Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks Peter, I will. I plan to head to Samui in March to see a friend and will detour through Khao Lak at that time.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by petercallen View Post

If you can afford to live comfortably in retirement in Australia you can live better in Phuket for a lot less money
    Absolutely spot on mate,

So many really nice beaches around Phuket one can avoid the tourist shit no probs.

Thing is the mongering scum hang in Patong and the place is judged on these wasters.

Sex tourists are fookin filth eh.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Terry's bibles.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    ^

Hey Scatman,

It is only you who finds solace in eating scat and debating the price of bugs with the village idiot up in phichit.

You retard Jeff.

Last Online
    13-09-2017 @ 03:14 AM
    How is your old ugly hag doing , Berry?
    Whats her story living 60 years in Bangkok.
    Im sure your not the first stupid farang between her legs.
    She doesnt get offended you bashing her former profesjon and customers.
    You really are a fucking looser.
    Let me give you a tip, try fucking the hot babes,
    and dont buy them insurance ,
    Cash money is what they prefer.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywaters
    Phuket would be one of the top 5 spots to live in Thailand.
    I'd choose the other four then- they are less expensive, more relaxed, less crowded, and the people are nicer.

last farang standing
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:43 PM
    Having only visited phuket once on a whim, I have to say I wouldn't go back although Posters have convinced me that I saw the worst of it staying around Patong. Reminded me of a corrupt Thai style Surfers Paradise, which I rarely go to these days unless it's to take friends on holiday from Victoria. I remember nearly falling over at the taxi fare from the airport to Patong. I remember remarking to my teerak at the time it didn't feel like Thailand. Sounds a pity I did not find the "better" parts of Phuket. Maybe I would have a different opinion, but never say never. Posters may have induced me to take another look one day. But honestly I absolutely hated Patong.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-01-2024 @ 11:31 PM
    Phuket's a small province, and can cater to both domestic and foreign tourists, as well as a large population of expats. I know of very few expats who actually live in the tourist enclaves, and those that do it's typically because of work or business commitments.

There are large parts of the island that are virtually tourist and traffic free, with outstanding views that are right up there with anything else in Thailand. Couple that with a large selection of retail outlets, restaurants that serve excellent Thai and Western food at reasonable prices (the 30 baht chicken and rice on the side of the road is never far away also). Good selection of hospitals, international airport, an immigration office that seems to function in as consistent and correct manner as is possible in LOS.

A couple of photos from my walk around Bang Wad reservoir at 7 a.m. this morning:

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^ Nice, that 30 bht chicken & rice. Not a bad view either. I'm sure there are things about Phuket I could get to like more, even appreciate- but it would take a local to show me.

Last Online
    12-11-2021 @ 03:50 PM
    I've lived on Phuket for twenty years and wouldn't live anywhere else in Thailand. I lived in Bangkok for 6 months and had to take a 40 minute taxi ride from Sathorn to some dingy dungeon of a second hand bookstore. No over the counter drugs. No bakeries within spitting distance, along with every type of non Thai food you could ever want when you're tired of Gaeng Som (which reminds me, can't get that in Bangkok). Many Western style quality clothes outlets reasonably priced without an elephant print in sight. Access to many islands. Better than bugsnbeetles Issan or the biggest mall in the world Bangkok. Downside? Too many cheating farang on the run and no public transport.

Last Online
    04-11-2023 @ 10:02 AM
    There is public transport from all the tourist beaches to Phuket town and when you get there you just hop on another bus to get where you want to go
    It does not run to a schedule but its usually less than 30 minutes between buses and costs about 50 baht
    Only runs in daylight hours, plenty of tourists use it so the cheap charlies who live here full time and use the service will not stand out
    Used it a few times myself when taking the pickup in for repairs, i enjoyed the ride you have plenty of time to look around

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by tamsin View Post
    When you're tired of Gaeng Som (which reminds me, can't get that in Bangkok)
    Uh, excuse me restaurants compete here to make the best gaeng som. What are you on about? 3 or 4 years with retirement coming cant really see staying in Bangkok. I too prefer the southern islands. Gaeng som is also a staple in our house, although once a month is enough for me...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information