View Single Post
Old 21-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bogon
Can I still change this?

Bogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand Expat
Bogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand ExpatBogon Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by david44
Good let us know how you get on please. Esp transport options, digs in Laos, it was a crummy place I hear. Is there secure parking Thai side of the bridge to avod the hassle of importing a thai car for 2 days
Done it last month

Covered parking on the left just before the border. 250 baht per day.

Buy a bus ticket for 50 baht (on the left before you stamp yourself out).
Stamp passport out and go round the back and wait for bus.
Jump on bus and head to Laos side.
Jump off bus and go to the left where you see a Visa on arrival kiosk. Fill out arrival card, hand the nice chap a photo and 1500 Baht. Ignore where people are handing in their passports to stamp into Laos because the POA kiosk does it for you.
Jump back on bus and get dropped off at bus station (keep looking out the window on the right and you will see the Thai consulate).
Loads of Tuk Tuks at the bus station. Give hotel name (I stayed the Hoong Thip, in the new wing) and pay the good man 100 baht and when dropped off tell him to pick you up the next day at 8;45am.
Knock about bored till the next day and get in your prearranged tuk tuk to the consulate.
At consulate hand in paperwork and original marriage certs with 2 photos and 5k baht. Return to hotel and get pissed until 2pm next day.
Make a deal with the tuk tuk to take you to the consulate, wait for you and then drop you off at the border (200 baht).
Then do everything you done at the start in reverse to get back to the car.

Bogon tip #462, 463 and 464

Print off and complete all of your application/visa shit before you go and take a pen because the bus doesn't wait for you an you might have another half hour to kill till the next one.

Lots of people stay at the Avalon, but it's too far to walk from there to restaurants bars of interest.

The old wing of the Hoong Thip, which is across the road from the new wing, has a disco (in the loosest possible terms) with ladies that might be happy to sit with you for a small fee.

Last edited by Bogon : 21-10-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Bogon is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08442 seconds with 19 queries