Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Last Online
    15-04-2018 @ 03:07 PM

progress on the painting job,today 25.12.16

Santa Claus came this morning and brought a lot of presents for our boy.....he's happy.....

cant tell that from me and my wife

...just came back from site,where the foreman and his wife do the final paintings...

what a shocker,only done patches on the walls and ceiling,the walls and ceiling look like a big mess....still pencil drawings shining through from me(old fix ups i marked).
    at some places i could see only primer paint,dirt from hands,still scratches from plastering not fixed,drops from paint...etc etc....

we showed him,but he played stupid....every excuse he could bring up....
    on some places i run my hand through the wall and dust were on my hands.....yeah well painted yesterday....dont fool around with me......he still hasnt learned anything yet....

they want to get this payment asap. with cutting corners and cheating and lying to us....

my wife will ring up PD HOUSE in Korat tomorrow and tell to lift their game.....

did i expect anything better?? a clear NO

a shame that the cambodian lady who did start the painting is not here anymore.she has done a decent job....we were happy......

with what does that leaves me??

im gonna get even more pickier and fussier than now....closed my eyes,watched away on many occasions...

i can be a very unpleasant bloke if you f@#% around with me,lie to me like that.....

been in the construction business for almost 30 years......

so enough.......

thats what they call finished....its outside-main entry.....it looks good comparing to how they do the paintings inside......patch up work a la Foreman....

Last Online
    25-08-2019 @ 07:50 PM
    Yes mate, you've gotta stay on top of it! I hope it all get's fixed to your satisfaction. When I built my house in Isaan I was in Aus and some of the stuff ups I found in pics from line were just bloody annoying. See my thread martys house in the sticks. Wrong tiles in bathroom and all the usual.
    Merry Xmas

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by FatOne View Post
    Yes mate, you've gotta stay on top of it! I hope it all get's fixed to your satisfaction. When I built my house in Isaan I was in Aus and some of the stuff ups I found in pics from line were just bloody annoying. See my thread martys house in the sticks. Wrong tiles in bathroom and all the usual.
    Merry Xmas

thxs mate....merry x-mas to you too....i'll have a look later......

i know the Dunstan boys from wangaratta-VIC,horizontal drilling ,trenching etc.....

it would have been a complete f*&^up of building if i would not have been here on site,almost all of the time,daily.......

keep you guys updated.....

Last Online

....back to the past....start of the poles.....4.3.16

...poles installed to the foundation.......

after 2 days it looked like this....

and some safety issues......are they???.....maybe not......no,its safe work practice here,.....do you understand FARANG.........

finally found out how to load up proper sized pics.......took me a while....

Last Online

25tonne crane arriving at 9.00am -10.3.16-

...the lego system starts,put pieces in place.......

1. lift
    OUR WHOLE CREW HERE:
    FOREMAN-blue shirt(Thai),the other 5 are our workers from Cambodia

1.top lift

5pm the same day....very impressed....what was done today.

Last Online

welding and grouting the joints with LANKO -11.3.16-

doesnt need any comments here...

btw... no saftey issues spotted today

Last Online

Finally the sparky comes to site,about bloody time -mid March-

...with the newly electrical drawings i just finished ,i went to site and put some conduits in.
    mainly only power which is gonna save me later a lot of time and sweat chasing the walls from the ceiling down..
    -Mainfeed from meter (3 phase-25sqm Cu)
    -hotplate
    -oven
    -dishwasher
    -washingmachine
    -tumbler
    -aircons
    -links between shed and mainboard
    -spare conduit for front gate,backyard,wellpump,genset(backup)
    outdoor lights... etc etc

im using a lot of flexible conduits,its so easy to work with,
    the yellow stuff for outside most where its gonna be dug in the ground for mechanical protection.

the flex i bought in global,buy the SCG stuff (white or yellow)not the cheaper vietnamese product..its crap,you can squeeze it with your hands......

i would buy the SCG stuff again,without any doubt..and its fire resistant...

here is the sparky at work,or pretend to do some work.....

Last Online

original electrical plans....

here are the plans which PD HOUSE provided.....
    you can add as much as you like.......yeah mate thxs a lot.......with a huge price tag on top of it......

do we live in the 21.century or back in the 1950's??? im confused......

one 2way switch in the entire house.......looks as this is the big challenge ....

thats what they call "smart series"

Last Online

termite protection and concrete pads are coming -19.3.16-

they put in the termite protection system,a reticulation system with sprinkler under the floor....
    and on top they crane in the little concrete pads for the ground floor.....

no safety breach today....

we gonna pour the concrete on monday,around lunch......the foreman said.......hang on,i said im gonna put in more conduits tomorrow then...what more??.....yeah a lot more......why didnt you tell me before,i told you to let me know a bit in advance.......

i guess 1 day was enough for him.......

looks as we gonna have a busy day tomorrow.....

Last Online

the next day......

put in more conduits for GPO's(powerpoints) and lightings(switches)tv/pc/telefon
    with the help of my lovely wife(couldnt do it in one day without her)
    i had to mark out where the walls gonna be too......

what a day that was....full on....

Last Online

conctrete pouring -21.3.16-

a bit of prep.work before the concrete truck comes

and here she comes...the concrete truck......

we better check it and be there and remain them not jump to much on my conduits.....and ive got a big help there,he's switched on.....

and all done.......

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    ^

Mate,

I done 4 years as an apprentice Electrician but dumped it before qualifying.

My time was spread between house hold installation, and big jobs like Hospital extensions and anything in-between.

The Chicken-Heads would of been laughing at your brilliant conduit work.

They have no idea what proper work is.
    Last edited by terry57; 25-12-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Last Online

revisit of the 25t crane for the upper floor 23.3.16-28.3.16

here we go again,almost the same stuff again for the upper floor

they've done their JHA and take5 before the task...i checked it.....and all safety gear in place....no worries mate.....ohh they say: mai pen rai krap

our steps to the upper floor

our dunny floor upstairs....

a couple of conduits here too,of course...cant live without them up here....he he..

and the 2.floor concrete pour is done....what a beauty......

Last Online

back to present day....25.12.16

....when i talked about the current painting job,i took some pics over lunch...

even a blind person could see this proper executed paint job???.....
    my eyes are still good(thxs for that)......

what are you guys think about it??

a typical Somchai job in my honest opinion......

its the living-dining-kitchen area....but the ceilings of the sleeping rooms doesnt look much better...but i couldnt catch a good picture...its only a small pocket camera....

..no comment.....

Last Online
    @
    Don't get too stressed over it. Paint and painters are cheap. If a bodgy paint job is the worst thing that happens, count yer blessings mate. Us farangi do get caught up expecting to get what we pay for. Sometimes it's easier to just shrug yer shoulders, accept it and get on with it yourself. No biggie.

One poster about 6 or 7 years ago lost about 1/2 million baht on a house, paid the initial payment to a big renowned company - they then broke the contract by subbing it out to a local crew of somchais. The contract was broken again by using a shitty type of cement, he showed up out of the blue and caught them. By the time they got to the pilings the whole thing was ruined and couldn't be salvaged, it started falling apart - some dodgy bodge up attempts were made that were laughable. Whole project had to be abandoned and he lost the lot.

Don't stress about the paint if everything else is okay mate.

Thanks for the great thread. Good luck with it all.
    Last edited by Luigi; 26-12-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Last Online
    @
    Anybody else remember that thread and have a link to it?

Thanks.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Don't get too stressed over it. Paint and painters are cheap. If a bodgy paint job is the worst thing that happens, count yer blessings mate. Us farangi do get caught up expecting to get what we pay for. Sometimes it's easier to just shrug yer shoulders, accept it and get on with it yourself. No biggie.

One poster about 6 or 7 years ago lost about 1/2 million baht on a house, paid the initial payment to a big renowned company - they then broke the contract by subbing it out to a local crew of somchais. The contract was broken again by using a shitty type of cement, he showed up out of the blue and caught them. By the time they got to the pilings the whole thing was ruined and couldn't be salvaged, it started falling apart - some dodgy bodge up attempts were made that were laughable. Whole project had to be abandoned and he lost the lot.

Don't stress about the paint if everything else is okay mate.

Thanks for the great thread. Good luck with it all.

thxs Luigi for the heads up,you are right its not worth it......but it never stops...with the minor things.....

btw, my wife rung up head office in korat this morning.the lady in the office said the engineer is about half an hour away.

i respect him,he knows his stuff well.
    unfortunately he is so busy with having about 10 or more houses under him and ours is a small one and about 1.5hours out of korat....so he cant come over all the time,which is not necessary,im there anyway.......

what came out of the meeting with him???

-all the paintings gonna be redone just before the end,complete,not only patches
    -we agreed but not painted by the Foreman....
    -all the leftovers(from previous payments) to be finished before 6.payment get payed(they want the money desperately in the old year)im not sure if they get it.....
    still a lot to do.....
    -talked about the solar water heater which is gonna go on the roof(its in the contract) i think they need the money for that..........
    i can put the powerpoints and switches on,without cover...YEAH something to do
    -redo the steps on the side and in the back
    -tiles in the bathroom
    -chip out concrete for the sink(to small hole)i told Foreman but he didnt believe me...said he knows what he's doing and done many before......YEAH RIGHT MATE
    i can see it....
    -primer paintings on various places
    -this frame thing around main entry,guest-room window and main entry door
    -a bit of concrete at the front steps and in the back steps
    -fascia board around carpark on the side needs paint

and now some pics to it......

you may see the lines iv done....perfect lineup of the tiles...

thats in the back.....another perfect job

a bit of a close up on the side to the dining room.....all of them are just about like this one......
    Yeah you can smash it,but dont fuck it.....mmhh.....change it......

(i dont have to pay for any extra tiles,they fuck it up,they pay-thxs for that one)

and 3sinks to chip off the concrete......

plenty of work....im amused to see the Foreman work that hard....ive got the feeling that he never worked so hard....and so much in a row.....already a couple of days.....

has only his wife there who does the painting and 1 of our Cambodian friends.....

i still like his phrase early october when the Foreman left with the crew and said:

.THERE IS NOT MUCH WORK LEFT HERE... YEAH

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    ^

Mate,

I done 4 years as an apprentice Electrician but dumped it before qualifying.

My time was spread between house hold installation, and big jobs like Hospital extensions and anything in-between.

The Chicken-Heads would of been laughing at your brilliant conduit work.

They have no idea what proper work is.
    sorry to hear that so close before......
    ive done work from house bashing to heavy industrial work.....

i had to do TAFE in perth for half a year to get the WA electrical licence,theory and practice back in 2007.they didnt accept my trade certificate from switzerland...
    i guess its only a certificate not a licence......who knows.....

yeah they were laughing what this farang does with that many conduits....thanks mate.....

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by showupman View Post

In electrical terms, what does '25sqm Cu' mean?

For a domestic house, why the 3 phase connection?

Overkill?

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by showupman View Post

In electrical terms, what does '25sqm Cu' mean?

For a domestic house, why the 3 phase connection?

Overkill?

gday mate

that is my mistake.....i mean with that: 25square millimeter of copper ,single insulated wire,black insulation -BKK CABLE-
    -(25mm2-Cu) not this mixed up with copper,cheap silvery shit.
    conductivity of pure copper is much better

what im gonna have in the house is:

-an induction hotplate(4 areas) 30A
    -oven 13A
    -dishwasher 10A
    -washing machine 10A
    -microwave 10A
    -a couple of aircons 4 for sure...etc....dont have all the ratings in my head

...we have a 3 phase power line just across the road....so why not....

in switzerland,its common that you have 3phase power supply in domestic.it splits it up between 3phases and doesnt suck all the power from 1phase.....balanced load

overkill???....myself,i dont think so.........

on post 55 you can see where we gonna have the power from......(pic with crane on the road)
    i hope it answered your question....

Last Online

back to the past --end of march 2016--

....and the dunny downstairs has to be done as well,concreting....and some steps outside....the 2steps he has to change the tiles.......

...so what do we waiting for now???

Last Online

Q-con bricks are coming --30.3.16--

....the bricks are coming,Q-con-lightweight bricks 60cm long,20cm high,10cm thick,3000 pieces on 2 trucks and a couple long ones with rio bars in it,support beams for the windows and doors......

10cm standard in contract-smart series-

worth having the 10cm bricks instead of 7.5cm and to put the electrical boxes in ,you havent got the backside of the box nearly sticking out on the other side....

Last Online

Between 2.4.and 4.4.16

...so lets start with the brick-laying and chasing walls,put electrical boxes in and lay more conduits

hey,it is full on....no mack around here....full steam ahead.....

the only link between main electrical board on the ground floor and the 1.floor sub board...
    6*32mm - 3 for power-3 for low voltage stuff(tv,phone,PC)

thanks to my lovely wife,she helped me every day during this part of the built,put in all the boxes after i made the holes for it and closed up the walls i chased and put a net over it....

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post

Anybody else remember that thread and have a link to it?

Yep, I'm pretty sure it was a PB house build Lu-Lu.

It was painful to witness just how bad it was by them using the dodgy contractors and the money the Guy lost by abandoning the Build.

A real shocker and the guy had no come back what so ever.

If I remember correctly he had to shut up about it or face the consequences of Thailand's libel laws. Maybe the thread was deleted Dunno.

Soon after that Steve guy started his massive build and luckily things turned out semi OK. He used PB house.

Typical story in this shit house using any chicken head.

It always will be a gamble whether they do a good job or totally fuk it up.

Hence I could never do a new build under these factors.

This guys build is coming along semi OK given the circumstances and size of the build.

It does amaze me though when the chicken heads cannot lay a tile straight when they supposedly do this work for a living. ????

Gota really wonder EH.

Last Online

6.4. and 7.4.16

..the guys from SCG are coming and do the roof construction...
    ''ROOF TRUSS by SCG"

it is fairly common this system in north western of australia due to termites....
    (Karratha,Port Hedland,Broome,Kununurra-and dont forget Fitzroy Crossing,Halls Creek and Turkey Creek-now Warmun,thats where iv seen it)

the termites dont like to eat that stuff,they loose their teeth....

ive seen this system in perth too,but timber roofs are more common....

and i was shocked how they worked....thats not normal here......something is clearly wrong with it......

i meant this guy before,wearing a harness and hooked up to a safety rope,layn yard or so its called(wrong spelling i know)

that remains me again@work in the last job in a newly built mine....wear a harness and hookup all the time,no matter if it was only 3 metres above ground and sit in a big transformer box.......

the boys are assembling the stuff in the back

and the next day,its gonna go up to the top....

and screw all this stuff together with TEX-screws

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread Information