View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 01:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
jonnyenglish

jonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailandjonnyenglish is a splendid one to behold in Thailand
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
We looked at some 'ex-rice field' land a couple of months ago.

A fact that should have been obvious to me was brought home forcefully: no tree cover = farkin hot.

And no, your thread isn't boring. These threads are interesting partly because of the potential...not necessarily just what you are posting now.

If you see what I mean.
I do indeed see your point, other friends of mine have bought land that on the face of it looked more shady as they have Mango, Lam Yai and Longan trees on already, however, they face different issues: One then has to cut trees down to build, plus those trees aren't really going to help shade your house much, they aren't tall enough. Plus fruit trees have lots of ants and other insects and houses built near them get infested constantly.

I'll use flat and boring as a blank canvas, it was the view from this plot that attracted me (although I am aware that someone could come along and put a high-rise hotel on the plot next door).

I have a very good friend who built his own house in this village (visiting him was the reason why I found this location) and his garden already looks mature after only 4 years.. big shady trees all over.

Anyhow, I have a cunning plan with regards to flat and hot no-shade rice land... stay tuned

Last edited by jonnyenglish : 03-10-2016 at 10:09 PM.
jonnyenglish is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07910 seconds with 19 queries