Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Rodrigo Duterte

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^So does the VP move up in that case? And, if so, who becomes the new VP? And please don't say that fag BongBong.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^yes, the VP is supposed to step up if the prez dies. It's in the constitution. Just like when Magsaysay died, his VP took over. I think it was Carlos P. Garcia, if I remember my history correctly.

The rumours say that the powers-that-be are paving the way for Bongbong. The PTB are against Leni Robredo. She's already been told to f*** off from cabinet meetings (last wk or 2 wks ago?). Then if Leni steps up, they'll deem that her win was unconstitutional bcos her party cheated (dagdag-bawas), then it'll be the Marcoses again. Just rumours, mind you...

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^It's never dull.......

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^Accdg to the Dept of Tourism: It's more fun in the Phils...

If Martial Law happens again, there might be more nude protest runs. I'd better shape up!

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23
    The PTB are against Leni Robredo.

Where can 'we' send campaign donations?

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    29-04-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SKkin View Post
    The PTB are against Leni Robredo.

Where can 'we' send campaign donations?
    damn I wouldn't kick her out of bed if she farted, that's a full sized dolly right there. I think I'm in loorve

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^she's the current VP. Diff pol'l party frm Du30, same party as the prev prez (Aquino). Her husband served in Noynoy Aquino's cabinet, and was known to be a good & honest leader. Bcos of those traits, he died in suspicious circumstances - helicopter crash while visiting the provinces. His widow, Leni, ran for congresswoman (or mayor?) a few yrs later & won. She became the running mate of Mar Roxas in this year's presidential elections. Roxas lost to Duterte, but Leni won over Bongbong Marcos by a slight margin. At one point in the counting, Bongbong had the lead.

From reports, Leni is a good & honest woman & politician. She's a relative newbie in politics. The Du30 gov't doesn't like her bcos she's not frm their posse. She's been told to NOT attend cabinet meetings, 2 wks ago I think.

BLD - yes, she's a good looking woman. Carries herself well. She's a widow, so you can ask her out. But I don't think your mrs would approve. Heh.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    From reports, Leni is a good & honest woman & politician
    She should be advised to avoid helicopter rides.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^accdg to rumours, her husband found out something & was going to expose it when he got back to Manila frm the province. Unfortunately (or fortunately for some), there was a helicopter crash.... all rumours, ya know...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    ^It's never dull.......

Wish you the best personally, and hope that whatever anti-American feelings or rhetoric Duterte is inspiring are not causing any problems or concerns for you and your family.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    ^It's never dull.......

Wish you the best personally, and hope that whatever anti-American feelings or rhetoric Duterte is inspiring are not causing any problems or concerns for you and your family.
    Cheers and Happy Holidays. All of his blustering is actually stirring up little other than anti-Duterte feelings. His approval rating that was in the mid-90's is now at 77 and dropping daily. Thus far his attacks on the US, EU, UN, church, etc have resulted in a huge amount of blustering, but virtually no concrete action.

Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 10:27 AM
    My wife and her family still like Duerte A LOT. They are willing to give plenty of time for him to do his magic. Consider how little was done by other Presidents and parties Duerte has plenty of time. If he kicks out U.S. military so be it. Both sides will have to deal with it and come up with something new.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    Ah yes, because they haven't managed to prosecute some, they are useless.
    Well, you're still around

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    What exactly are you insinuating?

Do you even know?

Last Online
    @
    Sounds like the pillock really doesn't want off the US tit to me.

Fuming over perceived U.S. slight, Duterte says he will set aside South China Sea ruling against Beijing | The Japan Times

"Earlier Saturday, Duterte threatened to terminate a pact that allows U.S. troops to visit, saying, “Bye-bye, America” as he reacted with rage to what he thought was a U.S. decision to scrap a major aid package over human rights concerns.

U.S. government aid agency, the Millennium Challenge Corp., said Thursday that its board had deferred a vote on a renewal of the development assistance package for the Philippines “subject to a further review of concerns around rule of law and civil liberties.”

The U.S. agency has not yet voted to either scrap or approve the aid package, but Duterte unleashed a barrage of expletives-laden tirade upon his arrival in his southern hometown in Davao after back-to-back visits to Cambodia and Singapore.

“I understand that we have been stricken out of the Millennium Challenge. Well, good, I welcome it,” Duterte said with apparent sarcasm.

“We can survive without American money,” he said. “But you know, America, you might also be put to notice. Prepare to leave the Philippines, prepare for the eventual repeal or the abrogation of the Visiting Forces Agreement,” he said, referring to a 1998 accord that governs American forces visiting the Philippines for joint combat exercises.

“You know, tit for tat. … If you can do this, so (can) we. It ain’t a one-way traffic,” Duterte said, adding, “Bye-bye, America.”

Open link to read entire article.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-03-2020 @ 08:28 AM
    Chief of Police, DelaRosa announced that he was due a Bonus for end of year, something like 100K to 400K (2'000 to 8'000Usd).

Du30 was not happy that his chap announced this and changed the deal to a Caban as bonus ! (sack of 50kg rice)

I think it is to all Generals or high ranked.
    Monday,Tuesday, then it goes WTF !

Last Online
    If that story is true, I love to see the article. I love it when a big Filipino get slammed

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^Google "Did Bato Lose Bonus?" It's there.

Last Online
    ^Google "Did Bato Lose Bonus?" It's there.
    Thank you.

PhilStar had a nice article about it.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Bato in a Santa hat was a nice touch.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Propaganda...

Last Online
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    ^
    Has he a record of saying things he achieves or that he fails at? If the former it's the truth, the later propaganda.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Fire in the hole...

Last Online
    @
    Duterte named ‘Person of the Year’ by Chinese magazine

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has been named “Person of the Year” by a Chinese magazine, Malacaņang announced on Tuesday.

Presidential spokesman Ernesto Abella said Yazhou Zhoukan, “the Time magazine of the Chinese-speaking world,” gave the honor to Duterte following the Filipino leader’s “announcement of an independent foreign policy that consists of his distancing away from the US and forging closer ties with China.”

“The article also praises Duterte’s program of good governance and anti-corruption campaign as a reason for his popularity among the Filipinos,” Abella told reporters.

Yazhou Zhoukan, he noted, is the world’s only Chinese language international affairs magazine, circulated in major markets including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia.

The weekly magazine is owned by the Malaysia-based Media Chinese International Ltd., which is listed on the Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur stock exchanges.

Since taking power on June 30, 3016, Duterte has made headlines for declaring a “military and economic separation” from the US and hitting hard on Washington and United Nations officials critical of his bloody war on drugs.

To pursue a more independent foreign policy, Duterte is seeking closer ties with US rivals China and Russia through economic and arms deals.

Duterte named ?Person of the Year? by Chinese magazine - The Manila Times Online

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    ^ Must be the equivalent of Mad magazine...

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information