View Single Post
Old 28-02-2017, 02:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
David48atTD
Thailand Expat

David48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand Expat
David48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand ExpatDavid48atTD Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorbloke View Post
Starting a Small house build for the Inlaws on our land in Sanam Chai Khet.
Above I wrote quite a harsh reply because IMHO, what you had planned was crazy and a waste of money because your opening gambit was ... 'a Small house build for the Inlaws' ... now it's building a place for you to live in ... a completely different build.

You have some excellent advice above, Slick, Norton, Hugh Cow, to name a few ... truly excellent advice.

One cautionary word from me though ...

When you hand the keys over to the In-Laws, if they are true to form ... your money will have been wasted.

The extra cost of the Q-con blocks will be wasted as all the windows and doors will be open, whether the Air-con is on ... or not.

Call me a cynic if you like ... but it happens in the majority of cases.

---

I would do one thing ... HAVE A SEPARATE METER FOR THE ELECTRICITY ... don't fall for the 'mai pen rai Honey ... Mom and Dad won't use much elec, 1 meter OK, mai' ... or, don't worry, they will give us 200 BHT each quarter ... BS

But, learn the lessons as you go.

Good luck with the build and we all look forward to seeing the construction and the dwelling as it takes shape.

You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow this opportunity ... it comes once in a lifetime.
David48atTD is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09794 seconds with 19 queries