Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 519193949596979899100101102103104105106107108109111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4103
    Last Online
    @
    He doesn't actually seem to realise that they are searching underwater this time.

CLARK: They will start the search now again in the Southern Ocean, but look at what they had there: The Russians, the Chinese, the British, the Australians, the Malaysians. They had so many aircraft there that at one point, they had to bring in a separate aircraft to control their movements, so they didn't bump into each other. And still, nothing. Now, months later, they are gonna start again, but they couldn't find anything with all these entities before. This is very strange.
    He is very senile.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    Do you know him personally, harry?
    Before I answer that, do you think it has any bearing on the rambling interview he gave?
    None at all.

You just bumped against him sometime, then.

god
    Last Online
    @
    He doesn't actually seem to realise that they are searching underwater this time.

CLARK: They will start the search now again in the Southern Ocean, but look at what they had there: The Russians, the Chinese, the British, the Australians, the Malaysians. They had so many aircraft there that at one point, they had to bring in a separate aircraft to control their movements, so they didn't bump into each other. And still, nothing. Now, months later, they are gonna start again, but they couldn't find anything with all these entities before. This is very strange.
    He is very senile.
    From the above (attributed to Clark), how do you infer that he's senile?

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM

Latrinedancer's lost the plot again.

Very funny L/D's post eh ENT

Fookin spot on as well.

Last Online
    @

He is very senile.
    Er.... because aircraft can't view deep subsea terrain?

Last Online
    @
    Before I answer that, do you think it has any bearing on the rambling interview he gave?
    None at all.

So it was a pointless question then.

god
    Last Online
    @
    None at all.

Again, not at all.

So you don't know the man.

god
    Last Online
    @

He is very senile.
    Who inferred that?

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    14-12-2023 @ 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    May have been disabled by fire; I still reckon it was all due to a fire in the nose wheel well.
    If there had been a fire it wouldn't have taken more than a few seconds for the pilot to radio an alert to air traffic control, just as standard procedure in an emergency, then proceed, which is what didn't happen.
    Not if it started as a smouldering type of fire, which baked and destroyed electrics BEFORE the pilot knew there was a fire.

god
    Last Online
    @
    May have been disabled by fire; I still reckon it was all due to a fire in the nose wheel well.
    If there had been a fire it wouldn't have taken more than a few seconds for the pilot to radio an alert to air traffic control, just as standard procedure in an emergency, then proceed, which is what didn't happen.
    Not if it started as a smouldering type of fire, which baked and destroyed electrics BEFORE the pilot knew there was a fire.
    A smouldering fire emits far more smoke than flames do, and would have been smelled by the crew.

Last Online
    @

He is very senile.
    Who inferred that?
    What are you on about?

Do you know the difference between "inferred" and "implied"?

Last Online
    @
    None at all.

Again, not at all.

So you don't know the man.
    You just said it had no bearing on the rambling interview yet you don't think it's a pointless question?

Have you forgotten to take your meds today, you seem to be a little confused.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    ^ Indeed he is.

A smouldering fire emits far more smoke than flames do, and would have been smelled by the crew.
    (Groan) I'd like to point something out here :

The nose wheel well houses the nose wheel and this is OUTSIDE the plane. Smoke generated here would not be smelt by crew INSIDE.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok View Post
    ^He's been in the Aviation business since 1972, so i'm sure he would know a bit about aircraft.
    He's a bean counter, and clearly not an avionics expert. Anyone that would advocate isolating a piece of electrical equipment from the pilots on a commercial aircraft needs their head examined.

His big claim to fame is growing Emirates into a massive international airline, which frankly when it's subsidised to the hilt is hardly difficult.

Which is how a useless numpty like James Hogan has done the same thing at Etihad.

And I've met him plenty of times. Trust me, he knows jack shit about aircraft electronics, too.
    So you met him plenty of times?

god
    Last Online
    @
    ^ Indeed he is.

(Groan) I'd like to point something out here :

The nose wheel well houses the nose wheel and this is OUTSIDE the plane. Smoke generated here would not be smelt by crew INSIDE.
    You've got to be kidding!

Then how does a fire which is outside of the plane burn wiring in the avionics bay?

Further, the nose wheel bay isn't outside the plane, but in the nose cone, isolated from the avionics bay.

Nose wheel bay.

Relative positions of nose wheel bay, avionics bay and flight deck in a Boeing.

"One can really see the very forward stowing position of the nose landing gear, the avionics/equipment bay above and behind it and then the freight compartment. The gear goes that far forward in order to utilize the the lower part of the fuselage as efficiently as possible . Also watch where the floor goes for the cockpit, those pilots only occupy the top part of the nose, the aircraft is really big but those ultra large cockpit windows makes one think the pilots uses half of the diameter or more."

Airliners.net forum: A350 Prototypes Production Thread Part 6

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    So a tire fire would be toasting the pilot's feet before it got anywhere near avionics.
    Also, it doesn't require the pilots to notice the fire, all sorts of temperature and smoke detectors in the plane.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok View Post
    ^He's been in the Aviation business since 1972, so i'm sure he would know a bit about aircraft.
    He's a bean counter, and clearly not an avionics expert. Anyone that would advocate isolating a piece of electrical equipment from the pilots on a commercial aircraft needs their head examined.

His big claim to fame is growing Emirates into a massive international airline, which frankly when it's subsidised to the hilt is hardly difficult.

Which is how a useless numpty like James Hogan has done the same thing at Etihad.

And I've met him plenty of times. Trust me, he knows jack shit about aircraft electronics, too.
    So you met him plenty of times?
    Yes, plenty of times. Before his Emirates "rise to fame".

god
    Last Online
    @
    And what you call a senile man rose to fame building Emirates.

Doesn't sound very senile to me.

You do though.

Last Online
    @
    And what you call a senile man rose to fame building Emirates.

Doesn't sound very senile to me.

You do though.
    He didn't build Emirates, Maurice Flanagan did.

And he isn't the CEO of Emirates either. He reports to Shaikh Ahmed.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Ok...I retract what I said about a fire in the nose wheel well not being able to emit smoke into the plane. That was just my guess.

Here is something more more credible. It mostly fits : A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet | WIRED

And don't laugh at the model plane here; just listen to the commentary :

Last Online
    12-09-2023 @ 10:55 PM
    An old theory now which I doubt credible, a fire would likely have left some visible clues in the shape of debris or wreckage. As yet there is no sign of the plane so one might with good reason conclude it is still in one piece at the bottom of the sea.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Sloppy thinking, Ronin. No-one is saying that it went up in a great conflagration. Just that there was a fire in the nose wheel well that knocked out the electronics, the pilots and passengers.

Last Online
    12-09-2023 @ 10:55 PM
    Sloppy thinking, Ronin. No-one is saying that it went up in a great conflagration. Just that there was a fire in the nose wheel well that knocked out the electronics, the pilots and passengers.
    Your post really is bullshit, your the one with sloppy thinking as usual; if there was a fire in the nose wheel that was capable of knocking out the pilots and passengers it would without one shadow of a doubt been detected well before it got to that stage. Without doubt there would have been a mayday call but there wasn't. Do you know how many sensors there are in the wheel bays and how many indications there are on the control panel? Obviously not! I never said it went up in a 'great conflagration' only that it if it had been damaged by fire some evidence would have been left. To date no evidence of where exactly the plane went down so it is most likely in one piece!

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Bit touchy today Ronin, aren't we ?

You said :

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    a fire would likely have left some visible clues in the shape of debris or wreckage.
    How would a fire in the nose wheel well later create debris or wreckage ? Only a large conflagration would do that.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer
    Bit touchy today Ronin, aren't we ?
    He doesn't get out of the Twat thread much...Gotta defend his wannabe warrior status...

Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 519193949596979899100101102103104105106107108109111151 ... LastLast

Thread Information