View Single Post
Old 25-02-2017, 07:05 AM   #56 (permalink)
brisie

brisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expat
brisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expatbrisie Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by khmen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brisie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
the timetables of the train. Seven hour ride during daytime. Ugh! I think I'll pass on that...
Could be quite nice.

I love travelling by train. Amenities allowing of course.

Seven hours next to an open window with the wind coming in as I sink icy Ankor Beer after icy Ankor beer as the Cambodian countryside rolls on by sounds quite alright indeed.
Nah that was the first and most important question no booze and no ciggies allowed
I don,t think they have a pisser either the reason they stop so long in Tekeo and Kampot is for that reason .
I wanted to take the train but for the hours they leave time and amenities it,s easier to take the bus or cab
Beer is allowed on the train, no problem drinking it on train whatsoever. I had a few beers during my journey.

Same goes for smoking - the carriage near the front has windows you can smoke from, you can also smoke between carriages.

They also have toilets...not bad ones as far as trains in Asia go either. Dunno where you're getting your info from but it's wrong!

Katie - yeah, the trains have air con.
When we went to the sihanoukeville platform to buy tickets that's what the girl told us maybe she had her period who knows.
Leaving at 7am didn't look to appealing so we gave it a miss.
Was back down there the other week and found part of the reason why the trains have accidents. At least 3 shipping container doors hadn't been shut and just left flapping around.

brisie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.11083 seconds with 19 queries