View Single Post
Old 26-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
VocalNeal
Sukhumvet

VocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand Expat
VocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand ExpatVocalNeal Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick
Very shallow water supply maybe, but no kind of actual 'well'.

If you are using it to pull water from a water source then yeah that changes things, maybe, but in OPs case the pressure from the volume of water in his storage tank permanently negates any need for prime or to ever think about it.
Maximum suction head for the OP's pump is about 9 meters so yes a shallow well.

Yes the OP's installation has a water tank and yes he lives in a single storey house so he doesn't really need a check-valve spring but there was one supplied and the "contractor" had no real need to remove it. Without the spring there is a slight delay, enough to induce water hammer in a different installation.

One could argue that the force required to overcome the spring does detract from the pumps total output but not enough to worry about.

Last edited by VocalNeal : 26-12-2016 at 12:03 PM.
VocalNeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08176 seconds with 19 queries