Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodrigo Duterte

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    11-07-2021 @ 08:32 PM

meanwhile

in the good old u s a

Firearms were used to kill 13,286 people in the U.S. in 2015, .
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vi..._United_States.

not sure if this the same,but a lot of these are drug related.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lom
    Quote: Originally Posted by misskit Duterte said he would demand that Obama allow him to first explain the context of his crackdown before engaging the U.S. president in a discussion of the deaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by lom
    Innocent until found guilty by a court, what else is there to explain?
    Methinks Ameristani don't exactly grasp that concept.

More like, "I'm to important to jail", "I will sue you", "No problem they were black", "No problem they weren't Christians", "Foreigners in what country", "I didn't intend to act illegally", " I can't remember why I did it" .

All it seems acceptable reasons to avoid being charged, in the Ameristani unexceptional, banana republic.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-03-2020 @ 08:28 AM

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday said the US Special Forces must leave Mindanao

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday said the US Special Forces must leave Mindanao, saying their presence would only worsen the situation in the strife-torn region.
    “The US Special Forces, they have to go. They have to (leave) Mindanao. There are many (Americans) there,” the President said in a speech at the oath-taking ceremony of the latest batch of his appointees in Malacañang.
    READ: Duterte brings ‘new normal’ to PH-US ties

“I just could not say it (at the Asean summit in Laos) because I don’t want a rift with America. The situation there (in Mindanao) will be more volatile. If they are seen there, they will really be killed,” he added.
    READ: Duterte: I’m no fan of US
    Duterte, who became the buzz at the meeting of the 10-member regional bloc in Vientiane last week for his verbal tirades against US President Barack Obama, also showed photographs of the massacre of Moro people during the US occupation.

Read more: Duterte: American troops must leave Mindanao | Inquirer Global Nation
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Duterte: American troops must leave Mindanao | Inquirer Global Nation
    Monday,Tuesday, then it goes WTF !

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^I figured that would be coming soon. It's really always been part of America's 'global presence against terrorism' - a feel-good exercise for the US.

Duterte doesn't need or want them. No biggie. They can be far better utilized elsewhere.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    ^ Isn't this a little bizarre considering the present dispute with China over the South China Sea? I would think he would want the American presence there now more than ever.
    The Philippines will never be in any position to challenge China on their own, and ASEAN seems to be avoiding the subject.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^Two very different issues. One is a global issue involving China and a number of other countries, the other - the issue in question - concerns a small group of American 'advisors' in the volatile south who are serving no real purpose there. I agree with Duterte on this call.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    America's 'global presence against terrorism' - a feel-good exercise for the US.
    Modern imperialism.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    24-01-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Rodrigo Duterte told Indonesia to 'go ahead' with execution of Mary Jane Veloso, President says

Indonesia's President says his new Philippines counterpart has told him to "go ahead" with the execution of convicted drug mule Mary Jane Veloso.
    The 32-year-old Filipino, who was due to face an Indonesian firing squad alongside Australians Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, is still on death row in Indonesia after a temporary reprieve.
    The stay of execution was the result of a request by the then Philippines president, Benigno Aquino.
    Veloso was spared after someone suspected of recruiting her and tricking her into carrying drugs into Indonesia turned themselves in to authorities in the Philippines.
    She was sentenced to death by the Sleman District Court in October 2010 for attempting to smuggle heroin into Indonesia from Malaysia.
    Ms Veloso has maintained she was tricked into carrying the luggage containing drugs.
    New Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte met with Indonesia's President Joko Widodo in Jakarta, where the pair spoke about Ms Veloso's case.
    Speaking at a mosque in the Indonesian province of Banten days after the meeting, Mr Widodo said: "I told him that she carried 2.6 kilograms of heroin and I told him about the delay for her execution".
    President Duterte then said: 'Please go ahead if you want to execute her'
    The Philippines have denied the claim and have said Mr Duterte simply pledged to respect whatever the outcome of Indonesia's judicial process was.

Rodrigo Duterte told Indonesia to 'go ahead' with execution of Mary Jane Veloso, President says - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo746 View Post
    Rodrigo Duterte told Indonesia to 'go ahead' with execution of Mary Jane Veloso, President says

The Philippines have denied the claim and have said Mr Duterte simply pledged to respect whatever the outcome of Indonesia's judicial process was.

Rodrigo Duterte told Indonesia to 'go ahead' with execution of Mary Jane Veloso, President says - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Typical hysterical headline. The last sentence is what he actually said.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    ^I figured that would be coming soon. It's really always been part of America's 'global presence against terrorism' - a feel-good exercise for the US.

Duterte doesn't need or want them. No biggie. They can be far better utilized elsewhere.
    Hope you're right. But I see parallels to Venezuela.
    Actually me thinks Duterte is making issues out of things which are not realy issues. How about tackling the REAL issues. But for that you would need more then just a big mouth, you would need a brain.
    And that is an issue that Duddy would surely loose

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^The government is already backing off of his statement, and no notice has been sent to the US. Shooting off his mouth, as usual, combined with irresponsible, sensationalist journalism.

I'll be impressed once he actually does something about the traffic.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^And today the decision was reversed once he talked to his military commanders - which, of course, he didn't do before shooting off his mouth in the first place.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Allegedly he has now announced possibly buying Russian or Chinese military equipment. "In the second step, Duterte hinted that he was ending Phillipino reliance on US weaponry by at least partially shifting the procurement of arms to Russia and China. Duterte said that the two countries had agreed to give the Philippines a 25-year soft loan to buy military equipment. About 75% of the Philippines’ arms imports since the 1950s came from the US, according to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. Russia and China have since that time have been out of the loop. In announcing a definite shift in defense policy, the president said that he wanted to buy arms “where they are cheap and where there are no strings attached and it is transparent.” “Let’s contend ourselves with the propeller-driven planes but which we can use extensively in counter-insurgency,” Duterte added. “I don’t need jets, F-16 – that’s of no use to us… we don’t intend to fight any country.” "

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^This get raised every few years, and inevitably gets shot down by a military and police force that has used US equipment for generations. It will be shot down again.

I agree they don't need F-16's. They need stuff to counter low-tech, low-level insurgency.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    23-08-2021 @ 06:47 PM

Thumbs down

Funny thing about the Philipinnes, my family has a long history there. I've never, and have precious little interestest in going.
    I think the USA should vamoose and let Duterte choke on his own manhood.

The smart move would for the USA to vacate asia. Let Japan and China go at it again.

The USA is very sustainable with domestic enterprises and manufacture.

It is only the unbriddled greed of corporate globalization which has robbed the USA of what made the USA unique in the first place.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    11-07-2021 @ 08:32 PM

'Drug-dealing' daughter of playboy British Baron is shot dead Read more: http://www

Drug-dealing' daughter of playboy British Baron is shot dead by the side of the road after being caught carrying four sachets of amphetamine amid the Philippines' savage war on narcotics
    Aurora Moynihan, 45, was found dead by side of road last weekend
    Police said she was carrying four sachets of shabu, or methamphetamine
    She was daughter of Lord Antony Moynihan, who died aged 55

Read more: Daughter of playboy trickster British Baron is shot dead in Manila amid the savage war on drugs[at] | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last Online
    @
    Doesn't look like any place I want to go, especially with some sociopath who thinks that dropping a few innocents to get the designated bad guy is worth the cost. Too bad.

Last Online
    08-04-2024 @ 10:08 AM
    Interesting piece giving reason that Duterte dislikes Obama?
    Obama-Duterte Blow Up: What the Corporate Media Doesn?t Get | The Liberty Beacon

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^And eight years in, none of this information on Obama and his family has ever come out - despite the efforts of every loon on the planet to smear him.

Guess this 'investigative journalist' is special, huh?

Later...I'm off to buy more tinfoil.

Last Online
    08-04-2024 @ 10:08 AM
    ^ Sorry didn't realise we were only supposed to quote the "truth" as posted in the mainstream media!
    I have no idea if the journalist is "special" it appears you don't think so, given the dire state of the MSM in the US can understand your skepticism.

Last Online
    @
    ^ Sorry didn't realise we were only supposed to read the article but not stating our opinion about it..

The journalist who wrote it is a nutjob, it is so far from journalism you can get.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Guess Duterte's getting sick of taking shit over the drug killings.

He announced today he's forming a team to send to North Carolina to investigate the shootings of unarmed blacks in the US.

En route
    Last Online
    21-04-2024 @ 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Guess Duterte's getting sick of taking shit over the drug killings.

He announced today he's forming a team to send to North Carolina to investigate the shootings of unarmed blacks in the US.
    They just want to polish their skills.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Peso is at its weakest against the US$ in seven years due to Duterte's big mouth and the resulting lack of investor confidence. PHP48.20 - US$1 today. Sweet, as all my monthly money from various sources is paid in US$.

Last Online
    20-03-2024 @ 04:21 PM
    Time to vist the ol' P.I.

How's Dumaguete this time of year?

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread Information