Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodrigo Duterte

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    @betty - for a cheapish break w/o additional flights in country, you can either go to Subic or puerto Galera for a beach holiday. If you're willing to take a flight in country, then u csn go to Palawan or Boracay. Lots of k-pop ppl in Bora, in case u miss them on ur vacay. Lol. Bld has a thread.on Bora, I have one too, more recent. Baas has a thread.asking abt places, I mentioned some areas there. Or you could start ur own thread. Don'rt derail the Duterte thread or Davis might gun you down.

Sorry for typos, am on fone.

btw, u can take cebu pacific frm incheon or busan. Many ppl here diss CP, but they sometimes have cheap promo fares that I've used. And hey, I'm still alive.

Addendum: Puerto galera has some good dive spots, I think. Many ppl go there for diving. Can't say, as I'm not a diver.
    Last edited by katie23; 06-08-2016 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added info

Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23
    Don'rt derail the Duterte thread or Davis might gun you down.
    That's you proper told off Betty.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Given the short amount of time since the election, the main event thus far has been a huge surge in extrajudicial executions of small time drug dealers. In the past two weeks, however, the focus appears to be shifting to corrupt politicians who profit from the drug trade.

Across the board, politicians and government employees - from the prisons, airports, police, and others - are on notice that corruption will be ruthlessly stamped out.

Duterte faces a monumental task. Thus far, he appears to be working hard to make a dent in the vast number of problems that face the country.

I wish him well...long way to go before real results will start to be seen. There are no quick fixes.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Good health and security are the key. Has he been in touch?

The Chinese press is suggesting warmer Government to government relations are ahead, what are the locals feelings?

South China Sea issue not to affect China-Philippines cooperation: ministers - Global Times

"China and Philippines have the capability and wisdom to solve the issue on the existing basis through bilateral negotiation and the consultation mechanism between China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), said Chinese Minister of Commerce Gao Hucheng after meeting with his Philippine counterpart Ramon Lopez in the Lao capital.

The meeting has focused on measures to further recover and develop economic and trade relations between the two countries, Gao told media on the sidelines of the 48th ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting that kicked off here Wednesday."
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh
    "China and Philippines have the capability and wisdom to solve the issue on the existing basis through bilateral negotiation and the consultation mechanism between China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), said Chinese Minister of Commerce Gao Hucheng after meeting with his Philippine counterpart Ramon Lopez in the Lao capital.
    Duterte knows that he cannot defend the souvereign rights of the Philippines against China with military force. That does not mean he is willing to give up these rights. It seems at the moment China does not have that wisdom or values brutal force over it. Let's see how it goes.
    "don't attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence"

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23
    So in that aspect, not much has changed.
    Thanks katie. It's what I expect. Things cannot have changed that much in so short a time. But even beginning of change is encouraging, especially when the people are willing to change their own attitude.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeovers
    It seems at the moment China does not have that wisdom or values brutal force over it
    Is that from the perspective of the Filipino or the German?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    It seems at the moment China does not have that wisdom or values brutal force over it
    Is that from the perspective of the Filipino or the German?

It is reality as their illegal actions in filipino waters shows. They have the power and don't hesitate to use it.

Last Online
    24-08-2017 @ 02:01 PM
    Well they would say that wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Good health and security are the key. Has he been in touch?

The Chinese press is suggesting warmer Government to government relations are ahead, what are the locals feelings?

South China Sea issue not to affect China-Philippines cooperation: ministers - Global Times

The meeting has focused on measures to further recover and develop economic and trade relations between the two countries, Gao told media on the sidelines of the 48th ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting that kicked off here Wednesday."

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-03-2020 @ 08:28 AM
    El Presidente just made public a list of 27 politicians involved in the drug market.

They have 24 hours to surrender to Police or be shot like rabbits.

Those killings exceed the 1000 now, TV is showing some victims each day, gruesome.

Last Online
    @
    Philippine President Reveals List of Government Personnel Linked to Drug Trade

MANILA—Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte early Sunday revealed a list of more than three dozen judges, politicians and police allegedly involved in the trade of illegal narcotics, part of a campaign promise to pursue those linked to the drug trade.

Mr. Duterte read the list, which he said had been validated by the police and the military, on national television while attending the wake of a fallen soldier.

During the speech, Mr. Duterte said those on the list were “destroying the country” and compared their involvement in the drug trade to treason.

As part of the speech, Mr. Duterte relieved from duty police and military personnel who had been assigned to protect the accused judges, lawmakers and politicians and ordered the members of the police on the list to report to face administrative charges.

Mr. Duterte, in his speech, said there are now about 600,000 people linked to illegal drugs in the Philippines, whether users or dealers, and blamed the involvement of government personnel for allowing the number to “reach this magnitude.”

Philippine President Reveals List of Government Personnel Linked to Drug Trade - WSJ

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 AM
    Duterte is obviously a brave man. I hope he has great security!

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^In fact, he often travels with almost no security. Far less than previous Presidents.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit
    Mr. Duterte, in his speech, said there are now about 600,000 people linked to illegal drugs in the Philippines, whether users or dealers, and blamed the involvement of government personnel for allowing the number to “reach this magnitude.”
    Total population: 102 million.

If his numbers include Marihuana users, then it's quite a low percentage.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Just heard that Senator de Lima publicly admitted she is a protector of druglords, actively involved in producing Shabu and retired from her office as Senator.

Yesterday I heard she attacked Duterte for prosecuting judges which is out of his constitutional rights. She is now praising his anti drug policy but I doubt it will do her much good.

My wife just tells me the mayor of Cebu also stepped down and admitted to be a drug lord protector.

Duterte is really not afraid to step on big toes.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeovers View Post
    Just heard that Senator de Lima publicly admitted she is a protector of druglords, actively involved in producing Shabu and retired from her office as Senator.

Yesterday I heard she attacked Duterte for prosecuting judges which is out of his constitutional rights. She is now praising his anti drug policy but I doubt it will do her much good.

My wife just tells me the mayor of Cebu also stepped down and admitted to be a drug lord protector.

Duterte is really not afraid to step on big toes.
    Not sure that's accurate. My wife told me the de Lima story this evening, and I looked up and read all of her remarks today in her speech. It's very ambiguous. She appears to be speaking in generalities, admitting that the prison was under her general command when drugs flourished there. Also, the VICE-MAYOR of Cebu is the accused, but claims it's his older brother. Also, I don't believe it was de Lima making the statement re judges, but the Chief Justice. Lots of confusion as folks run for cover.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    This youTube video seems quite unambiguous. She says she is a drug lord protector and she retires her mandate.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Listen to it again - her statements are dripping with sarcasm. Like "Yeah, Asshole, I was a drug dealer". Let's look at the news tomorrow. Plus, her retirement after 21 years was expected soon after the change of Presidents - she has previously worked for four.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    Wow, that's bold, and all said without blinking an eyelid!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Listen to it again - her statements are dripping with sarcasm. Like "Yeah, Asshole, I was a drug dealer". Let's look at the news tomorrow. Plus, her retirement after 21 years was expected soon after the change of Presidents - she has previously worked for four.

You sure have a better insight than me, not least because you probably understand the Tagalog parts of her speech. I found the part about Shabu in that prison and her involvement strange.

But in parts it sounded to me like she is fighting down tears.

And the retiring. Retiring just 3 months after being reelected?

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    Retiring just 3 months after being reelected?
    Because she can, with the full package, I presume.

Meth labs in the tunnels under the prison?

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I honestly can't make much sense out of this little drama. I still don't see anything concrete saying she covered for drug lords other than the failure to clean up the prison under her watch. As far as resigning, it wouldn't be the first time she's threatened to resign. Very confusing. It honestly looks more like a protest against Duterte's drug policies more than anything else. Wait and see, I guess.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    24-01-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    FACT CHECK: One judge in Duterte list already dead for 8 years

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Seven members of the judiciary were named by President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday, August 7, as allegedly involved in the illegal drug trade.
    The list, read by Duterte himself during a press conference in Davao City, included more than 150 officials from the judiciary, police, and local governments. (READ: The Duterte list: Judges, mayors, police officials linked to drugs)
    The judges named were:
    • Judge Mupas, Dasmariņas, Cavite
    • Judge Reyes, Baguio City
    • Judge Savilo, RTC Branch 13, Iloilo City
    • Judge Casiple, Kalibo, Aklan
    • Judge Rene Gonzales, MTC (no location mentioned)
    • Judge Navidad, RTC Calbayog City
    • Judge Ezekiel (based on Palace transcript) (or Exequiel based on Palace press release) Dagala, MTC Dapa, Siargao
    However, one judge on the list, "Judge Navidad" of Calbayog City, has been dead since 2008. No first name was provided by Duterte or the Palace in its release.
    A Judge Navidad who presided over an RTC Branch in Calbayog City was found to be Judge Roberto Navidad of RTC Branch 32. He was killed in January 2008, according to news reports from that year. According to a Newsbreak report in 2008, Navidad was the 15th magistrate killed since 1999.
    The slain Calbayog RTC judge was also one of two lawyers surnamed Navidad in the lawyers list found on the Supreme Court website. The other Navidad resides in La Union.

FACT CHECK: One judge in Duterte list already dead for 8 years

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    He might be getting a little bit ahead of himself.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Dela Rosa: Mistakes in Duterte list are 'small things'

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa on Monday, August 8, downplayed the errors in President Rodrigo Duterte’s list of politicians, police, and members of the judiciary allegedly involved in the illegal drug trade.

(I don’t understand why you’re so concerned about mistakes. We should be concerned about the good the list would bring to our campaign. If we allow ourselves to be controlled by the fear that we’ll make mistakes over little things, by a small percentage, this campaign will not prosper.)
    Dela Rosa: Mistakes in Duterte list are 'small things'

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread Information