Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^
    Sounds good. PM me anytime.

Last Online
    31-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Today i had a meeting with a building team who built more of the higher end houses around here. I give him a print of this plan to give me a price, and he told 13k/m2 with 7cm quality concrete block and 15k/m2 with 2 x cinderblock wall. Building is around 130m2 he said ( when i check i get 116m2) so total around 1.69/1.950. Expensive or not? i will check more builders offcource, im not in hurry..

Pink

About twice as much per sqm than I paid. I presume having a roof more suitable for temperate climates adds a fair bit to the cost?

Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 10:03 PM
    I belive what drive the price up is when getting price for all. Currently im working with alternative to be responsible for building and buying myself, and getting help from some local workers hired per day. I started collecting some info and prices on what i need... Roofing is the part im not shure on, if going for the heavy betong tiles or roof or going for a lighter solution.. My wife told the lighter roofs not strong, but i want to check more on it. I would guess i can use less and cheaper steel on a light plated roof.

Pink

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink
    My wife told the lighter roofs not strong, but i want to check more on it. I would guess i can use less and cheaper steel on a light plated roof.
    A few comments on the roofing materials, going lower cost is doable but things to consider, When it rains here, it REALLY rains and those thin plated roofs are incredibly loud coupled with they do not help with heat deflection. IMHO, its OK to go lower price on some things on a house build but a top quality roof will pay for itself years over.

Last Online
    15-04-2018 @ 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink
    My wife told the lighter roofs not strong, but i want to check more on it. I would guess i can use less and cheaper steel on a light plated roof.
    A few comments on the roofing materials, going lower cost is doable but things to consider, When it rains here, it REALLY rains and those thin plated roofs are incredibly loud coupled with they do not help with heat deflection. IMHO, its OK to go lower price on some things on a house build but a top quality roof will pay for itself years over.

....yeah mate you are 100% right...staying in the upper floor by my parents in law with such a roof is no worries this time of a year....
    it gets cooler quick,no rain......but still a bit warm at daytime....no worries

....but wait until it gets to the warm season....
    it gets hot as f*&@ and when it rains,you get a hearing loss.....so loud,i think it is over a 100dB....very very noisy.......you cant sleep.....

so my 5 cents is,go cheap and you will regret it later....if you have a sleep of a bear in his winter-sleep....than no worries....

Last Online
    ok i will think more about this. i was at Global House today and i see cement roof tiles from 13 to 30 bath...i did not see why the 30 bath tiles should cost more than the 13 bath, and look almost same. Any idea whats the difference?

Pink

Last Online
    @
    ok i will think more about this. i was at Global House today and i see cement roof tiles from 13 to 30 bath...i did not see why the 30 bath tiles should cost more than the 13 bath, and look almost same. Any idea whats the difference?

Pink
    Do you happen to remember the brand. Some cost variance can be materials or warranty. A 10 year tile will be significantly less then a premiere 25 or 30 year roof.

Last Online
    MAGMA Is the brand

Pink

Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post

Pink
    Do you happen to remember the brand. Some cost variance can be materials or warranty. A 10 year tile will be significantly less then a premiere 25 or 30 year roof.

Last Online
    @
    Why not ask the reps?
    We used CPAC but which model?
    It was reputation in the market place which had the greatest influence.
    Choose a sensible color. Ours is a pastel shade - not bright blue which would be liable to fade.
    As a general rule, in a competitive market, you get what you pay for. The manufacturers research the market & choose which sector they will compete in.

Last Online
    @
    I did a ton of research and I used Prestige by CPAC Monier. 30 year warranty. I should be just about dead or dead when the warranty expires.

We also used a galvanized roofing truss pre fabbed from Australia. Light weight but stronger then the welded on site steel, primered Thai option. Cost difference from Thai fab'd steel and steel roof was about 220K to 250K baht. Money well spent

Last Online
    @
    Good investment!
    What is the value of a good night's sleep?
    The old adage: 'You get nothing for nothing.'

Last Online
    08-11-2020 @ 05:50 AM
    galvanized roofing truss
    something I'll have to check into when we do our build in Roiet
    thanks for all the good ideas guys

Last Online
    Today my wife got a good deal on 2 x wood house skeletons, 3 x 3 poles each, so now planes must be redone, probably to a 2 storey where first storrey will be blocks and the second storrey is wood.

Pink

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 04:52 PM
    I'm sure someone on here had a tin roof, but it came with insulation. Like a sandwich, with a (celotex ) in the middle. Good insulation against temperature and noise. Kill two birds with one stone as they say.

Last Online
    08-11-2020 @ 05:50 AM
    I did a little research on metal roofing, company called KSS in BKK has insulated steel roofing not sure how it compare in price. kssthailand.com

Last Online
    M building going on for 1 month now.. I ended up with a 2 storey plan after some ideas i see.. The planes was changed and adjusted when there two months ago was 2 trucks in street outside with 2 thai woodhouses for sale. So in short the plan now is first floor double blocks and cement, secend floor is wood, with wood post, wood floor etc. second floor outside part is cementfloor and cement post. Roofing will be all steel construction, and i expect use bluescoope roofing.

Last Online
    08-09-2017 @ 01:56 PM
    I used the Thai metal roofing on my build with the sandwitched foil insulation I was under the roof during a recent downpour and it really wasn't that noisy and will be dampened more when the gypsum goes in with another 6 inches of insulation on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information