View Single Post
Old 13-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #3586 (permalink)
harrybarracuda

harrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expat
harrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expatharrybarracuda Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
Surely that engine cowling segment would not be foam-filled like (presumably) most of the others ? Unless there is a hollow allowing it to float a bit.

I wonder how a solid piece like that ended up right on the tip of South Africa ? Could be a clue.
Meant to be as light as possible, it's not built to withstand crashes.

Quote:
South African archaeologist Neels Kruger told how he found the piece while walking along a lagoon on Monday afternoon.

“Being an archaeologist I’m always looking for things with my nose to the ground,” said the 35-year-old. He recognised the brown honeycomb structure from photos of other pieces of possible MH370 debris.

“When I flipped it around, I didn’t know immediately what it was but just thought, ‘Oh my word!’” he told the Associated Press. On the other side, Kruger said, he recognised what appeared to be the remains of the logo of Rolls Royce, which made the engines for the missing Boeing 777 airliner. The piece was about 70cm by 70cm “with chunks gone from the side”, said Kruger.
harrybarracuda is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07402 seconds with 19 queries