Thread: Tilezontilez
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wasp
Thailand Expat

Wasp has a brilliant future in Thailand
Wasp has a brilliant future in ThailandWasp has a brilliant future in ThailandWasp has a brilliant future in ThailandWasp has a brilliant future in ThailandWasp has a brilliant future in ThailandWasp has a brilliant future in ThailandWasp has a brilliant future in ThailandWasp has a brilliant future in Thailand
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post

What is "yes", what is "no"? I can add up to "not to break it". It's not just about the work is cheap, but about waste of time and the mess in the house. I (my chaan pun) had laid cement blocks (and somewhere also tiles) direct on older tiles of wall and bottom of swimming pool - by a simple cement with addition nam yaa (waterproof). No problem even after two earthquakes.

Yes .... the mess is a factor .

You know that Buddha shrine thing every home has ? Well we asked some somchais to build a base for a shrine ......... make a hollow square and then fill it up with broken waste we had from another bit of work .
They made the square but then instead of filling it with the mountain of broken cement , tiles et cetera they went around looking and they found our pile of new blocks for a wall and threw all those in and cemented over !!!!

Leaving us no blocks and still with a pile of broken crap . Hence I was thinking how to avoid adding more to the waste pile .

The helpful answers here are telling me I CAN tile onto tiles but it's not really the 'proper' way to go about things .
More of a somchai approach . God forbid.

Thank you peeples .

Wasp
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09478 seconds with 19 queries