Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks for putting it into 3D, Wasp. It looks good (apart from the missing front window) but I have my own doubts about the location of one of the bathrooms so I would probably change the design myself.

I agree it's a simple design that Thais would probably like but realistically, Thais outnumber foreigners quite considerably in that location and I would think Thais would be more likely to buy a house in that area than foreigners. But it's your build so you have to be happy with the design. Fair enough.

I want the bedrooms away from me and my books and computer .
    You could sit in the area I called a "dining area". You could call it your office, your den, Wasp's nest, or something else.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the design you have decided on.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    22-03-2024 @ 05:28 PM
    I stopped doing windows when I could see the house in sufficient perspoo .... poorspik .... 3D well enough to visualise the ambience .

The one problem of seclusion in the Dining Area ( although it answers lots of my discontents ) is the proximity of the Kitchen .

EXCELLENT if I am alone . Tripping in for coffee , biskwits , bacon butties . But my Thai lady is hungry every 56 minutes or so and she loves the most revolting stinky foods .

Noone ever warns you about that do they ?
    You see a nice ( much younger ) Thai body , a smile , An attractiveness you'd never get in England ...... and noone tells you they eat caramelised insects and small fish that have been rotting for 3 months in a paste of garlic and onions .
    With results that make a toilet down the back of the plot a good idea .

Or down the back of somebody else's plot .... 2 miles away.

Do you have Sketchup , Neverna ? It's a terrifically entertaining programme .

Wasp

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    I've just installed it. From the few minutes I've played with it, it looks entertaining and useful but I'm not sure I have the desire to spend enough time to get to use it properly. Maybe one day when it's pouring with rain and I have nothing else to do, I'll spend a few hours with it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Well .... you're right .

It gets addictive and absorbs hours of your time .

W.

Last Online
    25-08-2019 @ 07:50 PM
    I stopped doing windows when I could see the house in sufficient perspoo .... poorspik .... 3D well enough to visualise the ambience .

The one problem of seclusion in the Dining Area ( although it answers lots of my discontents ) is the proximity of the Kitchen .

EXCELLENT if I am alone . Tripping in for coffee , biskwits , bacon butties . But my Thai lady is hungry every 56 minutes or so and she loves the most revolting stinky foods .

You see a nice ( much younger ) Thai body , a smile , An attractiveness you'd never get in England ...... and noone tells you they eat caramelised insects and small fish that have been rotting for 3 months in a paste of garlic and onions .

Wasp
    OOOh Yeah, I am with you there brother! Hells bells, my beautiful darling can cook me up some very tasty curries, but my god what she puts in her tummy I couldn't get near for the smells. Sometimes my house smells like 5 day old cat pee!!!

Last Online
    27-07-2016 @ 12:09 AM
    How much is a "tad close"
    80cm from back of house to wall overlooking rice fields, about 50 cm from roof. No windows on this section, glass blocks in downstairs toilet and ventilation bricks in store room. I can always sneakily move the boundary markers in the dead of night
    No ploblem mai ben rai
    SCROTUM PASS ME PISTOL

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Unhappy

Wasp

FatOne
    OOOh Yeah, I am with you there brother! Hells bells, my beautiful darling can cook me up some very tasty curries, but my god what she puts in her tummy I couldn't get near for the smells. Sometimes my house smells like 5 day old cat pee!!!

I remember as Missy was tucking into some caramelised giant cockroaches I looked at her shape and thought " Well maybe they've got a better diet than my Cheese Whopper with KFC Chicken Toastie ."
    But when my eyes moved up to see a sweet , white smile and little crunchy legs sticking between her teeth I knew we'd had our last little kissy .

Some of this stuff that they ferment for a year .... I've taken off the cover and it makes me retch !!!
    Her Dad has land about 3 miles away .
    I should build a toilet there .

Wasp

Last Online
    21-03-2018 @ 10:48 AM
    Wasp, got this off another building site.

.5 meters distance with solid wall, glass-blocks and vent blocks are accepted in building permits. Also possible to increase distance to 2 meters for only parts of wall with windows.

More than 2 meters from property line can be required, for instance property line to a klong usually 3 meters.

As said before by many checking with the Tabien Baan (local building department) before all the time and effort designing would be prudent. Possibly have Missy call them would solve this conundrum.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BKKBILL View Post

Wasp
    ........................... got this off another building site.

.5 meters distance with solid wall, glass-blocks and vent blocks are accepted in building permits. Also possible to increase distance to 2 meters for only parts of wall with windows.

More than 2 meters from property line can be required, for instance property line to a klong usually 3 meters.

As said before by many checking with the Tabien Baan (local building department) before all the time and effort designing would be prudent. Possibly have Missy call them would solve this conundrum.

Thank you Bill .

This was all theoretical for this particular potential maybe build .

But it applies also to Missy's Roman King Bikini home .
    She was left to her own dire controls on that renovation but there's a large space down the side that I always intended making my man build .

I was blithely assuming I could go all the way over to the boundary wall . Even perhaps include the boundary wall . She built the thing !
    It does all seem such a free-for-all in Issan .
    So it's appreciated that you and others have pulled me up a little bit by saying there are indeed regulations .

It wouldn't be good to find this out after spending 2 million on Annexe Wasp now would it ?

Many appreciations .

MusingWasp
    Last edited by Wasp; 10-10-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Last Online

It wouldn't be good to find this out after spending 2 million on Annexe Wasp now would it ?
    [/COLOR]

Many appreciations .

MusingWasp
    Wasp after the fact er .... build all things seem to be possible.

"making my man build" No, No WASP man cave .... MAN CAVE.

Last Online
    @

Well I said I needed to turn Neverna's design into 3D before I could really sense how it would be .

And here it is .

If I was doing a house at complete minimal build cost I could use this as it's a straightforward rectangle with simple internal layout .

But I do think how would I feel living in this layout ..... and I feel it's entirely suitable for Thais . I've been in Thai homes that are pretty much as straightforward as this .
    But for me I have a problem once again with doors . With me sitting in that open area and people stepping out of bedrooms straight into the relaxing area .
    Or walking through this area to get to a bedroom . Or toilet.
    I don't want even to be looking at doors !
    Or people going to the toilet.

I want the bedrooms away from me ..... and my books ..... and my computer .

In fact I think I've now settled on a design . It needs a bit of prettifying before I can post it but it'll appear soon .

WaspDesignsLtd.

Wasp,
    That floor plan design^ is pretty much exact to the layout of the house I rented in Cha Am near the beach. Interesting.....

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    I think it's about as creative as an ordinary Thai can take .

Iss gotta door . Iss gott rooms . Why you want more ?

W.

Last Online
    @
    Absolutely and it worked just fine for me.....except for the neighbor who decided it was time to embark on a chicken farming business. HAHA

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Well --- I actually DO always say that you shouldn't ask questions and then ignore the answers that people spend time on .

So I have settled on a design ........... 8 metres wide so that I don't have any problems.

Here is where I've ended up ........

There was a suggestion early on to move the kitchen area to the front window ( Bettyboo ) but I gave that much thought and I think the kitchen area is really just a coffee and microwave area so it's not an area where one would spend a long time .
    And besides it does have a window so if our nosey neighbour Soopoonatharrannboolywooleydingdong is approaching sneakily from the side she will be spotted

There will be an outdoor ( cheap ) heavy-duty stinky cooking stand .

It would be a simple matter to give that 2nd bedroom access to the toilet/shower but I do believe people saying that folks will always lock both doors and never unlock when they leave .

None of this will be started until I go there and check for myself the accuracy of the 12 metre width .

Wasp
    Last edited by Wasp; 12-10-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Last Online
    11-08-2017 @ 11:51 AM
    I like the pillar in the middle of the room... Thai traditional...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by BKKKevin View Post
    I like the pillar in the middle of the room... Thai traditional...

I have to respect Bettyboo's lead in this matter .

What's a Thai house with no obstructing pillar smack in the centre ?
    It will be polished for blue to come and show his pole-dancing skills ... or preferably his friends .

Wasp

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM

Might it be better to shift that main shower/ carsey to the left to give it a window and better ventilation ?
    A general question - building and plumbing wise, is it easier to have the 2 bathrooms next to each other , or doesn't that make any difference .

Whats that area near the front door for , could it be better incorporated as indoor space .

Finally the beds , did you get a professional architect to draw them in for you , I thought yours always sank deep into the floor ..

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

Might it be better to shift that main shower/ carsey to the left to give it a window and better ventilation ?
    A general question - building and plumbing wise, is it easier to have the 2 bathrooms next to each other , or doesn't that make any difference .

Whats that area near the front door for , could it be better incorporated as indoor space .

Finally the beds , did you get a professional architect to draw them in for you , I thought yours always sank deep into the floor ..

NUMBER 1.

Moving the toilet/shower to the Left so its on an outside wall .

Now that's one excellent idea , blue . Excellent !!! It will be done . Extremely excellent .

NUMBER 2. '
    .... is it easier to have the 2 bathrooms next to each other ? '

Yes . It must be much easier . Would save some cost . But I didn't want to plan around that factor . If they happened to end up together OK . But I'm more interested in a nice layout than in letting the plumbing dictate the layout.

NUMBER 3. The space near the door is an open patio . If I was living here I'd spend an awful lot of time sitting out there so I want it .
    I didn't put the trellis into the drawing but there would be trellis above that low wall.

... and NUMBER 4. You do pay lots of attention blue !! And yes you're right - my attempts to fetch furniture from the Sketchup library are hopeless as the beds and chairs sink below the floor or protrude through the walls .

Just can't get the hang of it .

So I just drew them myself ! With lines in Sketchup .
    I do appreciate your thoughts blue . Thanks.

Wasp
    Last edited by Wasp; 12-10-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 10:36 PM
    I really like the pink tiles in the living area

6kon

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by 6kon View Post
    I really like the pink tiles in the living area

6kon

Unbelievable !!!!!!

I can't get away with anything !!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked at that picture earlier and thought
    " Hang on ..... that floor was Green . I must remember to change it back ".

And of course I didn't .

So there it is ... the wrong colour .

" Oh nobody will even notice . " I says to me .

Wrong .

It's a much nicer Green . Look carefully . Look into my eyes . It's GREEN . Green I tell you .

Now what colour is it ?

Wasp

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2024 @ 12:55 PM

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp
    But my Thai lady is hungry every 56 minutes or so and she loves the most revolting stinky foods .
    You see a nice ( much younger ) Thai body, a smile, an attractiveness you'd never get in England ...... and noone tells you they eat caramelised insects and small fish that have been rotting for 3 months in a paste of garlic and onions .
    Sorry I missed this earlier, but you are . . . spot . . . on!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2024 @ 12:55 PM

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp
    Now what colour is it ?
    Um . . . pink?

Last Online
    If you look real hard for a long long time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nope still pink.

Well I tried.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    OK . Making life easier for terp in particular and BKKBILL........

a final rendition .

With a lovely GREEN floor and I have moved the toilet as blue suggested .

( Good move there blue ) .

And that I think is the end of this Thread .

There's no more to talk about until something perhaps gets done .

I'd like to thank my wife , my cousin , my Mum and Dad , the members of the Academy , my cousin again ( I always fancied her ! ) , my publisher , anyone that knows me .

Now would you please play " Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves ♪♫ ♪ ♪ " in the background as the credits roll .

PRODUCER Francis Ford Waspolla

DIRECTOR Steven Spielwasp

CINEMATOGRAPHY Ridley Scwasp

STUNTS Arnold Schwaspernegger

CLAPPERBOY Martin Scorswaspy

SECOND CLAPPERBOY Martin Scorswaspy ( It's a cheap Production )

SECOND UNIT DIRECTOR Quentin Waspatino

黃蜂
    Last edited by Wasp; 12-10-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    Some thinks are very mouth-watering in pink...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information