View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #41 (permalink)
jonnyenglish

jonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailandjonnyenglish has much to be proud of in Thailand
Whilst all this pond building stuff was going on, we got the chap with the digger back to excavate a well, after all we need as many water sources as we can get in Wadi Baanpong..

Now then, for ease of use, I wanted the well to be sunk near-ish to the house/workshop, that way I could also use it if needs be to top up the pond during the dry season.

Whilst this seemed like a grand idea to me, there was much chattering and deliberation amongst my missus, Nong the digger and a couple of the chaps on the concrete gang...the discussion must have gone on for about an hour, when I stepped in and enquired as to what the hell they were talking about.

It turns out that there was already a well sited on the land but it had been covered up ages ago, and it was explained that it is very bad juju to be sinking a well on land that already has one and that one isn't in use.

It took me about 5 seconds to agree just to uncover the existing well, just to end this continuous conversation before we all expired from heat and lack of Som Tam Laos .

OK, so digging starts in the point furthest away from the pond and house, right next to the gate/entrance to the land as it turns out, OK whatever.

About a metre down we hit rock, very large boulders from the nearby hill to be exact, 1000-2500 KG's in size. I'm thinking this isn't a well, but perhaps a seasonal spring.. handy harry!

Issue now is we need to remove the large rocks in order to place in the beautiful concrete rings and consolidate the well sides, and this hole is getting bigger and bigger and the rock at the bottom isn't budging... take a look:

jonnyenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
HE Clinic

Page generated in 0.16804 seconds with 19 queries