Page 140 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4090130132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4103
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post

The whole thing was deliberate
    Yes, it was. But the pilot's brain was not functioning properly due to hypoxia.
    You've basically ignored everything I posted.

Are you suffering from hypoxia yourself?

Look up any decompression incident involving commercial airlines where it did not actually disable the aircraft.

That excludes slow leaks like Helios Air and Payne Stewarts Learjet (where they passed out and the plane flew -straight on - on autopilot).

You're just talking rubbish now.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post

..the Flight crew have an independent oxygen supply of 15 minutes and the *first* action in the event of a decompression event is rapid descent to a lower altitude (10,000 feet or lower) and notifying ATC.

It never got below 29,500 feet before it was last seen over the Andaman.
    Where did you get that info from?

Other reports say that after ascending to 43,000 ft, remaining there for some time, MH370 took about two minutes to turn to the south-west, and descended to 12,000 ft as it flew over Malaysia.
    Well post one then.

OK.

"Military radar tracking shows that the aircraft changed altitude after making a sharp turn over the South China Sea as it headed toward the Strait of Malacca, a source close to the investigation into the missing flight told CNN. The plane flew as low as 12,000 feet at some point before it disappeared from radar, according to the source.

The sharp turn seemed to be intentional, the source said, because executing it would have taken the Boeing 777 two minutes-- a time period during which the pilot or co-pilot could have sent an emergency signal if there had been a fire or other emergency onboard.

Authorities say the plane didn't send any emergency signals, though some analysts say it's still unclear whether the pilots tried but weren't able to communicate because of a catastrophic failure.

The official, who is not authorized to speak to the media, told CNN that the area the plane flew in after the turn is a heavily trafficked air corridor and that flying at 12,000 feet would have kept the jet well out of the way of that traffic."

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 dropped in altitude after sharp turn - CNN.com

god
    Last Online
    @
    Passengers and crew are feared to have suffocated when oxygen levels ran out as it spent 23 minutes at up to 45,000ft.
    The jet was tracked by military radar flying at between 43,000ft and 45,000ft shortly after the last communication from the cockpit.

Read more: Expert says pilot took Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 to 43,000ft and caused oxygen to run out | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-06-2020 @ 09:33 PM
    Most if not all the alleged radar reports from the Malaysians were not true, face saving because Thai radar picked up an unidentified plane.

Malaysia has not told the world the truth and covered up little things like the 2013 civial aviation report on Malaysian air.
    They were not monitoring long haul flights regularly, to save money on satilite time.
    Plane should have reported in every 30 minutes, by the regulations, yet they only knew something was wrong when the Chinese reported the flight had no entered their airspace.

Last Online
    @

..the Flight crew have an independent oxygen supply of 15 minutes and the *first* action in the event of a decompression event is rapid descent to a lower altitude (10,000 feet or lower) and notifying ATC.

It never got below 29,500 feet before it was last seen over the Andaman.
    Where did you get that info from?

Other reports say that after ascending to 43,000 ft, remaining there for some time, MH370 took about two minutes to turn to the south-west, and descended to 12,000 ft as it flew over Malaysia.
    Well post one then.

OK.

"Military radar tracking shows that the aircraft changed altitude after making a sharp turn over the South China Sea as it headed toward the Strait of Malacca, a source close to the investigation into the missing flight told CNN. The plane flew as low as 12,000 feet at some point before it disappeared from radar, according to the source.

The sharp turn seemed to be intentional, the source said, because executing it would have taken the Boeing 777 two minutes-- a time period during which the pilot or co-pilot could have sent an emergency signal if there had been a fire or other emergency onboard.

Authorities say the plane didn't send any emergency signals, though some analysts say it's still unclear whether the pilots tried but weren't able to communicate because of a catastrophic failure.

The official, who is not authorized to speak to the media, told CNN that the area the plane flew in after the turn is a heavily trafficked air corridor and that flying at 12,000 feet would have kept the jet well out of the way of that traffic."

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 dropped in altitude after sharp turn - CNN.com
    Well the official report makes no mention of that, and it has no source.

I'm not sure where they got their info from about traffic either.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    14-12-2023 @ 11:54 AM
    To me, this suggests hypoxia :

The crew was expected to contact air traffic control in Ho Chi Minh City as the aircraft passed into Vietnamese airspace, just north of the point where contact was lost. The captain of another aircraft attempted to reach the crew of Flight 370 "just after 01:30 using the international distress frequency to relay Vietnamese air traffic control's request for the crew to contact them; the captain said he was able to establish contact, but only heard "mumbling" and static. Calls made to Flight 370's cockpit at 02:39 and 07:13 were unanswered but acknowledged by the aircraft's satellite data unit.

An analysis by the ATSB comparing the evidence available for Flight 370 with three categories of accidents—an in-flight upset (e.g., stall), a glide event (e.g., engine failure, fuel exhaustion), and an unresponsive crew or hypoxia event—concluded that an unresponsive crew or hypoxia event "best fit the available evidence" for the five-hour period of the flight as it travelled south over the Indian Ocean without communication or significant deviations in its track, likely on autopilot.
    No consensus exists among investigators on the unresponsive crew or hypoxia theory.

(From Wikipedia)
    Last edited by Latindancer; 18-10-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Last Online
    @
    To me, this suggests hypoxia :

The crew was expected to contact air traffic control in Ho Chi Minh City as the aircraft passed into Vietnamese airspace, just north of the point where contact was lost. The captain of another aircraft attempted to reach the crew of Flight 370 "just after 01:30 using the international distress frequency to relay Vietnamese air traffic control's request for the crew to contact them; the captain said he was able to establish contact, but only heard "mumbling" and static. Calls made to Flight 370's cockpit at 02:39 and 07:13 were unanswered but acknowledged by the aircraft's satellite data unit.

An analysis by the ATSB comparing the evidence available for Flight 370 with three categories of accidents—an in-flight upset (e.g., stall), a glide event (e.g., engine failure, fuel exhaustion), and an unresponsive crew or hypoxia event—concluded that an unresponsive crew or hypoxia event "best fit the available evidence" for the five-hour period of the flight as it travelled south over the Indian Ocean without communication or significant deviations in its track, likely on autopilot.
    No consensus exists among investigators on the unresponsive crew or hypoxia theory.

(From Wikipedia)
    I think you'll find the ATSB consider this plane to have been deliberately flown to its demise, not elaborately guided by some woozy pilot.

Which explains why the evidence gathered so far suggests a low speed, controlled flight into the sea, which you seem to be avoiding like the plague.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    I wonder then why the captain of the other aircraft said he was able to establish contact ?

And what was it that he interpreted as mumbling ?

god
    Last Online
    @
    (a)I wonder then why the captain of the other aircraft said he was able to establish contact ?

(b)And what was it that he interpreted as mumbling ?
    a) Probably because he did.

b)Probably mumbling.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    And what might cause a captain to mumble on the radio ? Wouldn't be hypoxia by any remote chance, would It ?

god
    Last Online
    @
    And what might cause a captain to mumble on the radio ?
    A sandwich?

Last Online
    @
    I wonder then why the captain of the other aircraft said he was able to establish contact ?

And what was it that he interpreted as mumbling ?
    Has this "unnamed source" even been corroborated?

As far as I can see it was never followed up on, which leads me to believe it's as credible as Post #4 in this thread.

And even if it were true, there is no explanation of how this supposed witness knew who he was talking to.

You're just trying to find specious arguments to fit an absurd narrative.

Last Online
    @
    Sydney — Investigators will deploy an underwater vehicle to take a closer look at objects found during a sonar survey of the southern Indian Ocean in the hunt for MH370, Australia said on Wednesday, as it extended the search into next year.

Malaysia Airlines MH370, a Boeing 777, disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 2014 carrying 239 passengers and crew.

Despite an extensive underwater search far off Western Australia’s coast where investigators believe the plane crashed, no trace has been found there, although objects not linked to it such as shipping containers have been discovered.

Investigators have confirmed that three pieces of debris recovered along western Indian Ocean shorelines belong to MH370.

Other so-called sonar contacts found in the investigation did not "exhibit the characteristics of a typical aircraft debris field" but some had "manmade properties" and needed to be eliminated as from MH370, the government agency leading the search, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), said in a statement.

"The ROV (remotely operated vehicle from Chinese ship Dong Hai Jiu 101) will be tasked to reacquire and investigate, through video imaging, a range of sonar contacts which have been identified during previous deep tow operations," the bureau said.

"Winter weather conditions have, until now, prevented the safe deployment of the ROV, but now sea states are improving."

The bureau added that poor weather conditions during the June-August southern hemisphere winter meant the projected completion date for the hunt had been pushed back from December to January-February next year.

More than 110,000km² of the 120,000km² search area have been scoured so far.

The governments of Australia, Malaysia and China, where most of the passengers were from, had agreed to pull the plug once the search area was fully scoured unless "credible new information" emerged.

AFP

Underwater vehicle to take a closer look at objects found in search for MH370

I'm in Jail

Last Online

Has this "unnamed source" even been corroborated?

As far as I can see it was never followed up on, which leads me to believe it's as credible as Post #4 in this thread.

And even if it were true, there is no explanation of how this supposed witness knew who he was talking to.

You're just trying to find specious arguments to fit an absurd narrative.
    I can't tell you if the source has been corroborated, but I'd like to find out.

Not trying to find specious arguments, but I'm open to theories based on evidence, and some reports said this was evidence.

Last Online
    @
    some reports said this was evidence.
    FFS. Can you hear yourself?

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Well, we are rather removed from the reality of it all here on TD CSI....

Last Online
    @
    Well, we are rather removed from the reality of it all here on TD CSI....
    You may be.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Today, at least, I have other things on my mind. One of my nightmares came real :

https://teakdoor.com/famous-threads/1...ml#post3377908 (Daily Moan)

god
    Last Online
    @
    Small wonder.

Last Online
    @
    Flight MH370 Update: Vessel Rejoins Search For Missing Plane, But 'Poor' Weather Could Impact Drone Launch
    BY JULIA GLUM @SUPERJULIA ON 10/26/16 AT 4:48 PM

The Dong Hai Jiu 101 is back in action. The vessel, which is one of two searching for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in the Indian Ocean, ended its months-long break from the hunt this week. It also returned with some new equipment, according to an operational update released Wednesday by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.

The Dong Hai Jiu 101 finally left port on Oct. 20 after being delayed for months by bad weather. By Monday, it was back in the search area with a remotely operated vehicle on board. The ROV, or drone, will allow the ship to re-examine locations that need more thorough analysis.

Meanwhile, the other ship — the Fugro Equator — briefly visited the Australian Marine Complex in Henderson to get refitted with an underwater robot that will rejoin the search, according to the update. The Hugin 4500 Autonomous Underwater Vehicle was used earlier this year to check the ocean floor for wreckage. The robot and the Fugro Equator were undergoing testing as of Monday.

However, the update wasn't all good news. The weather was forecast to be "marginal" to "poor" this week.

"These conditions may impact the progress of the search operations, as the ROV requires frequent launching and recovery — operations which call for suitable conditions," the bureau wrote.

MH370 disappeared in March 2014 with 239 people on board. Authorities believe the Boeing 777, which was traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, crashed in the Indian Ocean, but an exhaustive search of the sea floor has turned up few results.

Investigators are scheduled to finish checking a predetermined, 120,000-square-kilometer area for debris by February. If no new evidence as to where the plane is has been found by then, the search will be suspended. After that point, "should credible new information emerge that can be used to identify the specific location of the aircraft, consideration will be given to determining next steps," the bureau wrote.

Flight MH370 Update: Vessel Rejoins Search For Missing Plane, But 'Poor' Weather Could Impact Drone Launch

god
    Last Online
    @
    Wreckage analysis suggests Flight MH370 did not make a controlled descent into the Indian Ocean, says a new report.
    The Boeing 777 disappeared while flying to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur with 239 people on board in March 2014.
    The report f suggests the aircraft's wing flaps were in a "cruise" position when it hit the ocean surface.
    It casts further doubt on the theory supported by some analysts that someone was in control of the plane's descent.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37843752

Read all about it here;
    ATSB Transport Safety Report Final Investigation MH370 – Search and debris examination update

http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/5771773...e_2nov2016.pdf
    Last edited by ENT; 02-11-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Last Online
    @
    I read that.

But of course until they find any wreckage that is consistent with that theory, it's just that, a theory.

They must have an old 777 laying around somewhere that they can ditch under controlled conditions.

god
    Last Online
    @
    The damage to the flaperon and wing flap aren't consistent with their theory.

A dive into the ocean, flaps up would have resulted in far more damage to the wings than shown so far.

A large part of the wing flap's shattered trailing edge is missing after impacting (presumably) with the sea, yet further forward of that edge is relatively undamaged, after impact.

It's also difficult to see how the flaperon could be easily ripped off the wing frame if it were deployed up, in the 'cruise' position.

Last Online
    04-11-2016 @ 08:25 PM
    It's incredible!! The Big Airplane with high technology missed without the clue.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    15-11-2020 @ 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thailandnomads
    It's incredible!! The Big Airplane with high technology missed without the clue.
    And welcome to Teakdoor. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Page 140 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4090130132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148150 ... LastLast

Thread Information