Thread: TM 30?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
toddaniels
Thailand Expat

toddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expat
toddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expat
Okay, this TM.30 <- a form with the oh-so long name of "Notification From For House-Master, Owner Or The Possessor Of The Residence Where Alien Has Stayed" has been on the books a good while now.

It was designed for thai landlords (hotels & guest houses) to report foreigners living at their properties. In fact until Dec 17th there was an online program where hotels & guest houses could file the TM.30 online. <- FWIW: Dec 17th was the day that the thai immigration dept in their finite wisdom pulled down ALL their extranet online programs; 90 day reporting, online re-entry permit appointment booking & online TM.30. They did this because the computer crimes bill passed and they were afraid the sites would be hacked.

Now no immigration office EVER cared about this form until Chiang Mai started fining people 1600baht for failure to have filed it. In fact up there you can't even apply for an extension of stay, file a 90 day report OR get a re-entry permit up until you were fined and filed it.

The rule is written where the landowner must report a foreigner within 24 hours of them taking up residence. Needless to say many people who'd been getting yearly extensions of stays from the same immigration office using the same address year after year were vexed that this old rule was being enforced. Especially that the foreigner was being fined for what is in reality the property owner's responsibility.

Right now Bangkok doesn't care a bit if you've ever filed on, but more and more immigration offices do. I think Bangkok IS gonna start caring because when I was out at Chaengwattana last week there were two big stand-up placards right where you walk into the 90 day reporting room which outlined the TM.30 filing procedure.

My advice to anyone would be down-load the form (print it on 2 pages), take it with you to the immigration office the next time you're there. Also take along signed copies of the land owners thai i/d and their listing on the thai house book of that address and FILE the form.

There is some debate if it has to be re-filed every time you come back even if you travel inside thailand, OR if it's just if you come back from outta country..

It's a cluster fuck right now, BUT the fines people are getting are real and they add up to a TON of money.. I would say if you try to file it and get fined, MAKE them write you a receipt..

good luck..

Page generated in 0.09746 seconds with 19 queries