Thread: TM 30?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thailand Expat
Pragmatic's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Last but who gives a shit.
Posts: 8,553
Pragmatic has disabled reputation
So after 11 years they decide to enforce the law? As I read it it doesn't appear to be my problem as it's the responsibility of the person named on the Blue Book to notify them. Failure to notify them is a 1,600 Baht fine.
How the fcuk are house owners supposed to know this stupid law if it's not made public? I'll have to get the missus to phone to see how long she's got to register me.
As far as I'm aware this law hasn't been enforced in Immigration Division 4 so there's a lot of individuals around Korat, Buriram and Surin going to get caught out.

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:
  • In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

Last edited by Pragmatic : 01-03-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Pragmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.09814 seconds with 19 queries