Thread: TM 30?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 07:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
toddaniels
Thailand Expat

toddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expat
toddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expat
The online TM.30 filing program for hotels & guest houses has been down since Dec 17th (along with all the other thai immigration extranet sites; 90 day online, re-entry permit appointment booking)..

When it was online it was free to register, even your thai g/f or wife could go online, register, get a login, password and use the site to "file" when you showed up.

The "fines" seem pretty standard in Jomtien & Chiang Mai at 1600baht a pop. However those are the fines for a foreigner who didn't have a TM.30 done by their property owner.. At least they were issuing receipts though.

Bangkok immigration's told me it's totally the property owner's responsibility, NOT the tenant. I think the way the form is titled in thai leads to the "open to interpretation" at the different offices.It uses the term possessor of the residence, which you as a renter become once you sign the lease..

It looks like it's gonna become a "thing" in Bangkok too. These are the big banners in front of the 90 day reporting room out at Chaengwattana..

Kinda stupid they wrote them in thai seeing as ONLY foreigners use the thai immigration office. Then again IF it's for the property owner, it'd make sense although I don't know how they'd ever see them.
toddaniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08787 seconds with 19 queries