Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by longway View Post
    University of Wisconsin are peddling a cure for masculinity. The libtards on here certainly don't need it.

Male college students to undergo 'critical self-reflection' of masculinity - The College Fix

“Recent research suggests college campuses have not effectively addressed [male students’] needs,” she stated. “Research also indicates that expectations around masculinity impact the way in which men experience college.”

“This can lead to self-destructive behaviors that impair their ability to complete their education,” she continued. “Research indicates that young men are less likely to enroll in and graduate from college, less likely to seek help from campus resources and more likely to engage in risky behaviors such as abusing drugs and alcohol. Research also indicates that programs such as the Men’s Project can counter these negative trends and support college men in their educational experience.”
    Young guys in school partying, abusing drugs and alcohol.

Yes, this is a very new thing. It started recently.

Dad didn't teach them how to fish and hunt, so they sit in a circle, beat drums, chant, and cry.

It's a hard life.

Those young guys that fought the Germans and Japanese had it easier.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    ^as if chicks arent boozing and snorting alongside the guys.

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Pizza View Post

You're kidding right?
    I suppose it depends on your definition of recently.
    Last edited by Cujo; 06-01-2017 at 12:08 AM.

En route
    Last Online
    And what's dad not teaching them to fish and hunt got to do with anything?
    Or the guys who fought the Germans or Japanese?
    You forgot the Koreans, the Vietnamese the Iraqis and the Afghanistanis by the way.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    And what's dad not teaching them to fish and hunt got to do with anything?
    That, Cujo my friend....was sarcasm.

That's called "inference."

You forgot the Koreans, the Vietnamese the Iraqis and the Afghanistanis by the way.
    By including those, why not go back to the 1700s and include those conflicts.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

You're kidding right?
    I suppose it depends on your definition of recently.
    A lot of this stuff they attribute to 'masculinity' is actually immaturity. Girls do mature earlier than boys in general. What would help male students more would be to spend a couple years working, travelling, partying to get it out of their system before embarking on a course of study.

Immaturity not something unis are geared to correct anymore, in fact they do their best to infantilise their students as much as possible.

Libtards want to turn the world into a giant nursery school.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    23-08-2021 @ 06:47 PM

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by longway View Post

Libtards want to turn the world into a giant nursery school.

Meanwhile they are calling their mommies to kiss their little boo-boos.

En route
    Last Online
    U[QUOTE=Cold Pizza;3434052]

That's called "inference."
    and what exactly are you inferring?

By including those, why not go back to the 1700s and include those conflicts.
    In case you missed it m not going 'back',.

En route
    Last Online
    Can't cut and paste the article from phone so just the link sorry. This is double facepalm WTF stuff here.
    University of Glasgow: Crucifixion Too Triggering for Some Students Taking Classes on Bible | National Review

Last Online
    @
    ^ Scottish minds are being cuddled, not American ones.

Downright silly, innit.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Can't cut and paste the article from phone so just the link sorry. This is double facepalm WTF stuff here.
    University of Glasgow: Crucifixion Too Triggering for Some Students Taking Classes on Bible | National Review
    Good find, Cujo.

Pathetic wherever this "triggering" is.

Do they watch movies and television news?

Lots of 'triggers' there.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    I don't mind watching movies of Jesus being crucified because it's not him, it's an actor as Jesus died for real over 2000 years ago.
    When I was. Jesus Sunday school kid I thought it was blasphemy for a sinful person to play Jesus.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Below is a snippet from the entire article.

The PC Monster

Has Political Correctness Gone off the Rails in America?
    Few terms are as divisive in today's United States as "political correctness." A concept that was intended to create greater freedom in the country may instead have resulted in the opposite. It also helped strengthen the right wing.

'Unsafe Learning Environment'

Today, though, it's personal pronouns that his students are squabbling over and Copeland has little understanding. He says students no longer want to be addressed as "he" or "she," but as "X" or "they" or newly created personal pronouns. At Oberlin, terms like "Latina" or "Latino" for people with Central or South American backgrounds have been replaced with the gender-neutral "Latinx."

Two years ago, Copeland asked a young student who was editing a video during rehearsals for a stage production if she would manage to finish editing the footage by the end of the week. He didn't get the immediate response and things were hectic. "Yes or no?" he called out in his exalted way. "Yes or no?"

The student, who Copeland says is an Asian-American lesbian woman, stormed out of the rehearsal, not that uncommon of an occurrence in theater. Later, the dean ordered Copeland to his office and accused him of having berated a student and of creating a "hostile and unsafe learning environment." There was that term again: "unsafe learning environment." The dean handed him a document and asked him to sign it. Copeland refused and provided the names of others who had been present and who could attest that he hadn't berated the student. The dean said it didn't matter. What mattered was that the "student felt unsafe."

The matter led to a formal Title IX investigation for sexual misconduct. Copeland hired a lawyer and the probe was dropped after a year. The whole thing cost Copeland thousands of dollars. Worse yet, he says, he lost his ideological compass.

What was going on? Where, if not here, did young men and women have the opportunity to mature into citizens, into people who could also confront unpleasant views?

Copeland self-identifies as a leftist. He's a man who has fought for social justice, for the rights of the weak, for freedom and for free speech. Now students were dismissing him as some old, reactionary grandpa who knew nothing about the vulnerabilities created by identity, skin color and gender, whether it be male, female, gay, lesbian or transgender, the full spectrum of LGBTQ, as people call it today -- or "cisgender."

Cisgender is a relatively new word and Copeland only recently became aware of it. He also learned that it is often used as an insult. It describes pretty much to a "T" what he is: a white, heterosexual man who is certain that he doesn't want to be a woman and isn't even a little bit bi-sexual.

Copeland isn't the only victim. Across the country, "social justice warriors," as they are disparagingly called, are leaving a trail of destruction in their wake, attacking professors, artists, authors and even DJs along the way.
    Overwrought Political Correctness Helped Trump Win - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Well, maybe some students are calling BS on these Educrats that never had a job.

Now I'm in my mid 40s so I'm an ol' geezer to some degree.

And I remember the White Boards at Uni in the dorms.

There was one incident where some jerk wrote "gay jokes" about a guy who was (allegedly gay) and we all together said that that person is a scum and childish person.

I cannot say what goes on now, but is this OK? To ban the white boards? I think very, very, few students would write racial / sexual stuff on a white board. Perhaps I'm wrong.

ACTIVISM FREE SPEECH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

University bans dorm room whiteboards to stop hurtful words
    DOMINIC MANCINI - ASHFORD UNIVERSITY
    FEBRUARY 22, 2017

Many students criticize decision as overbearing, unnecessary

Students at Michigan State University soon will not be permitted to hang whiteboards on the outside of their dorm room doors.

The new policy, effective Fall 2017, was created in an attempt to eliminate opportunities for students to write mean words and racial slurs, according to a campus official.

“Their utility as a communication tool no longer outweighed the attractive nuisance that they are,” Kat Cooper, director of university residential services communications, told The College Fix via email.

In a statement to The Detroit News, Cooper added: “In any given month, there are several incidents like this [hurtful words]. There was no one incident that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Sometimes these things are racial, sometimes they’re sexual in nature. There are all sorts of things that happen.”

MORE: ‘Make America Great Again’ whiteboard messages deemed ‘racial attack’ by campus bias response team

The Lansing NAACP chapter, in response to the news, posted on its Facebook page that the policy change is a “victory,” citing an “incident at MSU where a young african american honors student had ‘The N Word’ written on her dorm room whiteboard.”

Because the existing housing contract does not mention any rule regarding the whiteboards, current students will not be forced to remove the boards from their doors, the policy will be written into the new contracts for the next school year, Cooper told The Fix. Also, whiteboards will still be permitted inside of dorm rooms, she stated.

Many students, meanwhile, believe the policy is foolish, they say.

Michigan State sophomore Brad Kain told The College Fix that although removing whiteboards is not a major inconvenience, it is rare when students post offensive content on the boards.

“We’re all adults,” Kain said.

And Michigan State freshman Parker Johnson told The Fix that many people put positive expressions on their whiteboards.

“I understand why they are doing it,” he said, “but I know many people who use them on their doors and it brightens up people’s day.”

He said his friend utilizes his whiteboard to ask a “question of the day,” which brings the floor together and allows students to become more acquainted.

“I think they should find another way of handling the problem,” Johnson said.

Freshman Andy Campbell (pictured), who uses his board to ask the question of the day, told The Fix: “The whiteboard has always, for me and the rest of Bailey Hall, provided a sense of community. My door has become a gathering place for discussion as well as low-quality humor, which always seems to brighten up residents’ days. Next year I think the hall is gonna seem a little empty without it.”

Facebook comments on the NAACP Facebook page offered additional critiques.

University bans dorm room whiteboards to stop hurtful words - The College Fix

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Short documentary on describing how the culture at Yale university descended into PC madness.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit
    Milo doesn't care about college students at all. He is just another scam artist making money off ignorant right wing bigots.
    Quote Originally Posted by longway
    I am inclined to give him a chance, as I have been following him quite a while and $100,000 is not enough money to bother scamming for the problems it will cause him. If he does not make it point to keep clear accounts of this charity from now on, you are right, but chances are its nothing more than a fcuk up.

The website has been set up at least: https://privilegegrant.com/

https://privilegegrant.com/news/
    The male privilege grants are being distributed now.

https://privilegegrant.com/03/1497

The Yiannopoulos Privilege Grant, launched by Milo Yiannopoulos and funded by Milo and private donors to provide college funding assistance to white males, is pleased to announce that 10 applicants have been selected to receive pilot project grants of $2,500 each.

Last Online
    @
    If it is okay to target grant funds by ethnicity and gender - then some cash specifically for white males seems reasonable. Need more of this, actually.

Last Online
    @
    https://www.city-journal.org/html/mo...pus-15108.html

"News last night, that threats of violence by left-wing student activists at the Claremont Colleges disrupted an appearance by my colleague Heather Mac Donald, was as unsurprising as it was dispiriting. A year and a half ago, when highly publicized protests at Missouri and Yale led to copycat eruptions on campuses across the country, protesters at the schools of the Claremont consortium were especially notable for both their militancy and their unreason, with mob leaders at the five schools competing with one another in the sheer idiocy of their “nonnegotiable demands.” Worse, rather than condemn those threatening to shut down their campuses if they didn’t get their way, the administrators responded to the intellectual thuggery with sympathy and understanding.

As a graduate of the oldest of the Claremont Colleges, Pomona, I wrote at the time of how dramatically the character of the school had changed in the half-century since my arrival on a quiet, conservative campus in 1966; and, specifically, of the damage done by student protesters during my years there. The key event—the juncture from which there was no turning back—was the morning 50 or so demonstrators, including me, surrounded an Air Force recruiter in the campus placement office, chanting and heckling and otherwise preventing him from speaking to interested students. We had been forewarned that there would be severe repercussions if we disrupted the session, including possible expulsion, and we took the threat seriously. So when our punishment was announced, we were almost as surprised as we were relieved: “suspended suspension.”

Who, at the time, could have guessed that administrators, those surrogate-parent figures, were such pathetic wimps?

It was all too short a step from that moment to this past Thursday evening, when several hundred student thugs screaming “Fuck white supremacy” and “Black Lives matter here” surrounded the hall where Mac Donald was speaking, threatening with physical violence those seeking to enter. Eventually, Heather addressed an empty room, with a camera livestreaming her talk, even as the protesters screamed and banged on the doors from outside.
    Things grew so heated that campus cops, concerned for her safety, stopped her talk early and hustled her out.

There are differences, of course. Back then, wrong-headed and irresponsible as we were, we weren’t mean-spirited. Pomona wasn’t Berkeley; we didn’t take ourselves all that seriously. To the contrary, there was an antic element to it all; on some level, we knew perfectly well we were kids, doing what kids do—acting out against the grown-ups. Even the members of the Black Student Union, with their huge Afros, serious demeanors, and just-like-the-Panthers black leather jackets, were, at heart, polite middle-class kids like us, their menace a pose.

I’ll never forget the day Jerry Rubin, the Yippie provocateur, spoke on campus, exhorting the crowd to spike the water supply with LSD. Instead of wild applause, the student audience just stared at him in silence; Rubin stalked angrily off the stage. I’d never been prouder of Pomona.

Indeed, though in those days as in these, leftism was the norm, those who took a different view got a respectable hearing in the dorms and dining halls.

No more. These kids have no regard for the once sacrosanct principle that even your enemies have a right to be heard. They are ugly-minded and vicious. And, unlike us, they know for an absolute certainty that there will be no consequences for their behavior. They make me despair for the future—if not of the country, then certainly for Claremont".

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Would anyone consider hiring any one of these Uni students after they graduate who would do this?

Prof lets students choose own grades for 'stress reduction'

A University of Georgia professor has adopted a “stress reduction policy” that will allow students to select their own grades if they “feel unduly stressed” by the ones they earned.

Similarly, students who feel stressed by "group dynamics" are allowed to walk away from their groups without explanation, and will only be graded on "non-group work."

The professor acknowledges that "this policy might hinder the development of group skills and mastery of the class material," but says this is each student's own responsibility.

Prof lets students choose own grades for 'stress reduction'

Last Online
    @

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^ Better than being surrounded by cry-babies who shout a lot who don't even know what they are shouting about.

Last Online
    @
    ^ Better than being surrounded by cry-babies who shout a lot who don't even know what they are shouting about.
    How would you know wtf it's 'better' or 'worse' than, workstation boy?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819

Thread Information