Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Last Online
    @

Want to move to Bangkok - Advice & Recommendations Please

So I want to move to Bangkok but not really sure what areas to look at. If anyone knows of any houses for rent, or locations with homes for rent, it would be great if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Situation/Budget/Requirements:

I need a detached house, not a condo or apartment. I have a dog, a 15 kilo unit, and condos/apartments are too much of a pain in the ass.

Dog Friendly. My dog is clean and kinda small, doesn't bark, basically a retard that sleeps 24/7 and is only motivated when I eat chicken.

Budget, Im thinking 35k a month should get me something nice/new/modern-ish?

3 Bed 2 Bath would be ideal, but would consider 2/2 if spacious.

Fully furnished would be perfect, but would consider moving some of my shit from my other place. Trying to avoid the hassle of doing that, but not out of the question.

I have a car & motorbike, but REALLY need to be in a convenient area within an easy walk to BTS/MRT and preferably near lower Sukhumvit or close to Sukhumvit. I really want to be able to head out on foot and get where ever I need to go via BTS/MRT/Motorbike Taxis and just use my Car/Motorbike for shopping/Supermarket/Travel/farting around near the house.

Fully Airconditioned is a total must have.

Do you guys know of any areas, houses, or websites that can help me out? Know anyone thats trying to rent their house out?

Think I can get what Im looking for for 35K/Month?

How do the landlords normally do the leases? 12 months with what? First month + 1 month security? Or....?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    For 35 K you would bag a very nice Condo in a top location but getting a 3 bed house is another story.

Dunno really but Nonthaburi on the out skirts of Bangkok has the BTS now.

It's a long way out thou.

Just spend a lot of time searching the Net mate.

Maybe out Samut Prachan way, BTS has reached there as well.

Last Online
    @
    I have two friends living in fully-furnished modern houses in the Sathorn area for 25K-35K monthly...they have dogs...not near public transport, but plenty of motocys available and, of course, there's uber (or GrabTaxi)...their homes are located near 7s and soi mini-fresh markets...

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    08-02-2023 @ 01:23 PM
    Why not look at the new proposed BTS routes, sure though areas are still at good prices.

if you don't want to be central to BKK and on the outskirts sure you can lease a more than comfortable property in that price range if not cheaper.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    I have two friends living in fully-furnished modern houses in the Sathorn area for 25K-35K monthly...they have dogs...not near public transport, but plenty of motocys available and, of course, there's uber (or GrabTaxi)...their homes are located near 7s and soi mini-fresh markets...
    How did they find the houses? I mean out Isaan way you just drive around looking for signs and networking with people & shit and you will find one in a day or 2.

Doesn't sound practical in BKK at all with that procedure. Internet? Agents?

Quote Originally Posted by terry57
    Yeah man if I move to BKK I want to be in close proximity to the shit ya know? I don't want to have to drive an hour ++ to get into the heart of it when I want to. Might as well be in any ole town in Thailand.

Last time I went from Samat Prakan to BKK Airport it took me over an hour and a half driving time and its worse trying to get to lower Suk from there.

I want to be near all the malls, villa, cinemas, shops, bumrungrad, easy access to the tollway and Suvarnabhumi etc...

Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    ^ Mega Mall is the largest and it is no where near Sukuhumvit. But is near tollway and Bumrungrad in a taxi.

I live near a lot of things on your list but rarely go to any. Villa maybe very occasionally.

I think your wander around idea has merit but you'd have to come here first to do it.
    Better to think inside the pub, than outside the box?
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    Those who cannot change their mind, cannot change anything.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    20-08-2018 @ 01:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal
    I think your wander around idea has merit but you'd have to come here first to do it.
    Who can say better than that ?

Blazing Saddles. The Vicar.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    How did they find the houses? I mean out Isaan way you just drive around looking for signs and networking with people & shit and you will find one in a day or 2.

Doesn't sound practical in BKK at all with that procedure. Internet? Agents?

Quote Originally Posted by terry57
    Yeah man if I move to BKK I want to be in close proximity to the shit ya know? I don't want to have to drive an hour ++ to get into the heart of it when I want to. Might as well be in any ole town in Thailand.

Last time I went from Samat Prakan to BKK Airport it took me over an hour and a half driving time and its worse trying to get to lower Suk from there.

I want to be near all the malls, villa, cinemas, shops, bumrungrad, easy access to the tollway and Suvarnabhumi etc...
    Slick, and Mate, I'm not taking the piss ... you seem to want the crème de la crème... a house in the middle of a city of 10 Million people.

Also, not many of us who live would pay the inflated price to attend bumrungrad Hospital ... there are much cheaper options which might be 10 % less in quality, but 50% less in price.

Samut Prakan is HUGE ... it's a Province much larger then Bangkok ... so it depends on where you want.

Getting into the 'Heart' of it ... me? ... I take the BTS

As for this ...

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Ask Tomcat ... Sathorn is close to the heart and those prices seem very attractive ... very.
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago ...

Last Online
    @
    Surely the least TC could do to facilitate is to throw a dinner party for his two friends and slick.

Help break the ice...

Last Online
    18-07-2020 @ 11:25 PM
    Around the Punawitthi - Bearing BTS stations area is not the worst location, I guess... a bit of a compromise.
    I wonder how Thonburi on the other side of the river compares? Far from Swampy though.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    How did they find the houses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Internet? Agents?
    ...bingo...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I have two friends living in fully-furnished modern houses in the Sathorn area for 25K-35K monthly...they have dogs...not near public transport
    How long have they been renting at those locations?

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    How long have they been renting at those locations?
    ...I'm guessing...maybe 2-3 years. The houses are buried deep in Sathorn sois and both have complained of minor flooding issues...I don't know any more about it...

Last Online

I am very surprised that your friends have managed to score houses for that price in this location.

It's a high rent, Hi-So area chock full of quality condos, near the river.

I suggest that Slick just concentrate on this area and see if can bag a house for that price like your friends have.

The location is superb, BTS, Seppo Embassy not far away, Lumpini Park, the river and the list goes on.

35 K a month seems very cheap for 3 bedroom house in Sathorn though.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post

I am very surprised that your friends have managed to score houses for that price in this location.

It's a high rent, Hi-So area chock full of quality condos, near the river.

I suggest that Slick just concentrate on this area and see if can bag a house for that price like your friends have.

The location is superb, BTS, Seppo Embassy not far away, Lumpini Park, the river and the list goes on.

35 K a month seems very cheap for 3 bedroom house in Sathorn though.
    I know a guy that has a 3 bedroom / 2 bath decent shophouse with a western kitchen in that area that pays 13,000 baht. It is actually a nice place.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post

I live near a lot of things on your list but rarely go to any. Villa maybe very occasionally.
    The reason I live Ground Zero Bangkok is exactly for the reasons Slick has posted that he wants.

I use everything on his list and much more.

Can not see a reason for City living if one does not use all the good stuff that Bangkok provides.

I'd be living up on the Mekong somewhere if I did not want or use city life stuff.

That's me though.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by chitown View Post

I know a guy that has a 3 bedroom / 2 bath decent shophouse with a western kitchen in that area that pays 13,000 baht. It is actually a nice place.
    That sounds Fantastic, good luck to him.

I recon he must love it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    how much is your shoebox terry?

Last Online
    ^

My shoe box is 12 K.

I'm getting that 2 K under the going rate because I'm a long termer.

I'm not going anywhere Tax, I love the place and the superb location.

Ram Hua-Hin up ya ass Eh.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    12 K.
    did he charge you extra 'cos of your green trainers?

like stealing sweets from a child.

somchai saw you coming eh?

Last Online
    ^

They're Yellow.

Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    So I want to move to Bangkok but not really sure what areas to look at. If anyone knows of any houses for rent, or locations with homes for rent, it would be great if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Situation/Budget/Requirements:

I need a detached house, not a condo or apartment. I have a dog, a 15 kilo unit, and condos/apartments are too much of a pain in the ass.

Dog Friendly. My dog is clean and kinda small, doesn't bark, basically a retard that sleeps 24/7 and is only motivated when I eat chicken.

Budget, Im thinking 35k a month should get me something nice/new/modern-ish?

3 Bed 2 Bath would be ideal, but would consider 2/2 if spacious.

Fully furnished would be perfect, but would consider moving some of my shit from my other place. Trying to avoid the hassle of doing that, but not out of the question.

I have a car & motorbike, but REALLY need to be in a convenient area within an easy walk to BTS/MRT and preferably near lower Sukhumvit or close to Sukhumvit. I really want to be able to head out on foot and get where ever I need to go via BTS/MRT/Motorbike Taxis and just use my Car/Motorbike for shopping/Supermarket/Travel/farting around near the house.

Fully Airconditioned is a total must have.

Do you guys know of any areas, houses, or websites that can help me out? Know anyone thats trying to rent their house out?

Think I can get what Im looking for for 35K/Month?

How do the landlords normally do the leases? 12 months with what? First month + 1 month security? Or....?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Look at places where the BTS is not yet finished such as Bang Kea area near Siam University and Seacon. Prices have gone up but will go quite a bit when complete.

If you don't mind living on the edge.

We have a place there which we only use at weekends. We moved to Klong Sam Wan to get away from the chaos!
    You bullied, you laughed, you lied, you lost!

Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    We moved to Klong Sam Wan to get away from the chaos!
    You're just around the corner from me. I know that we are out of the area that Slick is wanting to rent, but I think that the Klong Sam Wa/Lamlukka area isn't too bad. Since the Charoen Rat expressway has opened getting into downtown Bangkok isn't too bad so long as you aren't competing with the morning and evening rush hours. On a good day, I can be from my house to the JW Marriott in under 30 minutes.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information