Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Here are some interior pictures with some of the furniture placed. I have a long way to go with all of the accessories I purchased and will need a few more large cabinets to put them in.

Here is the hallway that extends the width of the house. The door on the left is the guest toilet and the two on the right lead into my son's room and the master bathroom. The space at the end will be the Thai kitchen. The lights in the hallway are LED hoping to cut down on the bug traffic.

Here is the guest toilet with Shawn showing the sink cabinet.

Here is one end of the living room.

Here is the other end. The dining room splits off into a alcove to the left.

The double door front entrance is to the left.

Shawn doing one of his favorite things.......watching cartoons.

Master bedroom four post teak bed.

Dining area looking into the computer room/guest room.

Last Online
    18-03-2015 @ 11:59 PM
    Very well done !!

Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 01:57 AM
    Looks great Rick !!

But what are cherry bushes ???

Being in the Seattle area, I'd love to have some cherries in Nakhom Pathom (My wife really loves them too), but I thought it was the wrong climate for cherries.

What are these plants you mentioned ?

Steve

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Looks really good Rick, enjoy.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by stevefarang View Post
    Looks great Rick !!

But what are cherry bushes ???

Being in the Seattle area, I'd love to have some cherries in Nakhom Pathom (My wife really loves them too), but I thought it was the wrong climate for cherries.

What are these plants you mentioned ?

Steve

Steve, on our last trip to Chiang Mai, we visited a large nursery that had all kinds of plants and trees. Things may have been lost in translation and they may have been referring to cherry tomatoes. I have seen cherries (of the other species) in Tesco and thought we may have purchased a couple of cherry bushes. I do see some small tomatoes sitting on the counter that may have come from the cherry tomato bushes. Sorry for the confusion.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks Marmite and Makmak. Marmite, you will need to come by and see the house in person. I will be leaving to go back to the States on April 2nd, but will be back after rainy season.

Cheers

Last Online
    27-07-2016 @ 12:09 AM
    I like the furniture mate very nice.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    22-03-2024 @ 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bankao dreamer View Post
    I like the furniture mate very nice.

But it gets in the way of Shawn's Roller Rink !!!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

Yes Wasp, I have truly impeded on Shawn's roller rink. He does, however, have 4 rai to wonder on along with a long driveway that is great for riding bikes..

Thanks, BD, the furniture was all purchased well before the house was ever even built and has worked out well. I am very glad I do not have to buy furniture now and would probably not have any if it were left to the last thing.

I will be heading back to the States in a little over a week and will post some final parting shots. I continue to arrange the interior and do some furnishings I had stashed away. I am still enjoying the house very much.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Sorry everyone, I forgot to post some parting shots. I did take them, but in my flurry to leave for the States, they were not uploaded.

Right now I am in Nevada, advertising some of my vehicles and "stuff" to sell so that I have more funds to semi-complete the built. Of course, a house is never really finished and I know there will be things done until I am ashes.

I should be back around October, after rainy season, so I will update everyone then. Still have the back patio to complete along with the Thai kitchen and master toilet. Like I said, it will never really end.
    Last edited by rickschoppers; 19-05-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I have managed to sell off my 1985 GMC step side truck and the 1967 Toyota FJ45 is selling on eBay. The bid has surpassed the reserve price, so it will sell as long as the seller pays the money at the end of the auction. I never count on anything until the money is in the bank.

Because I have enough capital to finish what I want already, I have changed my mind of coming back in October. It will now be, more than likely, August when I return only leaving a couple of months of rainy season.

I will buy some appliances like a new fridge, washing machine and ACs. My first building project will be to cement the back sala. I am not sure if it will be too wet to accomplish that, but at least the block wall can be built up a little to retain the CPAC. I can also have the workers start on the Thai kitchen by building a counter where I will place a granite counter and double sink.

I will start sending some pictures as soon as I get back to give an idea of the areas I want to complete. Also want to finish of some landscaping.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^ too right Rick, I remember 10 yrs ago I advertised a Rustin healy on ebay, despite the car being pristine and as advertised, the purchaser backed out. ( he told me his GF was too fat to fit. while I reported it to ebay, didn't help me much as I had plane ticket booked the next day.

cvnt deserves a fat bitch.
    There can’t be good living where there is not good drinking

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    PP, I've got the deposit of $1000 in the bank so if he does not pay the rest, I will keep it. He has until Monday to pay the balance owed.

I have had non-payers on eBay as well and you just have to suck it up and try to recover the fees. Ebay did credit those when I have had a non-payer. Still a risk any way you look at it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Balance on the FJ45 has been paid, but that was two weeks ago. I am now waiting for the shipping company to pick it up and deliver it to Louisiana. It is now a little over two weeks before I return and I have already wired some money to the wife to purchase a washing machine.

I asked her to get started on the block wall, but she would rather wait until I arrive. Not sure what can go wrong with the wall, but I do appreciate that she wants to wait until I am there to start. I have finally got her trained, or is that the other way around?

Last Online
    25-08-2019 @ 07:50 PM
    Smart girl, don't upset the husband!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    One of the secrets of life for Thai ladies married to a farang. However, it has to be a two way street.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I am now trying to prioritize what still needs to be done on the house. Of course, the process is never really done, but I need to decide the sequence. First, I think we need to add some concrete to the sala, sides of the house and finish out the front drive. This would cut down on the dirt and mud as well as give me a good place to have a nice cold drink in the evening.

We still have an open space where the kitchen will be and originally I had thought about an ornate steel grate, but now I have decided to frame it in and use some long teak window frames that would be able to open and close. Below is the space I am talking about and then it is on to finish the kitchen.

Looking down the hall to the back of the house where the kitchen will be. Note the open space.

Once the cement is in, I would like to do some landscaping before tackling the master bath. There is a lot of work needed to give some good curb appeal and luckily we already have several plants that are potted and ready to place around the house. My intent is to build a few planters around the front of the house to add some greenery and break up the solid facade. There will also be a concrete walkway around the house and since I have a 2 meter overhang there is plenty of protection for those rainy days.

The front just looks blah right now.

Beside finishing the kitchen and master bath, the house needs more cabinets and inside plants to fill up some of the space we have. This will be an ongoing project and will continue to change even after we have finished any construction.

Right now the house looks a little stark so my goal is to make it appear more lived in and pleasing to the eye. Koman and others have done a great job of this and I have learned quite a bit looking at their threads, so thanks.
    Last edited by rickschoppers; 11-08-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Rainy season is still in full swing here and would expect it to end in a month, or so. Once things dry out a bit, I will start working on the concrete for the sala and front porch along with a walkway around the rest of the house. Since our roof overhang is 2 meters, there is plenty of width for the side walkways.

One of the nice things that I came back to was a fairly decent front lawn thanks to all the rain and the BIL taking care of the garden and trimming where needed. The lawn will save me some money since I was going to concrete more of the front and then buy some sod to fill things in. The current lawn is by no means golf course grade, but it is natural Thai ground covering and should be easy to maintain.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I will try to post more recent pics to show our progress.
    Last edited by rickschoppers; 14-03-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    OK, fast forward about 19 months and here is how the front porch now looks. We have added concrete around the entire house along with the large patio at the back of the house. We continue to do projects and the only large one left is completing the master bathroom and placing AC in the master bedroom. A house is never really completed, even when you think it is.
    Last edited by rickschoppers; 15-03-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Last Online
    04-04-2021 @ 12:28 PM
    Nice work, place looks like home.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    One of the completed recent projects was a food prep area at the back of the house. This was originally going to be an inside kitchen, but we decided to do the major cooking outside and we added a Thai kitchen onto our carport along with a large dog kennel which I will show later.

The food prep area has a microwave, toaster, hot water kettle, rice cooker and hot plate. Our fridge will also be housed here at end of the counter.

Last edited by rickschoppers; 15-03-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by rtc View Post
    Nice work, place looks like home.
    Thanks rtc, it is feeling more like home to me as well.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Here is the other project we just completed. This tower holds 2000 liters of well water that can be gravity fed to the house in case of an electrical outage or pump failure. The tank is also plumbed to the government water which would continue in case our pump goes tits up. With the current drought, I am continually thinking of other water storage solutions to assure we have a continuous supply of water.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Here are some pictures of the completed concrete walkway that goes around the house. The first picture is of my BIL planting some flowers. Where he is standing is now the location of our water tower on the south side of the house.

https://teakdoor.com/Gallery/albums/u...8023459872.jpg

This picture is of the walkway on the north side of the house.

Here is the back patio and the dogs are now housed in a large kennel attached to our carport.

This picture was taken from the carport looking at the south side of the house and patio.

Last edited by rickschoppers; 15-03-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information