View Single Post
Old 28-02-2017, 10:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Hugh Cow

Hugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand Expat
Hugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand ExpatHugh Cow Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorbloke
3.5KW system which should almost be over kill but will be able to do the whole house. (Feel free to add advice here as I am not an aircon expert by any means )
Yep. Get an inverter type.
Wall hung splits are good for 1 room only. you will not get enough cooling to seep through the doorway and besides you would need a larger unit.
You will need a multihead split with cooling heads in each room. The rule of thumb of cooling capacity reqirements with roof insulation and standard windows is 160 watts per sq metre or 50 btus per sq ft.
Inverters are cheaper to run and costly to repair. You need a good quality power supply. Remember with a Multi head you still have a large compressor operating when cooling one room. Sometimes its better to buy 2 air conditioners. One system for the lounge room and one for the bedroom. Best brands to buy. Mitsubishi Electric or Panasonic.
Disclosure.
I have an aircon sales and parts business in Bkk and we sell mitsubishi and panasonic but I believe they are 2 of the better brands. I would stay away from Korean brands. I am a refrigeration design Engineer. This is not a sales pitch just my advice based on 45 years experience.
Hugh Cow is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08970 seconds with 19 queries