View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
JPPR2
CCBW

JPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand Expat
JPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand ExpatJPPR2 Thailand Expat
Pink,
This is really likely going to boil down to 2 things I would suspect;

1) Cost (which I completely understand)

2) Your threshold for noise when it rains and storms.

Years back I stayed in a home with friends that had a steel roof. One night a huge rain front dropped in and it rained for at least an hour, when I say rained...I mean RAINED!!!. The noise was virtually deafening to the point where you cannot even sleep through it. His home had insulation only because I asked about it in the morning over breakfast. He is Thai and told me, If he could do it all over again he would have used the tile roof with the sound deadening insulation underneath. He recently had his house re roofed to remove the steel.

My BIL in Ayutthaya recently added a carport to his home. To keep costs low he used the steel roof. His house has a tile roof. He did not think it would be a big deal. He regrets it terribly. So his house inside is quiet but when the rain hits the carport roof it echos everywhere inside his home even with the windows shut.

Again these are just a few trial and tribulations of folks. I am not trying to sway you one way or another.

Cheers
JPPR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07929 seconds with 19 queries