Page 134 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3484124126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4103
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    A controlled landing somewhere between 5 and 24 degrees South East of Australia.

The amount and types of sea life found on various retrieved debris indicate a more northerly point of possible ditching of MH370.
    Should read, between 5 and 24 degrees South, west of Australia.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Got a better idea, harry?

Last Online
    @
    Got a better idea, harry?
    I prefer to leave it to the actual experts that have the actual data, rather than a wannabe who makes shit up based on whackjob websites.

After all, it was scientists that found AF447.

Last Online
    @
    MAPUTO, SEPT 5:
    Mozambique authorities today exhibited three new pieces of aircraft that washed up along its coast and are suspected of belonging to the missing flight MH370.

The largest item is a triangular shaped piece which is red and white on one side and metallic on the other.

It was picked up late last month by a South African hotelier off the waters of Mozambique’s southern province of Inhambane.

Joao de Abreu, director of Mozambique’s aviation authority said it was the first time a coloured piece had been found.

At a news conference, he said the piece could be “an aileron, a flap,(or) an elevator.”

On the inside, “we can see a label which will make it much easier to identify which aircraft it belongs to,” he said.

The other two pieces are smaller and were picked up by the son of a European Union diplomat near the southern resort of Xai Xai and handed to the authorities last month, he said, giving no further details.

The items will be sent to Malaysia for examination.

Malaysia Airlines jet MH370 vanished in March 2014 with 239 people onboard as it was flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Australia, which is leading the search, has determined that the five pieces of debris examined so far - found in Mozambique, South Africa and Mauritius - almost certainly came from the plane.

The first debris linked to MH370 - a two-metre-long (almost seven-foot) wing part known as a flaperon - washed up on the French Indian Ocean island of Reunion a year ago.

(This article was published on September 5, 2016)

Mozambique shows 3 new pieces of suspected MH370 debris | Business Line

Photos from another source:

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    14-12-2023 @ 11:54 AM
    It's not looking good for "controlled ditching"

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    It's not looking good for "controlled ditching"
    Why is that?

Joao de Abreu, director of Mozambique's aviation authority said it was the first time a coloured piece had been found.

At a news conference, he said the piece could be "an aileron, a flap,(or) an elevator." On the inside, "we can see a label which will make it much easier to identify which aircraft it belongs to," he said.
    Last edited by harrybarracuda; 06-09-2016 at 01:20 PM.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    These bits progressively make it look more and more like a fast impact.

Last Online
    @
    I've only seen one bit, and they think it's part of a flap, aileron or elevator.

So what are you on about?

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Look at the way it's broken.

Last Online
    @
    Look at the way it's broken.
    Sorry, are you an expert qualified in "how things break"?

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Yeah yeah.

Never claimed to be. It's just my opinion.

Last Online
    @
    Yeah yeah.

Never claimed to be. It's just my opinion.
    Based on confirmation bias as well.

So even though you know nothing about how things break, you've decided that the way this broke means the plane crashed at high speed, even though that would have left an orgy of wreckage and belongings.

I mean you could at least wait for them to identify it, no?

god
    Last Online
    @
    Nonsense.

The flaperon's trailing edge indicated 'flaps down' (manually operated) before a relatively slow impact with the sea, starboard wing down.

Any faster and the flaperon would have ripped off, with more visible impact damage on its lower surface, and without the abraded trailing edge.

Front end of engine cowling ripped off by wave/water forced through(not battered off) is also indicative of a relatively soft ditching.

Whether it glided to a halt in blue waters or near reefs is another question, as the flaperon hosted a well established mature colony of lepas barnacles, which prosper in warm, nutrient rich waters supporting plankton that lepas feed on.

So that flaperon floated around in somewhere between 5< 24 degrees South latitude, as indicated by such a healthy growth of barnacles.

Three areas in the S.Indian Ocean are known lepas breeding grounds.
    The Chagos Archipelago, of which Diego Garcia is the most southerly point, Cocos Islands and Xmas Island, all within that 5-24 degrees South latitude band.

Further south than aprox. 30 degrees South latitude would not support lepas, just too cold.

Lepas don't propagate in isolation in open seas, they need submerged reefs, rocks and shoals in warm, nutrient rich shallow waters to anchor onto to be able to thrive.

Further;
    "After running hundreds of thousands of simulated drift trials under varying assumptions, Daniel concluded that if the piece floated as its Lepas population suggests, that is to say submerged, then it couldn’t have started anywhere near the current seabed search area. Its most likely point of origin would have been close to the equator, near Indonesia. His findings in this regard closely mirror those of Brock McEwen and the GEOMAR researchers which I discussed in my previous post.

Daniel found that when simulated flaperons were assumed to have been pushed by the wind, their location on March 8, 2014 lay generally along a lone that stretched from the southwest corner of Australia to a point south of Cape Horn in Africa (see below). This intersects with the 7th arc. However, as Brock has pointed out, such a scenario should also result in aircraft debris being washed ashore on the beaches of Western Australia, and none has been found. And, again, the presence of Lepas all over the flaperon indicates that such a wind contribution could not have been possible."
    http://jeffwise.net/2016/05/02/frenc...omment-page-1/
    Last edited by ENT; 06-09-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Last Online
    @
    You earlier posted the findings of a highly qualified expert in the field discussing growth and distribution of the barnacles.

And now you quote some bloke whose expertise is in drift modelling.

Guess which one I favour?
    Last edited by harrybarracuda; 07-09-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Last Online
    @
    A leading air crash investigator says he believes missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 was deliberately flown into the sea by a rogue pilot.

The Boeing 777 was carrying 239 passengers and crew when it vanished over the South China Sea in the early hours of March 8, 2014.

The current search operation, being led by Australia, is based on the premise that the plane ran out of fuel when it crashed into the southern Indian Ocean.

It is assumed the pilots and those on-board were already dead or in some way incapacitated by the time the plane plummeted into the sea.

But Larry Vance, who helmed the investigation into the downing of Swissair Flight 111 in 1998, says the evidence points to the aircraft being deliberately glided into the ocean by an active pilot.

Mr Vance says damage to a flaperon found in Reunion last year indicates it was extended when the plane hit the water, something that he believes could only have been done deliberately.

"Somebody was flying the airplane at the end of its flight," Mr Vance told 60 Minutes' Ross Coulthart.

"Somebody was flying the airplane into the water.

"There is no other alternate theory that you can follow.

"Of all the potentials that might have happened, there is no other theory that fits."

Mr Vance said flights which crash into the ocean while out-of-control in effect explode on impact, creating millions of pieces of debris.

In MH370's case, only a handful of wing segments have been found so far, despite more than two years of ocean currents which should have pushed more debris to land.

"An aircraft that goes out of control at 30,000 feet will hit the water with tremendous impact," Mr Vance said.

"We saw it in SwissAir, we see it in other accidents."

Despite being found more than a year ago, French analysis from the flaperon is yet to be fully handed over to search teams, while the Malaysian government is yet to take possession of the crucial part.

The flight simulator of MH370's captain, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, showed he plotted a similar route over the Indian Ocean less than a month before the plane disappeared.

Mr Vance said the evidence pointed to one result for the doomed flight.

"When the flaperon was found, everyone should have concluded this was a human-engineered event," he said.

"I think the fuselage is intact for the most part, and is on the bottom of the Indian Ocean."

Another wing segment believed to be from MH370 was found in Tanzania recently, and is being analysed by Australian officials.

Read more at Crash investigator tells 60 Minutes MH370 was deliberately ditched - 9news.com.au

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Ok....I admit to BarryHarracuda and ENT that what I just said was a spur of the moment, ill thought out idea, based on looking at how it broke.

god
    Last Online
    @
    OK.....

Last Online
    @
    Ok....I admit to BarryHarracuda and ENT that what I just said was a spur of the moment, ill thought out idea, based on looking at how it broke.
    Now ENT has to tell me if he believes the highly qualified Prof. de Dekker who actually does his research in Australia:

Areas of expertise:

Palaeoecology
    Surface Processes
    Palaeontology (Incl. Palynology)
    Quaternary Environments
    Biological Oceanography
    Palaeoclimatology
    Atmospheric Aerosols
    Inorganic Geochemistry
    Geomorphology And Regolith And Landscape Evolution
    Marine Geoscience
    Isotope Geochemistry
    Oceanography
    Physical Geography And Environmental Geoscience
    Geochemistry

Or some French bloke who lives in France and for whom I can't actually find any references to his areas of expertise other than he works in a Meteorological office and therefore one assumes knows about weather.

god
    Last Online
    @
    The Oz bloke has an Oz agendum.

The French are more independent of the search.

I'd rather side with the unaligned observers.

Search further re. opinions on MH370 debacle, your 'lists' and 'reports' that you rely on smack of pro-establishment views.

No use shooting the messenger, boyo, it'll all come out in the final wash.

god
    Last Online
    @
    [QUOTE=harrybarracuda;3345521]
    Now ENT has to tell me if he believes the highly qualified Prof. de Dekker who actually does his research in Australia:

Areas of expertise:

Palaeoecology
    Surface Processes
    Palaeontology (Incl. Palynology)
    Quaternary Environments
    Biological Oceanography
    Palaeoclimatology
    Atmospheric Aerosols
    Inorganic Geochemistry
    Geomorphology And Regolith And Landscape Evolution
    Marine Geoscience
    Isotope Geochemistry
    Oceanography
    Physical Geography And Environmental Geoscience
    Geochemistry
    /QUOTE]

That list is of individual papers that the "expert " has studied.

He's not any sort of a primo expert in all those things.

The papers listed are similar (or the same) as those that I've studied, no big deal.

None of those subjects studied are individual degrees, just part of a list of at least 40 papers you need to pass to get a BA Science degree plus postgrad to a Masters, and in his case, papers contributing, as in Earth and Ocean Studies, Geology, Geography, Palaeontology, Geochemistry, Marine Sciences/Biology, and so on.

Basically, the guy's a climatologist.

Last Online
    @

Search further re. opinions on MH370 debacle, your 'lists' and 'reports' that you rely on smack of pro-establishment views.

I'm not shooting the messenger, you posted BOTH stories you muppet.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post

I'm not shooting the messenger, you posted BOTH stories..
    That makes no sense whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Both drift theory and bio-oceanography contribute to the research.

Think deeper.

Last Online
    @

Think deeper.[/QUOTE]

You can't think any more deep than 15,000 feet down in Davy Jones Locker.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:28 AM
    The Chinese search ship has spent most of it's time in port,repairs,rough weather,etc etc.
    The Dutch ship hired by OZ has been out looking,making the Chinese look like dicks.

god
    Last Online
    @

Think deeper.
    You can't think any more deep than 15,000 feet down in Davy Jones Locker.

[/QUOTE]

I posted both stories because they represent two angles of approach to the problem.

The Indian Ocean's a lot deeper than 15,000 ft, its about twice as deep.

Page 134 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3484124126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142144 ... LastLast

Thread Information