017, 10:18 PM   #129 (permalink)
worgeordie

worgeordie Spending a bit of time on Thai Travel forumsworgeordie Spending a bit of time on Thai Travel forumsworgeordie Spending a bit of time on Thai Travel forumsworgeordie Spending a bit of time on Thai Travel forums
I had a Solahart hot water system it run great for 23 years,then the tank developed
a leak,a new Solahart are expensive now,and you have to buy a whole new system,
but it was only the tank that needed replacing.

So Googled Solar heating, and at top was Chiang Mai Solar, so I phoned the company
it is owned by a German guy,he was very helpful,and he was able to supply the tank only,the tanks are of good quality and made in Greece,he manufactures the panels
himself,which keeps the costs down, so for taking the old SolaHart tank down,it weighed a lot more than when it went up,must have been filled with sediment,install
new 200 ltr tank,the biggest he had in stock at the time,but can supply bigger sizes,
make a aluminium stand to fix tank on,took them 2 days,as getting the old tank down from 2 story house not easy at all,so the cost of new tank,fittings,labour, came to
32,000 THB.
I would recommend anyone building a new house,install Solar water heater,in the
long run it will pay for itself,and the convenience of having hot water at every sink,
bath if you have one,and shower,the water gets scalding on hot days like we have been having, theres maybe 3-5 days a year when the water does not get hot,but you
can have heater fitted,for those days .chiangmaisolar.com ,knows what he is doing,
Dont be tempted by those cheap Chinese made water heaters ,they don't last.
regards Worgeordie
worgeordie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08073 seconds with 19 queries