View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #305 (permalink)
terp80
Thailand Expat

terp80 has a great interest in being a Thailand Expatterp80 has a great interest in being a Thailand Expatterp80 has a great interest in being a Thailand Expatterp80 has a great interest in being a Thailand Expatterp80 has a great interest in being a Thailand Expatterp80 has a great interest in being a Thailand Expatterp80 has a great interest in being a Thailand Expatterp80 has a great interest in being a Thailand Expat
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp
terp : ( In Post # 100 ) Property set back lines in my case were determined by my local Or Bor Tor, so you might want to slide by yours one day and ask them. My set back lines were NOT the same on all sides of my house. Yours might be different too.
Take photos of houses that were obviously closer than 2-3 meters . . . or maybe don't do that. ? ( Not the most useful gem of advice from terp there ! )
In areas where there is no actual, functioning OrBorTor, you're pretty much on your own I suppose. Mine did have specific set back rules, and they would not approve building plans if the plans violated the rules. My PLANS were in compliance, however, the OrBorTor never seemed to follow up to see if the building was, in fact, within those setback lines.

And so, after consultation with my architect/builder, my build turned out to be not "legal" in a couple places where no neighbors were adjacent, i.e. the back and one corner of the fish pond. I think every jurisdiction is a bit different, and city requirements seem more strict than rural ones. Therefore, I would not presume to advise anybody else what to do regarding their build's setbacks, and hereby withdraw any comment that could be considered such advice, except to say do whatever you want Waspie, and let us know what happens.
terp80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09028 seconds with 19 queries