Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40424344454647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,231 of 1231

Last Online
    28-04-2018 @ 03:45 PM
    Hi Marty,

I like Udon very much. Great base for exploring the Isaan region. Plenty of beer bars and restaurants. Some good reasonably priced hotels and plenty of options for long term rentals.

There is a forum Udon Thani Map, Udon Guide, Udon Thani Magazine - Udon Thani, Thailand that will provide plenty of info.

Cheers

Last Online
    31-07-2017 @ 06:12 AM
    Here is another forum in the area...nice place to live for awhile..

? Index page

Last Online
    25-08-2019 @ 07:50 PM
    Thanks guys,
    I've been on to Udon Maps and Udon Guide, I'll check out the others

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    29-04-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    Udons actually not a bad little town to park up for a while I reckon, quite like the place and used to go often for weekenders to catch up with mates bar scenes not in your face and can get as lively as you make it, even got condo developments going on with the same rules as bangers and Pattaya, you can't own it but as a farang I think you have to live above the first floor. Looks like the Thais started to invest heavily after the Bangkok floods, seems to be plenty of money around. The Thais have temporarily fucked up my udon jaunts with the introduction of only 2 land crossings per year( I've used them) my plan B is to grab a 6 month multi entry visa at 5000 baht but I can't do that until march when my Lao work visa gets renewed, if I do now my 6 month Thai visa expires when the Lao permit expires, fuck it I,ll just wait them out, udons quite a livable place but the traffics getting bad. Choose your location wisely

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    FO, please contact me once you arrive in Udon and I can show you around. Sorry to hear about your situation and I will be putting a good friend of mine on a plane back to the UK on Tuesday who has been through a similar deal. He still comes back every year for three months and then goes back home to work.

I have lived in the Udon area for over 10 years now. The choice to build a house there was mainly due to the fact that we live in the same village where my wife grew up. Udon has most of what you would ever need and it is an area where the cost of living is relatively low. The city has changed quite a bit over the last 10 years and the biggest negative is now the traffic. There is a lot of new money here now which came from those moving to get out of the yearly flooding.

If I had it to do again, I would probably moved somewhere along the Thai coast. Hua Hin is nice and you would never have to be concerned about running out of water like in the Udon area. Live and rent for at least a year before making any decisions on where to build or purchase. It will pay many dividends.
    Last edited by rickschoppers; 12-02-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Last Online
    25-08-2019 @ 07:50 PM
    Thanks Rickschoppers, I will PM you and get your phone before I come over. Hoping to come over in April for a couple of weeks to check out new GF I met online.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40424344454647484950

Thread Information