View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
chassamui
Curmudgeon

chassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expat
chassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expatchassamui Thailand Expat
The hotel is 40 minutes from KL Sentral and MYR300 by taxi, but the young lad on reception guides me a few hundred metres from the hotel to the local monorail station. Only MYR2.5 and 9 stops and 20 minutes to downtown. The staions are between 500m and 1km apart.

The trains were opened in 2003 and look a bit like a fairground ride, but the do the job ok and are air conditioned. KL is very humid all year round so the fans on the platforms are also welcome.

The service crosses the city in all directions just like London Underground but with better views.

The Petronas Towers as seen from my local monorail station. They dominate the city for obvious reasons.

Page generated in 0.08365 seconds with 19 queries