Thread: Tilezontilez
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wasp
Thailand Expat

Wasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forum
Wasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forum
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post

What is "yes", what is "no"? I can add up to "not to break it". It's not just about the work is cheap, but about waste of time and the mess in the house. I (my chaan pun) had laid cement blocks (and somewhere also tiles) direct on older tiles of wall and bottom of swimming pool - by a simple cement with addition nam yaa (waterproof). No problem even after two earthquakes.

Yes .... the mess is a factor .

You know that Buddha shrine thing every home has ? Well we asked some somchais to build a base for a shrine ......... make a hollow square and then fill it up with broken waste we had from another bit of work .
They made the square but then instead of filling it with the mountain of broken cement , tiles et cetera they went around looking and they found our pile of new blocks for a wall and threw all those in and cemented over !!!!

Leaving us no blocks and still with a pile of broken crap . Hence I was thinking how to avoid adding more to the waste pile .

The helpful answers here are telling me I CAN tile onto tiles but it's not really the 'proper' way to go about things .
More of a somchai approach . God forbid.

Thank you peeples .

Wasp
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09825 seconds with 19 queries