Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online
    20-03-2024 @ 06:35 PM

New Mazda on Finance

I've been wanting a new Mazda CX3 for a while and am ready to buy one.

I went to the showroom in Khon Kaen and one assistant told me I could get 0% interest if I paid 20% and the remainder over 2 years. The car is 1,045,000 baht.

Alternatively, discount of 40,000 baht but 2.5% interest, which is not as good.

Then another assistant came in and said it was not possible as I am a foreigner, however the 2.5% is. Alarm bells ringing now.

The problem about putting in into my wife's name is that they say she must get 100k a month. I get a fair bit more than that but they say no to me.

Anyone here got finance with Mazda? Any advice? My wife has land worth more than the car, maybe use that as collateral?

I guess I'll call Mazda in Bangkok tomorrow but it seems fucked up to me.

Last Online
    @
    You'll probably get different answers at different dealers at the same dealership, never mind at different dealerships.

Call up every Mazda dealership with in a reasonable distance, and note down what they say, as well as their names.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    You'll probably get different answers at different dealers at the same dealership, never mind at different dealerships.

Call up every Mazda dealership with in a reasonable distance, and note down what they say, as well as their names.
    Thanks for the advice Luigi!

Last Online
    @
    No bother bud. A mate of mine bought a Mazda on finance in Roi Et. I'll give him a shout tomorrow and see how easy it was.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Got financed with Mazda for a new CX3 in my wife's name a few months back. I would have to look up the name of the bank since Mazda does not finance their own vehicles like Toyota or Honda. My wIfe has never worked, but has a good bank history since all the money I wired to her shows up as a regular deposit. She also has a sizable balance in her bank account and is on the ownership papers for two pieces of land and a house.

It is all a game to make sure the new Mazda is secure if financed. You may hear different stories from different dealers, but if your wife can show a healthy bank account, with land ownership and a regular income from somewhere, she should not have a problem qualifying for the CX3.

Last Online
    Just found out that I can get 0% finance from the dealer in Chumpae. 30% down and around 28k a month for 2 years.
    I feel like going back to the Khon Kaen showroom to tell them they are talking bollocks.

Last Online
    @
    Do.

Wait til it's all done and go back in with the paperwork.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Wait til it's all done and go back in with the paperwork.
    Good idea. Let the fool in KK know he lost some face, a sale and a big hunk of commission.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    15-11-2020 @ 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDee
    I feel like going back to the Khon Kaen showroom to tell them they are talking bollocks.
    Do it, but be cool.
    you thought you might be able to help them.
    you wants to update them.
    you wanted to HELP them.

the cnuts

Last Online
    @

Coolness is the key. Turning it around as if you're there to help them is the way.

Last Online
    edit because

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDee View Post
    Just found out that I can get 0% finance from the dealer in Chumpae. 30% down and around 28k a month for 2 years.
    Called again and found out I can pay 25% down and 36 months payment at 0%.

Or, if I buy the top model(SP), which I intend to, 20% down and possibly 4 years of 0%.

Obviously, if getting 0% interest, the lowest down payment and most years is the right thing to do, isn't it?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    suggest you do the math before signing....as there just might be a service charge..55

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas View Post
    suggest you do the math before signing....as there just might be a service charge..55
    Of course, I'll check the numbers before buyin.

Are you saying they'll try to rip me off?

What kind of service charge do you mean?

Have you any experience of this?

Last Online
    Ok, new twist. the woman in Khon Kaen says that she will give 0% but only on cars that she has in stock, and she doesn't have a CX3 SP.
    Thinking of going there and demanding a new salesperson as she is really getting irritating.
    Does anyone know how long it would take for a car to come to Khon Kaen after ordering it? She's avoiding the question. Surely it wouldn't take more than a couple of weeks? She seems desperate to give us some old stock.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Ok, new twist. the woman in Khon Kaen says that she will give 0% but only on cars that she has in stock, and she doesn't have a CX3 SP. Thinking of going there and demanding a new salesperson as she is really getting irritating. Does anyone know how long it would take for a car to come to Khon Kaen after ordering it? She's avoiding the question. Surely it wouldn't take more than a couple of weeks? She seems desperate to give us some old stock.
    Chalky do you think you are back home? No you are in Thailand, and there is nothing you can do about Thai sales tactics.

You seem to want to get a break every way possible here. I remember you have posted about wanting a fake degree, fake teeth, and now bitching about an already good deal by Thai standards. " I am going to do this, I am going to do that" Stop talking and start acting mate...

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Ok, new twist. the woman in Khon Kaen says that she will give 0% but only on cars that she has in stock, and she doesn't have a CX3 SP. Thinking of going there and demanding a new salesperson as she is really getting irritating. Does anyone know how long it would take for a car to come to Khon Kaen after ordering it? She's avoiding the question. Surely it wouldn't take more than a couple of weeks? She seems desperate to give us some old stock.
    Chalky do you think you are back home? No you are in Thailand, and there is nothing you can do about Thai sales tactics.

You seem to want to get a break every way possible here. I remember you have posted about wanting a fake degree, fake teeth, and now bitching about an already good deal by Thai standards. " I am going to do this, I am going to do that" Stop talking and start acting mate...
    Excellent relevant advice. Thanks for your time.

I especially like your advice on my character. Low self-esteem day is it?

Do you have a car? Did you buy it new?

I never have and want to get a good deal as it is a lot of money for me - is that so terrible?

This is not a good deal, it is standard to get 0% if paying 25% down and paying over 2 years.

I have a real degree btw.
    Last edited by ChalkyDee; 01-03-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    ^ it is not standard to get 0% finance, no matter how long the instalments are.

0% normally applies on old stock. Does Mazda have a facelift or new model of the car you want coming out soon? If yes, then this is why they are doing 0%

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    ^ it is not standard to get 0% finance, no matter how long the instalments are.

0% normally applies on old stock. Does Mazda have a facelift or new model of the car you want coming out soon? If yes, then this is why they are doing 0%
    Yes there is a facelift on the CX3 coming soon, which doesn't change much.

Actually, there I just checked the Mazda website and this month there is a promotion of 0% for the CX3!

https://www.mazda.co.th/offers/detail201703/

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    ^ The reason that you can get the 0% is because they are not throwing in the 3 year Mazda Care Program that you get with the new Mazda 2 and 3 (which is at 2.22% interest).

Banned

Last Online
    09-05-2021 @ 03:25 AM
    Is this 3 year Mazda Care program also known as Warranty and roadside assistance?

I guess there's no such thing as a free lunch

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    ^ Guessing so. I'm also guessing that it costs around the same as 2.22% interest rate of a new Mazda 2 or 3 if bought separately.

Banned

Last Online
    maybe they'll throw some rubber mats in like they did with the wife's.

You should see them, they've not got Mazda written on them, they're like the cheapest set you could pick up from Halfords

The window tints and rear parking sensors were fitted by an outside firm too, the fukkers only fitted 2 sensors as well

Oh here's another one, the place where we bought it down the road don't have any paint the same colour as her car bumper that she grazed so it has to go to another Mazda garage to have it repaired

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    ...but did she get 0% finance and a Masters degree thrown in?

Banned

Last Online

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information