Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Last Online
    25-08-2019 @ 07:50 PM
    My post was 9.56AM on my PC, depends on what timeline you are on. I regularly come in to my office and find that everyone has been up all night updating their pages, because of the time differences and also most of you post in the evenings, whereas I post in the mornings.

Last Online
    25-08-2019 @ 07:50 PM
    I guess it depends a lot on where you build, in the little village I am building in you can build a bamboo shack or a nice house and no one seems to give a fig about building lines or permission or anything, as you can see from my thread one side of my house is only about 1m from the neighbour.

Last Online
    21-03-2018 @ 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FatOne View Post
    I guess it depends a lot on where you build, in the little village I am building in you can build a bamboo shack or a nice house and no one seems to give a fig about building lines or permission or anything, as you can see from my thread one side of my house is only about 1m from the neighbour.
    FO right you are the distance does seem to change depending where you build hence the reason I said "All fun aside would think this would be the first thing to confirm then draw your plan to the maximum width allowed for that narrow lot" Checking with the local Or Bor Tor before starting is definitely the way to go and could save a lot of time and heartache. Mind you where's the fun in all that

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-04-2024 @ 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by koman View Post
    Sorry Wasp; I'm not trying to steer away from your exciting building venture....but you have raised this question, so it tweaked my natural curiosity.
    Obviously this is only of musing interest .

I can see you being up early koman - what with all the scrotum problems - and sitting out on your nice veranda in the cool with a coffee and musing a bit on TD .
    So to see you at 7 AM isn't a shock ....... but Roobarb only comes to life after about 9 PM wherever he happens to be in the World so I couldn't see him posting around that time ... and then also fatone posting at a similar early time .

In the morning I have the energy and nosiness to be having a look - but not any inclination to write .
    Except of course right now it's the morning ......................... and I'm writing .

Best always ignore me.

Wasp

Last edited by Wasp; 13-09-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by terp80 View Post
    Waspy,ask them why they were OK . . . or maybe don't do that.

Well thanks for that terp.

Terrific guidance I call that !

Wasp

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    My post was 9.56AM on my PC, depends on what timeline you are on. I regularly come in to my office and find that everyone has been up all night updating their pages, because of the time differences and also most of you post in the evenings, whereas I post in the mornings.

Ah well that's made it clear .
    ???????????

Wasp

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    I guess it depends a lot on where you build . In the little village I am building in which I am building in in you can build a bamboo shack in or a nice house in and no one seems to give a fig about building lines or permission or anything . As you can see from my thread one side of my house is only about 1m from the neighbour.

That was also my view of things until Roobarb pointed in the direction of regulations .

I'd be an unbelievably very silly boy to ignore that .... for it gives the local Nazis the opportunity to come with their Rule book in one hand and an open empty wallet in the other .

Wasp

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by BKKBILL View Post
    FO right you are the distance does seem to change depending where you build hence the reason I said Checking with the local Or Bor Tor before starting is definitely the way to go .

JESUS !!!! That word before jumped out and scared the cat .

Just who IS this ORBORTOR ?

Looks like arbitrator and sounds like it
    too.

Wasp
    Last edited by Wasp; 13-09-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 10:36 PM
    wasp: here are the regulation rules:
    ¡ÒáèÍÊÃéÒ§ÍÒ¤Òú¹·Õè´Ô¹

If you translate it with google translate:
    Ministerial Regulation No. 5 (2543), issued under the Building Control Act 2522 in respect of the building.
    Chapter 4, the building and of the building.
    Article 40, the construction or alteration of buildings or parts of buildings must not transgress into the public. Unless otherwise authorized by the Authority, which is responsible for maintaining the public.

Article 41, the construction or modification of buildings near public roads with a width of less than six meters to move the building away from the center of the public road at least 3 meters.
    Buildings taller than two stories or more than 8 meters, flat, row houses, commercial buildings, public buildings, factories, label or something created for one or the label. Containers The construction or modification of public roads nearby.
    (1) If a public street shall have a width of less than 10 meters to move the center of the building away from public streets at least 6 meters.
    (2) If a public street shall have a width of 10 meters or more but not more than 20 yards to move the building away from public streets at least one in 10 of the width of a public road.
    (3) If a public road that is wider than 20 meters up to move the building away from public streets at least 2 meters.

The 42 buildings constructed or converted to public water sources such as rivers, ditches, gullies or Lmkraodg if the public water supply and a width of less than 10 meters to move the building away from the public water supply is not less than 3 meters, but if. public water supply that has a width of 10 meters will be required to move the building away from the public water supply is not less than 6 meters.
    For building construction or modification of public water sources such as ponds, lakes or large sea to move the building away from the public water supply is not less than 12 meters.
    Except fences, bridges, dams, sewer Harbor Shipyard Shipyard signs or space used as a parking lot, do not move the building.

Article 43 For buildings constructed under Clause 41 and Clause 42 requires the minimum of the awning or protrusions architectural elevation of the sidewalk not less than 3.25 meters, which excluded the refurbishment of submission of the wall is over 50 cm and have a pipe. Water from the awning or canopy attached to or embedded in the wall or column into public sewers or manholes.

Article 44, the height of buildings, whether from one point. Must not exceed twice the horizontal distance. Measured from that point perpendicular to the boundary on the opposite side of the road near the building as possible.
    Measure the vertical height of the building from street level or ground level up to the construction of the tallest building. For building gable or hip roof to the walls of the temple floor.

Article 45 the same building, which is a public road, two unequal flanked on the distance between the public road and the call does not exceed 60 meters and the width of the buildings along the public road wider than 60 meters, the height of the building at. any point shall not exceed twice the horizontal distance from the nearest point on the perpendicular to the boundary of a public road on the opposite side of the line range.

Article 46 of the same building on the corner of two public unequal. Building height at any point must not exceed twice the horizontal distance to the nearest. From that point perpendicular to the opposite side of a public road wider. And the length of the building along the narrow road to 60 meters.
    For a flat or tenement building. Length of the building along public roads are narrower than not more than 15 meters.

The fence or wall built 47 miles of roads, public contact, or less than the height of the fence. A building height not exceeding 3 meters above the footpath or public roads.

Article 48 of the building near the other buildings in the same land. Floor or wall of a building for a building height of up to 9 meters away from the building for not less than 4 meters, and for building higher than 9 meters but less than 23 meters away from the building to the other not less than 6 meters.
    The provisions of paragraph one shall not apply to space used for parking.

Article 49 on the side of the building in the row house or commercial building.
    (1) If the row house or commercial building, there are many possible combinations of ten units. Or a combined length of 40 meters and a building to be built as row houses or commercial building. Row house or commercial building to be built away from the side walls of the original building blocks, or not less than 4 meters, but if the other buildings are away from the side walls of the original building blocks, or not less than 2 meters.
    (2) If a flat or house that is less than ten units and a overall length of 40 meters, the building is built to be away from the side wall of a row house or commercial building is not less than 2 meters, but the building blocks, or. Building on the existing row house or commercial building 4.

Article 50 of the building walls, windows, doors, vents or light box. Or balcony of the building to a distance from the land below.
    (1) buildings with a maximum height of 9 meters, wall or deck must be at least 2 meters away land.
    (2) building with a height of up to 9 meters but less than 23 meters away from the wall or terrace house does not have to be less than 3 meters.
    The walls of the building away land less than as defined in (1) or (2) to be away from the area of land not less than 50 cm unless construction adjacent land and buildings will be building up to 15. meter wall of the building adjacent to the area of land or land less than those specified in (1) or (2) to construct a wall. Roof and walls of the building shall be made ​​not less than 1.80 meters high from the deck of the building adjacent land must get a written consent from the owner of the adjacent land as well.
    3-216 Building Control Act in the Government Gazette issue is that it is appropriate given the nature and shape of the area ratio of the area of ​​a vacant building or outside the building. And the distance between the building or the building or the land of others. Or between buildings on the street Sidewalk or public For the sake of stability, security, fire protection, public health, urban planning, architecture, maintain environmental quality. And to facilitate the traffic. And Section 8 (1) (7) and (8) of the Building Control Act 2522 stipulates that such designations shall be as prescribed in the regulations. BE hereto
    Published in Volume 117, No. 75, dated August 7, 2543.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Angry

............... errrrr ................ thanks 6kon .

A bit too much help I think !!!

Boggle-eyedWasp

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Well !!!!

Look at that !!!!!!

I've got three stars now !!!!!

I saw yesterday that I had acquired a second star ....... which is nice but it just raised my Thread from " Terrible " to " Bad " .
    An improvement but not something to be ecstatic about .

But somehow now I got another !!!!! From somebody who is clearly nice and also a person of some refinement and taste.

I've now reached " Average " .

That'll do .

SlightlySmugWasp

( Still studying your plan Rooby )

Last edited by Wasp; 13-09-2014 at 06:42 PM.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Mr wasp, your story peaked my interest from the start, "atractive girl, drunken father, broke family". I was hoping you would post a pic to show us just what sucked you into this excellent adventure. It does sound like I have not taken the road Less traveled as I had thought the farther down the path I go. Quite the ride though I must say. Good luck to you. It sounds like your having fun with this project.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 PM

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 6kon
    If you translate it with google translate:
    First Rule of Thai Law: Never translate a Thai legal document, notice, regulation, legislation, or law of any kind using Google Translate.

Great 6kon! So now it looks my house is in violation of several of these Articles.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by terp80 View Post

Great 6kon! So now it looks my house is in violation of several of these Articles.
    Well for a start your steps are of different heights !

What does the Or Bor Tor have to say about THAT then ?

Wasp
    Last edited by Wasp; 13-09-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlocker View Post
    Mr wasp, your story peaked my interest from the start, "atractive girl, drunken father, broke family". I was hoping you would post a pic to show us just what sucked you into this excellent adventure. It does sound like I have not taken the road Less traveled as I had thought the farther down the path I go. Quite the ride though I must say. Good luck to you. It sounds like your having fun with this project.

I have to apologise but I have never seen that girl .

Except I have seen about 2 000 girls exactly the same as she is , pinning their hopes on beauty pageants outside Big C in Pattaya .
    And you know what ? They're gorgeous . Absolutely gorgeous . But they don't smell very nice .
    All that pappaya and chillis .But if any one of them walked into a pub in England a lot of drinks would miss mouths .
    Unfortunately they're in Pattaya or Phuket where they are lost in a mass of others.

Wasp
    Last edited by Wasp; 14-09-2014 at 01:25 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by terp80
    Great 6kon! So now it looks my house is in violation of several of these Articles. Well for a start your steps are of different heights !
    What does the Or Bor Tor have to say about THAT then ? Wasp
    Sshhhh! Dammit Wasp, we're trying to fix them before they get wind of it.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    "Badges?...We don't need no stinkin' badges"...

-The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, 1948

with Humphrey Bogart...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Plan 3

Now you folks have been treated to a first plan which was for a simple 10 metre by 10 metre square complete with a pole-dancing table .

Plan 1.

Following suggestions this changed by being extended 3 metres .
    This led to Plan 2 which gave Bedroom 2 an ensuite and more room to Bedroom 1.

Plan 2

But all this creative work received a Hellfire missile from the Roobarb Predator drone ( abley assisted by BkkBill holding Roobarb's stick ) when first Roobarb and then BkkB informed me that I cannot build one metre away from the boundary line .

I want windows so I have to be 2 metres away !!!!!!

This is a substantial and inconvenient change.

So I have now come up with Plan 3 - 8 metres wide to meet the regulations .
    I don't know what the regulations are really so 6kon decided to help out there and now I definitely do not want any more help with the regulations .

Especially from
    6kon .

{ There is a Plan 4 but that is the design Roobarb has produced . I'm still examining that one }

So here's Plan 3.

Bedroom 1 gets some storage . Bedroom 2 loses its ensuite but the General loo looks better .

............. for your considerationingisation . ( Not YOU 6kon ! )

Wasp

Last edited by Wasp; 14-09-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Last Online
    wasp: it looks better. I think u miss some doors The toilet looks like a saferoom.
    Maybe u could hire me as a building inspector For a bottle or two with greater stuff I can look in another direction
    Only one pole for pole dancing?

6kon

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    WHO LEFT THAT BLOODY DOOR OPEN ?????

CALL SECURITY !!!!!!

Wasp

Last edited by Wasp; 14-09-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post

Looks like arbitrator and sounds like it
    too.
    Or bor tor (อ.บ.ต.) stands for Ong-gaan Borihaan Tambon (องค์การบริหารตำบล), something like the office for local administration (tambon level).

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Neverna
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wasp
    Looks like arbitrator and sounds like it too.

[Neverna] - Or bor tor (อ.บ.ต.) stands for Ong-gaan Borihaan Tambon (องค์การบริหารตำบล), something like the office for local administration (tambon level).
    If I had to Englishify "Or Bor Tor," I would say: Local Government Administrative Agency. But, thankfully, I do not have to.

Last Online
    Wasp: I have some other thai laws you shouldn't break:

It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.

You must wear a shirt while driving a car.

You must pay a fine of no more than $2000 Baht in Thailand if you’re caught littering on the sidewalk.

No one may step on any of the nation’s currency.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by 6kon
    Wasp: I have some other thai laws you shouldn't break:
    It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.
    You must wear a shirt while driving a car.
    You must pay a fine of no more than $2000 Baht in Thailand if you’re caught littering on the sidewalk.
    No one may step on any of the nation’s currency.
    The only one I have been guilty of is the last one. I was on a bus in BKK when a man accidentally dropped a coin, and it rolled down the aisle toward me. I astutely stomped on it, picked it up, and cheerfully handed it to the man. I thought the bus was strangely quiet.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

I hope you were wearing underwear .

Wasp

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information