View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
jonnyenglish

jonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forum
jonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumjonnyenglish Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forum
The fact that all these semi-official dudes seemed to know about my plans already, plus they had all the relevant maps and whatnot, and all were in agreement as to the proposed location and APPROVED LEGALITY of the access road was a great relief to say the least!

It turned out that most of the discussion was regarding the fact that the access road had to cut across an existing klong that is used to irrigate the nearby rice paddies, so the deal was I have had to put in concrete culverts under the road, with access via concrete manholes and reinstate the klong. Hey, no problem so long as I'm not doing the digging!

I have heard horrible stories about people buying land that had 'access' on paper, only to find out that this was private land and the owner either wouldn't allow a road to be put in or were looking to purchase a gin palace to be moored in Phuket for the permission

So, with one potentially huge cock-up avoided, next day, in with the machines (Moo Moo inspecting the access to culverts...) :

jonnyenglish is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08524 seconds with 19 queries