Page 9 of 165 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959109 ... LastLast
    Last Online
    @
    Missing MH370: Creators of fake reports have an addiction, says psychologist
    Updated: Monday March 10, 2014 MYT 5:30:19 PM

PETALING JAYA: People who create fake reports in regards to the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 are rumour mongers who crave attention.

“They are rumour mongers. It’s a habit, an addiction,” said Paul Jambunathan, a consultant clinical psychologist at Monash University and Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur.

“Creating these false reports are purely for their benefit. It’s not to spread news, but to instigate people. They feed off knowing that they have affected you,” he added.

Paul said that people spread these fake reports to “belong to a crisis situation”.

“Some people don’t have enough action in their lives, so they jump into the first possible sense of drama,” said Paul.

“Sharing the fake information is a form of attention seeking behaviour. It’s a very pathological way for them to try belong to what’s happening,” he said.

“But if they know a piece of information that’s true, they should call the authorities to verify the information,” said Paul.

Last Online
    12-09-2023 @ 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Yes but the point is where airliners are involved it is usually the US and its allies that are targets, besides as has been stated repeatedly terrorists would most likely have claimed responsibility by now don't you think?
    According to one journalist at yesterday's press conference, they have.
    Haven't heard that and can't find any reference to it, could you supply it? Thanks.

Last Online
    @
    Yes but the point is where airliners are involved it is usually the US and its allies that are targets, besides as has been stated repeatedly terrorists would most likely have claimed responsibility by now don't you think?
    According to one journalist at yesterday's press conference, they have.
    Haven't heard that and can't find any reference to it, could you supply it? Thanks.
    Chinese group claims responsibility for flight MH370

Last Online
    07-10-2022 @ 03:15 PM
    The passengers on this flight would all have been processed through the fancy KLIA terminal...more camera surveilance than you could poke a stick at!! Hence they would have pics of all passengers...the "no shows" and the llegal passport pair....as usual the media and public are being kept under the mushroom!(as they need to be!)
    No one has mentioned the possibility of WEATHER ......particular severe lightning strike...... in ecuatorial regions vey severe thunderstorms are very common, and I have quite recently flown a route very close to this from KL to Phuket in some of the worst rough powerful storm cells. I have ever seen...absolutely shocking conditions.......No one in the industry likes to talk about this nasty natural event, but I have personally been sitting in a 747 on short final, gear down into Hong Kong......sitting at a window seat above the wing, and had the bejesus frightened out of me when a lightning strike hit two meters from me, and left me temporarily blinded...backup emergency power switched in...and a blackened panel about 1 meter in diameter on top of the wing! We watched from the transit lounge while engineers drilled out the rivets, took off the panel.... inspected, and then re-rivetted it "burnt paint and all" and we flew on to London! This is fortunately the usual extent of damage...however I have also seen a smallish RPT aircraft in Australia, with a hole half a meter in diameter blown through the nose locker and all luggage gone....along with every wire in the aircraft burnt to bare copper,and it did not burn other than all the cables and electrics.Amazingly this aircraft let down with two very good pilots, and a basic AH, through cloud at night, they manually lowered the gear, and landed safely (an "on the ball" flight service team noticing radio contact and transponder suddenly disappeared on approach, had ground staff turn on the runway lights)with the aircraft scrap metal only.......not a "fly by wire" aircraft!.....or it would have crashed into the sea without mayday or "black box" data or transmission after the strike! I hope this is not the case!
    "Looking for a cold beer to put out the chilli!"

I am in Jail

Last Online
    19-06-2023 @ 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke
    They may have simple not been able to fly the plane and crashed it accidentally into the sea
    May be the sea was their intended target? You numpty.
    Why would someone want to attack the sea ?
    Revenge for the Tsunami ?
    Fluke I asked you a question about the documentary you watched. Was it Air Canada?
    I dont recall the airline , there was a series about aeroplane crash reports , the aeroplane lost all power mid air and glided for about an hour and landed safely

Last Online
    @
    They may have simple not been able to fly the plane and crashed it accidentally into the sea
    Fluke I asked you a question about the documentary you watched. Was it Air Canada?
    I dont recall the airline , there was a series about aeroplane crash reports , the aeroplane lost all power mid air and glided for about an hour and landed safely
    Well then it didn't lose power, either one of the two famous examples had batteries, deployed the RAT and communicated with ATC all the way down.

Perhaps you should watch it again.

Here is the RAT deployed on a 777, most clearly visible at 0:14.

Last Online
    @
    Well then it didn't lose power, either one of the two famous examples had batteries, deployed the RAT and communicated with ATC all the way down.

Perhaps you should watch it again.
    Air Transat Flight 236 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests... more drink!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Air Transat 236, Fluke has embellished the story a bit, it glided for right at 20 minutes and covered about 120k after the last engine flamed out.

Toronto to Lisbon and it landed in the Azores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble
    Air transit hold the record for the longest glide by an airliner. Using the wrong part on an engine fuel system, drained the fuel tanks and it landed in the Azores. The gimli Glider was a new aircraft with an old crew and canada just going metric. Got the imperial and metric confused. Radios will not fail right of the bat all planes have batteries. I tinK.
    Sailing was the first poster.... On this question.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    They had no power at all, couldnt communicate with land and had to manually move the rudders

Hifaluten Member
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Actually most airports or airlines now do a secondary boarding pass/passport check before boarding. But that isn't going to spot a fake passport unless it's a bad fake.
    Sorry if it already mentioned but media is now saying the two fellas travelling on fake passports were of Asian appearance ... while both the chaps that had their passports nicked were white asses. Fkd if I know how they'd get past the check at the ticket counter, then immigration, then pre-boarding - maybe the latest media stuff is wrong

Last Online

Thanks for the link, I am not familiar with this newspaper but then I don't live in the area. However;

The majority of Chinese media outlets have expressed skepticism over the statement or dismissed it outright, suggesting it is likely a hoax made up by opportunists looking to inflame ethnic tensions following a series of attacks by separatists in northwest China's Xinjiang Uyghur autonomous region and a mass stabbing in the Yunnan capital of Kunming this month that left at least 33 people dead.
    Seems few if anybody is taking them seriously.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Actually most airports or airlines now do a secondary boarding pass/passport check before boarding. But that isn't going to spot a fake passport unless it's a bad fake.
    Sorry if it already mentioned but media is now saying the two fellas travelling on fake passports were of Asian appearance ... while both the chaps that had their passports nicked were white asses. Fkd if I know how they'd get past the check at the ticket counter, then immigration, then pre-boarding - maybe the latest media stuff is wrong
    The stolen Passports photos may have been changed to that of the Asians

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Fluke, you have to stop believing dramatized reality shows. From Wiki,

Flight TS 236 took off from Toronto at 0:52 (UTC) on Friday August 24, 2001 (local time: 8:52 pm (ET) on Thursday August 23, 2001) bound for Lisbon. There were 293 passengers and thirteen crew members on board. The aircraft was an Airbus A330 registered as C-GITS that was manufactured in March 1999, configured with 362 seats and placed in service by Air Transat in April 1999. Leaving the gate in Toronto, the aircraft had 46.9 tonnes of fuel on board, 4.5 tonnes more than required by regulations.[1][3]
    At 05:16 UTC, a cockpit warning system chimed and warned of low oil temperature and high oil pressure on engine #2. There was no obvious connection between an oil temperature or pressure problem and a fuel leak. Consequently Captain Piché, who had 16,800 hours of flight experience,[3] and First Officer DeJager, who had 4,800 flight hours,[3] suspected they were false warnings and shared that opinion with their maintenance control center, who advised them to monitor the situation.
    At 05:36 UTC, the pilots received a warning of fuel imbalance. Not knowing at this point that they had a fuel leak, they followed a standard procedure to remedy the imbalance by transferring fuel from the left wing tank, to the near-empty right wing tank.
    Unknown to the pilots, the aircraft had developed a fuel leak in a line to the #2 engine. The fuel transfer caused fuel from the left wing tank to be lost through the leak in the line to the #2 engine. The fractured fuel line, which was leaking at about one gallon per second, caused a higher than normal fuel flow through the fuel-oil heat exchanger (FOHE), which in turn led to a drop in oil temperature and a rise in oil pressure for the #2 engine.[4]
    Azores

Toronto

Lisbon

Locations in the North Atlantic related to Flight 236

At 05:45 UTC, the pilots decided to divert to Lajes Air Base in the Azores. They declared a fuel emergency with Santa Maria Oceanic air traffic control three minutes later.
    At 06:13 UTC, while still 135 miles (217 km) from Lajes,[5] engine #2 flamed out because of fuel starvation. Captain Piché then initiated a descent to 33,000 feet (10,000 m), which was the proper single-engine altitude for the weight of the plane at that time. Ten minutes later, the crew sent a Mayday to Santa Maria Oceanic air traffic control.
    Thirteen minutes later, approximately 65 nautical miles (120 km) from Lajes Air Base, engine #1 also flamed out.[3] Without engine power, the plane lost its primary source of electrical power. The emergency ram air turbine was deployed automatically to provide essential power for critical sensors and instruments to fly the aircraft. However the aircraft lost its main hydraulic power, which operates the flaps, alternate brakes, and spoilers. The slats would still be powered, however, when the flaps #1 position was selected.
    Military air traffic controllers guided the aircraft to the airport with their radar system. The descent rate of the plane was about 2,000 feet (600 metres) per minute. They calculated they had about 15 to 20 minutes left before they would be forced to ditch in the ocean. The air base was sighted a few minutes later. Captain Piché had to execute one 360 degree turn, and then a series of "S" turns, to dissipate excess altitude.
    At 06:45 UTC, the plane touched down hard, approximately 1,030 feet (310 m) past the threshold of Runway 33, at a speed of approximately 200 knots (370 km/h), bounced once and then touched down again, approximately 2,800 feet (850 m) from the threshold. Maximum emergency braking was applied and retained, and the plane came to a stop 7,600 feet (2,300 m) from the threshold of that 10,000 feet (3,000 m) runway. Since they had lost the anti-skid and brake modulation systems, the eight main wheels locked up; its tires abraded and fully deflated within 450 feet (140 m).[3] Fourteen passengers and two crew members suffered minor injuries, while two passengers suffered serious injuries during the evacuation of the aircraft. The plane suffered structural damage to the main landing gear and the lower fuselage.
    I saw the show they had radio contact, how the hell do you think they landed?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    The stolen Passports photos may have been changed to that of the Asians
    Or to American so Mexicans and South Americans can sneak in. Please stay on your stand up thread. You know or remember jack shit about anything.

Hifaluten Member
    Last Online
    he stolen Passports photos may have been changed to that of the Asians
    I guess so but Mr. Wong or Mr. Raj rocks up at airport with a name like Mr. Luigi Maraldi I guess the fellas at immigration just accept that on some absurd basis that he must be the long lost son of the Asian chap that designed Mario Cart. Buggered if I know.

Last Online
    @
    back to the current plane incident

Oil slick not from plane, says MMEA
    Updated: Monday March 10, 2014 MYT 6:29:43 PM

PASIR PUTEH: Tests on a sample of the oil slick found off the Kelantan coast reveal that it was not from the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight.

Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) eastern region enforcement chief Datuk Nasir Adam revealed test results showed that it was bunkering activities.

"This is information I received from Kuala Lumpur. The oil slick is from bunkering activities and not from an aircraft," said Nasir at the MMEA's base in Tok Bali here on Monday.

Officials at the MH370 operation coordinating centre in Sepang said this was confirmed by the Chemistry Department.

On Sunday, MMEA's search team found a "yellowish" oil slick about 10 miles (16km) long, some 20 nautical miles (37km) south of the last point of contact of MH370.

Hifaluten Member
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by prawnograph
    Oil slick not from plane, says MMEA
    Surprise surfuckin surprise that one hey ... damn middle of the Gulf of Thailand which is epicentre of the South China Sea's oil and gas pdcn ... oil all over the place out there

Last Online
    @
    They had no power at all, couldnt communicate with land and had to manually move the rudders
    So what aircraft are you talking about, because it wasn't a commercial airliner and thus totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Last Online
    @
    I was joking about Bruce Willis being the pilot .
    The link that you gave seems to be the documentary that I saw .
    Oh good, in that case watch it again because it tells you quite clearly:

Without engine power, the plane lost its primary source of electrical power. The emergency ram air turbine was deployed automatically to provide essential power for critical sensors and instruments to fly the aircraft. However the aircraft lost its main hydraulic power, which operates the flaps, alternate brakes, and spoilers. The slats would still be powered, however, when the flaps #1 position was selected.
    Military air traffic controllers guided the aircraft to the airport with their radar system.
    And stop spouting nonsense.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    26-05-2015 @ 02:47 PM
    ^^^ & ^Some interesting points but the object of terrorists is to terrify, would you not agree? The incident at Bejing railway station would achieve this through media reports along with other events most notably 9/11.
    I think you mean Kunming railway station? Other end of the country.

Last Online
    ^ Yes you are correct edited, thanks.
    Last edited by Ronin; 10-03-2014 at 09:17 PM.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    Unheard-of Chinese group claims responsibility - reports

A group that calls itself the Chinese Martyrs' Brigade has claimed responsibility for crashing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which has remained missing after losing contact with ground control at 1:20am on Saturday.

The previously unheard-of group sent a PDF statement to various journalists in China on March 9, saying, "You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as pay back."

The majority of Chinese media outlets have expressed skepticism over the statement or dismissed it outright, suggesting it is likely a hoax made up by opportunists looking to inflame ethnic tensions following a series of attacks by separatists in northwest China’s Xinjiang Uyghur autonomous region and a mass stabbing in the Yunnan capital of Kunming this month that left at least 33 people dead.

Analysts say the credibility of the statement is dubious as the group claiming responsibility for flight MH370 did not divulge any details as to how it crashed the plane. The PDF statement was also sent via the encrypted Hushmail anonymous remailer service which cannot be replied to or easily traced.

Chinese authorities have not responded to the statement or its claims.

The Boeing 777-200 commercial jet, carrying 239 people including 153 Chinese citizens and a Taiwanese national, was scheduled to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Malaysia Airlines said it was not ruling out any possibilities, including terrorism, after it was discovered that two of the passengers aboard the flight were carrying stolen passports.

Malaysia’s home minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has confirmed following review of closed-circuit television footage that the two passengers are of Asian appearance, which raises questions over the adequacy of customs security given that the passports were stolen from an Italian and an Austrian national.

A spokesperson for Malaysia Air, however, said that all the photographs had matched the passports of the passengers.

Records show that the two passengers had booked their flights together with China Southern, which was codesharing MH370 with Malyasia Air. It was the first time the passports had been used since they were stolen in Thailand in 2012 and 2013, respectively.

Two other suspect identities are also being checked as Malaysian authorities continue to work with international agencies including the FBI. One of them is a Chinese passenger surnamed Zhao whose passport number is identical to that of a 37-year-old Fuzhou man surnamed Yu.

Yu told authorities that the passport has never been used and remains in his safe at home after he applied for it in 2007. Fuzhou police said they suspect the passport number on the manifest may have been printed in error.

-- The Nation 2014-03-10

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
    he stolen Passports photos may have been changed to that of the Asians
    I guess so but Mr. Wong or Mr. Raj rocks up at airport with a name like Mr. Luigi Maraldi I guess the fellas at immigration just accept that on some absurd basis that he must be the long lost son of the Asian chap that designed Mario Cart. Buggered if I know.
    The two guys with stolen passports were Black, and its not uncommon for Black people to have Western names

Last Online
    @

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Hunt for Mr Ali: Mystery Iranian businessman 'bought tickets used by men on stolen passports' who boarded doomed Malaysian Airlines flight to China

An Iranian businessman known only as Mr Ali is understood to have booked the tickets for the two passengers using the stolen passports of the missing Malaysian Airlines plane, it has emerged.
    Authorities had today still found no trace of the missing plane despite searches by ships from six navies and dozens of military aircraft.
    A Thai travel agent who arranged the tickets for the two passengers has now said she had booked them on the flight via Beijing because they were the cheapest tickets, it has been reported.
    The travel agent in the resort of Pattaya said an Iranian business contact she knew only as 'Mr Ali' had asked her to book tickets for the two men on March 1.
    She had initially booked them on other airlines but those reservations expired and on March 6, Mr Ali had asked her to book them again. She told the Financial Times she did not think Mr Ali, who paid her in cash and booked tickets with her regularly, was linked to terrorism.

Page 9 of 165 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959109 ... LastLast

Thread Information