View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
katie23
Thailand Expat

katie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expat
katie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expatkatie23 Thailand Expat
^thnx Bld, will look for that thread. I think I haven't seen that one. I've read somewhere (wikitravel?) that the hydrofoil service contract will end/ has ended Dec 2016, due to competition frm bus companies, which are cheaper & just ~30 min longer. They've built better roads since my last reading, I think. Thought of going to Vung Tau 2 yrs ago but didn't push thru, again due to time constraints. It doesn't matter to me if the beaches are a bit underwhelming. I've seen & stepped on Boracay sand. I've also been to Calaguas island, which is also a white beach but the sand is not as fine as Boracay, but was better than Puerto Galera. Even crocman has said that among the beaches he has been to (and he's been to a lot!), Boracay sand is still the finest.

Vung Tau is also good for me, since I can hike to the small hill to see the Jesus statue. I like hikes & I like Jesus too, so win-win. Lol.

Due to the recent bad reviews abt Phu Quoc, it's out of the list.
katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.10022 seconds with 19 queries