Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodrigo Duterte

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    No offense taken, and as my avatar indicates I have no problem with the idea of shooting criminals. It's when people are shot and left dead with notes on the body claiming they were "drug dealers" that an alarm is justifyably raised.

At least, if he hasn't already, he should limit this to law enforcement and not allow vigilantism.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2024 @ 01:10 AM
    How does withdrawing from the UN help the Philippines? The Philippines recieves a massive amount of humanitarian aid and assistance of all sorts from the UN. Just a fragile little ego who can't shrug off criticism.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^The Philippines isn't withdrawing from the UN. Duterte just shoots his mouth off, and moves on.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Duterte's greatest enemy is still his mouth. He's been caught on cam several times, cussing. He's spent his lifetime as foul-mouthed, so it's hard for him to change his ways. His rough stance on crime has been a positive, IMO.

His speech & antics have given rise to numerous memes, and are always good for a laugh. Pinoys always know how to laugh at themselves (and others too, lol).

Google Duterte's reaction to his basher (De Lima) during this past State of the Nation Address. It's on youtube & was amusing, as his reaction was priceless.
    Can someone post a link of that here? I can't post links from this fone.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^Hi Katie. My wife watches his antics every evening on TV, especially the recent brawl with De Lima (whom I like, but she doesn't); comedy gold.

He's a foul-mouthed, rough talking, provincial politician. But, in my opinion, his heart is in the right place and he is trying to clean the place up.

But, he needs to move off of petty squabbles, as well as the drug war, and get focused on other major issues - like TRAFFIC!

Now if he can do something/anything with that appalling mess, he will ensure his positive place in history.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-03-2020 @ 08:28 AM

Duterte kicks out all presidential appointees in government

President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday fired all presidential appointees in government by declaring their posts vacant.
    Citing continuing corruption in government “especially in the regulatory agencies,” Duterte told the appointees: “Consider your positions vacant as of this hour.” He spoke at about 2 a.m. during a press conference.

The President noted that corruption was giving “headaches to fellow human beings.”
    He stressed that his order included “all” presidential appointees. “It will number in the thousands” all over the country’s bureaucracy.
    It was unclear if the order included positions of those he recently appointed and swore into office in Malacañang.
    “Until now, in my provincial visits, I still hear corruption being committed,” the Chief Executive said.
    He singled out the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and the Land Transportation Organization (LTO).
    The President ordered the current head of the LTFRB, lawyer Martin Delgra, to report to him in Malacañang.
    Duterte also pointed to the head of the LTO and all presidential appointees in the agency.
    He clarified that career officials and employees were not included in the order. CBB/rga

Read more: Duterte kicks out all presidential appointees in government | Inquirer News
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook
    Monday,Tuesday, then it goes WTF !

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^I'm pretty sure it applies only to employees appointed by the previous administration. In many countries, they would have submitted 'courtesy resignations' in any case with the change of government. Good shit, get rid of more parasitic deadwood. If any of them actually have a viable role, they can always be reappointed.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    He certainly is making his mark, locally, regionally and internationally. Who from his previous position has he brought with him and who from the previous government have joined with his stance?

What I'm trying to understand is how "permanent" is he or are there multiple threats, locally and internationally.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    He certainly is making his mark, locally, regionally and internationally. Who from his previous position has he brought with him and who from the previous government have joined with his stance?

What I'm trying to understand is how "permanent" is he or are there multiple threats, locally and internationally.
    Not quite sure what you're asking. He has brought some of his folks from Davao into the administration, most notably the new PNP chief. Some from the Aquino period retain their positions.

He won by a populist landslide. He is 'permanent'. I see no international threats, and no serious local ones. He is crude, outspoken, and very different from the norm - thus far his show is being well-received here...and here is all he really cares about.

Last Online
    I was wondering how stable his position against the entrenched politicians and government agencies was. A charismatic populist person may be elected but they also need a "power" base to cajole the establishment into accepting or implementing a new direction.

Does he have the other newly elected politicians under his wing or are they sniping at his actions?

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    I was wondering how stable his position against the entrenched politicians and government agencies was. A charismatic populist person may be elected but they also need a "power" base to cajole the establishment into accepting or implementing a new direction.

Does he have the other newly elected politicians under his wing or are they sniping at his actions?
    There are some of the old guard taking shots at him. So far, they are being clubbed like baby seals. I don't see a major threat, unless the situation takes a drastic turn for the worse.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Philippines has just completed drug testing 100,000 police officers.

130 tested positive for shabu (meth).

Pretty impressive. Like to see LOS match that, or any first world country for that matter.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^I don't know Davis, but would imagine the top cops in the LOS could match their Pinoy counterparts when it comes to fudging figures or releasing data of any description that has zero reflection on reality...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    in my opinion, his heart is in the right place and he is trying to clean the place up.
    And that's the most important thing, I hope you are right.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

World nickel price affected by DU30 policy moves

World price of Nickel is on the rise, DU30 is making a big cleaning operation within mining industry.

Some oligarchs befriended with past government really abused the situation by declaring 1/10 or 1/100 the scale of operations, less taxes, less permits, less equipment for safety, leaving a big ecologic mess in the path, amassing huge fortunes.
    There are indigenous population killed, displaced, to steal off their land for mining in Philippines, not enough told in International news, hope this get's taken care as well by DU30...

It is now stopped in few areas and the clearing is underway as we are told.

Philippines is damn rich of different metals and minerals, sadly the population really not profit from that.

If only the populations (Philippines, Saudi, and and and...) would be better informed how it is played in Norway with good returns to society and a yearly check to each individual from profits...REVOLUTIONS needed in many places.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Manila times, 6000 government employee kicked out

Bureau of customs now get CCTV, huge bribes handed out there previously, as can be seen in article below from MT...

MORE than 6,000 presidential appointees got the boot after President Rodrigo Duterte ordered them to vacate their offices because government corruption persists.

A memorandum circular released Monday night will cover all 6,000 officials, including those appointed by Duterte, and holdovers from the Aquino administration that had earlier been asked to stay on the job beyond July 31.

Memorandum Circular No. 4 ordered all presidential appointees to tender their unqualified courtesy resignations within seven calendar days and “in view of the President’s desire to rid the bureaucracy of corruption ...to give him a free hand in achieving this objective.”

President Rodrigo Duterte
    Exempted are:

• Newly appointed Cabinet secretaries, undersecretaries, and assistant secretaries in their respective departments, including presidential advisers or assistants with the equivalent rank;

• Other officials in the executive department, including state universities and colleges, and government-owned and -controled corporations who are appointed by the President;

• Career officials as defined by the Civil Service Laws, rules and regulations;

• Judiciary;

• Officials whose offices are created by virtue of the Constitution (e.g. constitutional commissions, the Ombudsman); and

• Those whose appointments are currently being processed or who may be appointed by the President.

The same memorandum circular said that in the event that the President accepts the resignation of the head of an agency or GOCC, his or her deputy or others next-in-rank will act as officer-in-charge of the agency until a replacement is duly appointed by the President.

Any presidential appointee who fails to tender his or her courtesy resignation may be held administratively liable and meted the appropriate penalty.

Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Martin Andanar said that among those appointed by the President, only the chiefs of the Land Transportation Office and Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, need to vacate their office if prompted by the President.

In a press briefing in Davao early Sunday morning, Duterte said he would declare all positions in the government vacant due to reports of continuing corruption in several government agencies.

Duterte singled out the LTO and the LTFRB as among the agencies riddled with corruption.

Duterte said he has the power to dismiss appointed public officials for their failing to deliver on their mandate.

Andanar said that even the heads of the government-owned and -controlled corporations would have to leave their post, except those with fixed terms, and members of constitutional bodies.

Also on Monday, the Bureau of Customs said it has concluded its investigation into an employee who allegedly accepted P220 million in monthly bribes.

“We have also have a strong case against one of our employees, the name is Customs Police Capt. Arnel Baylosis…. I’ve already forwarded the case folder of this employee to the Department of Justice for investigation,” said Customs Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon.

“Four individuals who had direct transactions with him testified through affidavits that previously, since 2012, they had been giving bribe[s]. It’s called in the Customs ‘tara,’ amounting to at least P100 million to P220 million monthly,” said Faeldon.

“We are continuously isolating and tracking all the bureau officials that are believed to be very corrupt,” he said.

In our effort to make the bureau more transparent to the public Faeldon also announced that the Office of the Commissioner and other ports under the supervision of the BoC can be viewed online starting next week.

“We have set up, right now… The setting up of CCTV cameras in all the frontline offices of the Bureau of Customs has been ongoing. We expect that in the next 30 more days, the big ports in Manila can now be viewed publicly.

“My office is the first one. So that no employee will refuse the setting up of the CCTVS,” he said.

Topics: President Rody Duterte , new appointees holdovers , presidential appointees , booted out , LTO , LTFRB , Bureau of Customs

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Lot of folks sweating right now......

Last Online
    ^^^

It's good to see a change in tempo in a country. The new leader has a record of achievement, fingers crossed he and his team remain on track.

The big bonus to the Philippines, it's people, it's businesses and government agencies, would be increased demand and increased consumer and public spending which might mean locals creating local goods instead of importing the goods.

Would this be an internal revolution and of what colour would it be given?

The .001% would probably have fits and call on their paid assassins to spoil the party.

What's the legal status of the Ameristani military bases, yearly leases, docking rights or have they permanent bases over which the Philippine government have no control?

^^

I would assume many "installed" administrators would change in many countries around the world. The meat is the ones who have acted corruptly are being investigated, charged and if found guilty in a court of law, punished.

Many countries, developed or not, would be praised if that administrative action were to be followed.
    Last edited by OhOh; 23-08-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Lot of folks sweating right now......
    Damn straight. The Philippines has needed an enema for a very long time, I thought this guy would just be the latest in all piss and wind Fresidents but he's doing what many thought could not be done.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Despite all the drug killing furor, economic indicators are up as well.

En route
    Last Online
    21-04-2024 @ 08:24 PM
    The wheels of beurocracy may well grind to a halt with so many cogs removed at once.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^Political appointees - doubt any of them did anything productive.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    1 Euro equals
    52.73 Philippine Peso

1 US Dollar equals
    46.53 Philippine Peso

Piso dropped a little, i like it when i wait a transfer to reach...

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    29-04-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    I was just reading on a Lao related blog that Duturte has committed to come to Laos to attend the yet another ASEAN summit , Obama will turn up to. so I'm guessing I should stay well away from downtown when all this horseshit goes down ( about 1 week) traffic will be nuts and the keystone cops will be in there element,

Last Online
    21-03-2018 @ 04:20 PM
    [i]THE Maute group has freed eight fellow militants in a daring attack that also allowed 15 other inmates to escape from a provincial jail in Marawi City.

Police said about 20 heavily-armed fighters of the militant group stormed the Lanao del Sur provincial jail in Marawi City before nightfall Saturday, disarmed the guards and rescued their eight comrades, including three women.

The attackers also seized two rifles from guards.

Police said Sunday the eight militants were arrested by army troops and police when they were caught with a homemade mortar shell in a van in Lanao del Sur's Lumbayanague town.

The Maute group is a new band of armed Muslim radicals, who have pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group. (AP)[/i

that's a big feck you to Duterte.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread Information