Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Last Online
    15-04-2018 @ 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post

Anybody else remember that thread and have a link to it?

Yep, I'm pretty sure it was a PB house build Lu-Lu.

It was painful to witness just how bad it was by them using the dodgy contractors and the money the Guy lost by abandoning the Build.

A real shocker and the guy had no come back what so ever.

If I remember correctly he had to shut up about it or face the consequences of Thailand's libel laws. Maybe the thread was deleted Dunno.

Soon after that Steve guy started his massive build and luckily things turned out semi OK. He used PB house.

Typical story in this shit house using any chicken head.

It always will be a gamble whether they do a good job or totally fuk it up.

Hence I could never do a new build under these factors.

This guys build is coming along semi OK given the circumstances and size of the build.

It does amaze me though when the chicken heads cannot lay a tile straight when they supposedly do this work for a living. ????

Gota really wonder EH.
    ..so true mate...

i think i can remember it a bit, but could never read the entire thread,(if it was him)only part links to it or so..it was taken off...as you say.....read some stuff on the other site...dont know for sure,its been a while......when i was a lurker.....what would i know anyway....

it was a bit of a shocking story and the guy sounded desperate too...poor bloke...
    yeah i followed this big house too and thought...well i am with the same mob...

im for sure i did and do damage control as good as i can,while im almost always here.....that helps a lot and know stuff how they should be done proper and not dodgy Somchai way......
    im not going to much into details,otherwise its never gonna end......

it is a gamble to build a house here....its about the same as you would invest in small-micro cap stocks......
    dont invest more than you can afford to loose......and put a bloody stop loss in place......

and very important: DYOR - Do Your Own Research

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    ^

Only way to do anything in this shit house mate.

Just budget that the money you dump in may be shot down the shit-house and flushed away.

Play money in other words. Never can be too shocked if this is how it turns out.

Your house looks quite good though and I'm sure you will live happy ever after.

Good luck with it EH.

Last Online

by the 11.4.16

the roof construction is up.....

nice progress and well done......like their work and how its been done,honest...

anyway,its gonna be Songkran soon and no one will be here for a week or two....
    see what happens after that....

its good to have a bit of a rest,feel very tired.....my wife too...and there is still the little boy around,thxs to my parents in law to look after him while we are out there......

Last Online
    ^

Really great looking job.

Good stuff.

Last Online

...back to present 27.12.16

...been out to site today.....started with fitting powerpoints and light switches on the 1.floor....
    somchai is chipping off the tiles on the steps outside and gives it a new go.....doesnt take much to do it better......

the rest fits those frames around the guestroom,main entry and carpark.....
    full on....hasnt been so much action on site,the last few days, for a long time....

he started already,cut corners...told him no,no,no...he's lucky,that me and my wife were just there,otherwise .....do it again...i do not care how long it takes....do it right Somchai.....

me in action..

i dont use any junction boxes in the ceiling....those BTICINO boxes from Homepro are big enough to join some wires together.....
    those connection types,called "WAGO" are from switzerland,any size from 0.5-2.5

you strip the wire and push it in....there are 8 types too....

on the pic you can put 5 wires in....very good,fast and easy to take the wire out too..twist and pull.....

all the switches and powerpoints for the whole house are from "HAECO"
    ....yeah and my 3 electrical boards too....
    i had a look at different brands too.....i went for Haeco....bought all that stuff at"Home Expo" (BITEC) in BKK with discounts....and they sent all the stuff to our adress with no extra charge..
    im very happy dealing with them....

Last Online
    ^

I reckon the chicken heads can't quite believe how good your Electrical work is.

They would never have seen electrical work of such detail, and quality.

Last Online

electrical drawings-1.floor * Rev.1* site plans

maybe boring to some,maybe a lot of questions to others...i wont go into to much of details...

have a look if you want...if not....dont bother with it.....

the plans are kind of 1:100(original we got too,called blue prints.....)
    so different stuff on different pages..

...and i didnt have time to make a Rev.2 yet....the originals are chaos...so i worked with this plans all the time on site......

while looking at them,i forgot some stuff to add........mmhhh....so easy to forget things to add.....

power

multimedia....tv,PC,phone

various...

lights..conduits in ground...

lights...conduits in the ceiling.....

Last Online
    ^

I reckon the chicken heads can't quite believe how good your Electrical work is.

They would never have seen electrical work of such detail, and quality.
    thxs Terry

yeah i doubt it too....but they dont learn anything from it......thats the sad thing,or how can i say it.....
    i dont know...it wont sink into them..... fancy farang work.....

Last Online
    ^

There is no way in this world that Somchai the Electrician would of completed or even followed those drawing without fuking up.

At the very least you would be looking at broken conduits in your slab and broken wires.

Not to mention power points positioned in the wrong place.

Brilliant drawing by the way.

Last Online

electrical drawings*ground.floor * Rev.1 site plans

...and here is the rest of the bottom bit......

power...

...kind of multimedia stuff....

outdoor lights and motion sensors..

lights in the ground....

lights in the ceiling....

various...

stuff under the floor.....in the very real ground.....

and one more to come....in the very real ground....

well thats it...
    a bit more than the original drawings.....dont think Somchai would have any idea ....

Last Online
    ^

There is no way in this world that Somchai the Electrician would of completed or even followed those drawing without fuking up.

At the very least you would be looking at broken conduits in your slab and broken wires.

Not to mention power points positioned in the wrong place.

Brilliant drawing by the way.

thanks again Terry,im getting red in my face....lol...

to much for Somchai....thats for sure....

so im tired,gonna go to bed....catch u later and have a nice evening...or whats left of it....

cu mate....

Last Online
    ^

Somchai would of just packed up, went home and hit the lao kao.

I was laying conduit in a slab for a Hospital, a team of us into it and it had to be done by a certain date or the boss had to pay penalties.

So he instructed us to lay all the conduit " Orange " Plastic, not wire it but install draw wires and we could pull the cables through after the concrete poor.

We looked at each and had a bit of a laugh but he was the boss and we done what he said.

Concrete boys just went hard and broke around 50 % of the Conduit.

Cost the boss a fooking fortune for his stupid decision.

Last Online
    @
    What do the red and blue represent in these two drawings. showupman?
    Air conditioners red and power sockets blue?

Last Online
    ^

I don't want to answer for him but yes is the answer.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna
    Air conditioners red
    Think its some kind of "accessory" dedicated circuit on the top pic, possibly 20A?

lol I saw the conduit pics and I'm like "WTF is this asshole doing all complicated and overkill like that??"

Then saw schematics, and Im like "ah ok clearly I'm the asshole"

OP you work offshore? Looks like an industrial installation with bulkhead penetrations.
    Last edited by Slick; 27-12-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post

Anybody else remember that thread and have a link to it?

Yep, I'm pretty sure it was a PB house build Lu-Lu.

It was painful to witness just how bad it was by them using the dodgy contractors and the money the Guy lost by abandoning the Build.

A real shocker and the guy had no come back what so ever.

If I remember correctly he had to shut up about it or face the consequences of Thailand's libel laws. Maybe the thread was deleted Dunno.
    That would make sense. I tried to find it, but no trace of it. Was a hell of an eye opener.

Unfortunately TD lost another epic photo thread by BLD about working in the mines in Laos that had to be deleted because posting the truth could have gotten him sacked.... or a lot, lot worse.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-01-2022 @ 04:27 AM
    ^

Somchai would of just packed up, went home and hit the lao kao.

I was laying conduit in a slab for a Hospital, a team of us into it and it had to be done by a certain date or the boss had to pay penalties.

So he instructed us to lay all the conduit " Orange " Plastic, not wire it but install draw wires and we could pull the cables through after the concrete poor.

We looked at each and had a bit of a laugh but he was the boss and we done what he said.

Concrete boys just went hard and broke around 50 % of the Conduit.

Cost the boss a fooking fortune for his stupid decision.
    I thought running conduit without wire was common practice, conduit is usualy installed with a greater ID so wires and extra wires can be pulled through later with relative ease,that is a good thing about it, as for concrete'er damaging said conduit, if that could be proven then the concrete contacter should have been the one in deep shit,,, JMO

Last Online
    ^

Thinking back on it I was wrong with my info.

The job in Question was at a University extension, all hospital work we done was metal screwed conduit and PIRO.

Regards pulling the wires through after the conduit was laid using a draw wire it was always considered touch and go just in-case the concreters damaged the conduit or the draw wire broke.

Metal conduit was Ok but when using plastic it was a bit dodgy. Most of the big jobs i worked on the boss was on contract that the electrical install must be completed by a said date and every day after that he must pay penalty.

We made a lot of money working over time when the jobs got close to completion.

Regards the concreters being accountable for damage, Dunno, boss would need to take them to court i imagine and prove it. They could counter that the Conduit work was substandard so a hard one to prove.

The Job I'm referring to the boss lost big time. He under quoted and it was plagued by fuck ups, the real killer was all those broken conduits.

The boss was the owner of the business mind you, not the foreman.

He had limited knowledge of the actual working side of the business, he would come on site and tell his formans what to do, they hated him as he made the job harder.

Hence his fuck up by rushing that job and not letting us pre-wire.

Glad i never finished that Apprenticeship, never liked the work and once out of it i moved forward and got the Job I loved and worked my whole life in.

Funny how things pan out.

I remember when I dumped it at the end of year four my old man had a fuking heart attack.

Don't think he forgive me until I landed my proper job.

He was happy then.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-01-2022 @ 04:27 AM
    ^^ Understand. thanx for the reply

Last Online
    ^

I don't want to answer for him but yes is the answer.
    no worries,thanks anyway.....

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna
    Air conditioners red
    Think its some kind of "accessory" dedicated circuit on the top pic, possibly 20A?

lol I saw the conduit pics and I'm like "WTF is this asshole doing all complicated and overkill like that??"

Then saw schematics, and Im like "ah ok clearly I'm the asshole"

OP you work offshore? Looks like an industrial installation with bulkhead penetrations.
    no mate,i only worked onshore,a bit of to much water around offshore for me

bulkhead penetration???sorry dont get that,as english isnt my first language....

Last Online
    ^

He means your work is so Good that nothing can destroy it.

Even though Somchai may give it a go.

Last Online
    ^

Glad i never finished that Apprenticeship, never liked the work and once out of it i moved forward and got the Job I loved and worked my whole life in.

Funny how things pan out.

I remember when I dumped it at the end of year four my old man had a fuking heart attack.

Don't think he forgive me until I landed my proper job.

He was happy then.

good to hear that you found your job you love....

in CH-i had a really good boss,good team and good work....
    in AUS after i had my licence i left the house bashing shit....(we used to use white conduits and bent it with a spring,on slabs for2 storey houses or commercial premises....hated it....
    then the mine jobs were just for the money.......which i gave up for my family-
    to see my little boy more than only 1week every 4 weeks.....he grows so quick....and live isnt just work and money.....

Last Online
    ^

Electricians in Australia get paid very good money as you know, when the mining boom was on they pulled huge dollars doing fly in fly out.

Self employed boys in the city kill the pig .

Even the Spark working for the man does well.

I made some nice money on the side just doing simple house work, power points, fans lights and general stuff.

Easy work easy money.

Glad it was only done when I chose to do it though.

Don't think i could do that now though, Need to fill in a job form with ya license # I think. ??

That said, fuk crawling through roofs in Summer.

Last Online
    ... put a couple of more power-sockets and switches in on top floor....nearly finished...the smokies-(base) 2mrow and thats nearly it.move to the groundfloor....

the engineer came again,very unusual 3 times in a row now and i saw my wife talking with him outside....just before lunch....she then called me down to join them.....
    i knew what he wanted(the company),money...what else...the 6.payment is due......

well long story short,we pay,foreman comes back instead of the 7.1.17 on the 2.1. in the evening and gonna get-i dont know how many more people on the 6.1.17 from Korat.....
    finishing date inside,end of january 2017....outside i dont care that much.....would be a bonus for us if outside too...

we will see....but he knows we gonna go to AUS end of february for a couple of months.....wife and kid....
    mmh..its gonna be interesting if they finishing it off ....and rather how.....do they have to do a lot of fix ups again???

we wont be here for a while, a bit off,on,off...until almost end of january.....good friends from CH gonna come to thailand......

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread Information