View Single Post
Old 28-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Slick
Thailand Expat

Slick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand Expat
Slick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand ExpatSlick Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorbloke
I am planing on an Aircon in the living room I am thinking a 3.5KW system which should almost be over kill but will be able to do the whole house. (Feel free to add advice here as I am not an aircon expert by any means )
Just to add on here:

Airconditioners here are sold by a BTU rating (British Thermal Unit) and I would get 2 smaller units, one for each room, instead of one large unit. Your spaces are not very large at all, and with the metal roof, q-con, and insulation, myself, I would go with two 9K BTU units of good quality like Mitsubishi, or if its affordable, go with two 12K BTU Units. A good Mitsubishi 9K will cost about 10,000 baht installed and a 12K about 12-13,000 baht installed. But thats me, and my experience with houses with insulation and metal roofs in Thailand. Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different answers on this subject.

Myself, I would definitely NOT use 1 single aircon as you can get 2 for just about the same price it would cost to get 1 unit large enough to cool that house. Also, Airconditioners work on a principal of circulation, pulling warm moist air from the ceiling area, across the evaporator, removing humidity (huge deal, very important) and blowing cool air. It all happens at the inside, wall mounted part of the split unit. It will be way more effective to split that load with 2 air conditioners both working to dissipate heat and remove moisture in 2 separate rooms. Not to mention you can just run 1 at half the cost when not using the other room.

Of course the inlaws will probably think its a huge waste of money regardless.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08692 seconds with 19 queries