Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

FIFA quash idea of summer World Cup in Qatar

FIFA quash idea of summer World Cup in Qatar
    Charles Pulling
    Wednesday, January 8th, 2014

In keeping with its controversial inception the Qatar 2022 World Cup has not failed to disappoint in terms of controversial developments.

In keeping with the genesis so far comes todays announcement by FIFA that it’s premiere tournament will definitely not be played in the sumer time.

Speaking to French radio FIFA general Secretary Jerome Valcke cited that the decision was based on the best interests of the players taking part, adding that:
    “If you play between 15 November and the end of December that’s the time when the weather conditions are best, when you can play in temperatures equivalent to a warm spring season in Europe, averaging 25 degrees. That would be perfect for playing football.”
    Bearing in mind the 2023 African Cup Of Nations takes place in January of that year and the fact that any European winter break wouldn’t happen earlier than mid-December it is looking an increasing untenable situation for Qatar 2022.

Despite bidding for the World Cup based on the proviso it was held in June/July and making assertions that technology would solve the issue of extreme heat during those months its has become clear that this would not be the case, adding another embarrassing set back for both Qatar and FIFA that already includes questions over bribery in the bidding process, working conditions for those working on the stadia, laws surrounding LGBT rights in the country and Qatar’s restrictions on alcoholic drinks.

backpagefootball.com

I am in Jail

Last Online
    19-06-2023 @ 09:10 PM
    Why cant they play the games in July with a 3 AM kick off ?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Travel, training, visitors etc.

Thus Qatar won the bid under false pretences.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    15-05-2023 @ 10:57 AM
    Under the fukkin table payments more like.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Yeah them too

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    21-07-2016 @ 04:28 AM
    Sepp Blatter is the main man, he does not and i repeat NOT take back handers in brown envelopes.
    Flies 2nd. class and stays in 3* hotels, we have been blessed with Sepp representing world football for years.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Travel, training, visitors etc.

Thus Qatar won the bid under false pretences.
    Those wont be an issue, Players will be traveling to Qatar from all over the World, everyone will just need to adapt their body clocks to Qatari nightime

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    even FIFA has to make a decent call every now and then.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:48 PM
    I've said it many times, the FA, IPL and other major leagues worldwide need to pull out of FIFA and form their own organization. No more world cups or any tournament should be supported under that totally corrupt organization...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    ^ hear here.

supporters have to suffer the heat also.

craziest place on earth to play the bootiful game.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke
    An American is slapping his head. How many games are played and how many starting times are there? Its not one stadium and one game mate.

Those wont be an issue, Players will be traveling to Qatar from all over the World, everyone will just need to adapt their body clocks to Qatari nightime
    What about the spectators and the TV revenue from around the world?

You just type dont you?

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    An American is slapping his head. How many games are played and how many starting times are there? Its not one stadium and one game mate.

What about the spectators and the TV revenue from around the world?

You just type dont you?
    FFS , every one is on a different timezone , it wont be 3 AM kick offs for everyone in the World!!!!!
    3 AM in Dubai will be 3 PM 4 PM 5 PM(etc etc )elsewhere in the World

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:48 PM
    ^ Fluke, just out of interest, if you're in a pub and somebody doesn't stand up for the prematch anthems, so you go and have a word?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by dobella View Post
    Sepp Blatter is the main man, he does not and i repeat NOT take back handers in brown envelopes.
    Flies 2nd. class and stays in 3* hotels, we have been blessed with Sepp representing world football for years.
    So what, he's blind to the rest of them doing it

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    Not quite sure where your coming from there being a Kiwi (massive interest and product into world football) but we in the proper footballing world love Sepp, he has taken nothing out of the game and given the rich arab state of Quatar the jewel in the crown in temperatures that will kill unless litres of water are consumed by the players.
    More input is needed by you Willy, you know everything about everything.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Think that he was being sarcastic, Sepp travels everywhere in his own FIFA paid for private jet and stays at 5* hotels

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Think that he was being sarcastic, Sepp travels everywhere in his own FIFA paid for private jet and stays at 5* hotels
    Fluke, it was lost on the know all Wilson but he will comment on anything even stuff he knows fcuk all about.
    Look at his post numbers, very impressive but content is zero.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Really?

You do realise that we get newspapers in kiwi land these days.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Fluke, it was lost on the know all Wilson but he will comment on anything even stuff he knows fcuk all about.
    Look at his post numbers, very impressive but content is zero.
    The problem with bigoted, angry old men like you is that you get shown up for the fool that you are once and then you harbour a grudge for months afterwards, if not forever

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    FFS , every one is on a different timezone , it wont be 3 AM kick offs for everyone in the World!!!!! 3 AM in Dubai will be 3 PM 4 PM 5 PM(etc etc )elsewhere in the World
    Where? What time will it be in England for a 3am kickoff for the first of 8 hours of games?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    The problem with bigoted, angry old men
    Less of the old there you punk, i am a spritly ex-boxer in good nick i will let you know, racist and bigoted i may be but i am in good shape. - ha ha.
    I have met so many quality Kiwis in my working life but you really are letting your team down with a pathetic need to put in a post when you know fckuing nothing about a subject.
    But continue Willy as you are so entertaining with your stupidity.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    FFS , every one is on a different timezone , it wont be 3 AM kick offs for everyone in the World!!!!! 3 AM in Dubai will be 3 PM 4 PM 5 PM(etc etc )elsewhere in the World
    Where? What time will it be in England for a 3am kickoff for the first of 8 hours of games?

I dont know, but its a world games being participated in from Countries from all over the globe , in some countries the kick off time will be convenient, in other countries it wont be .

Last Online
    @
    Blatter has pulled back from this and says it won't happen without full consultation with all the other confederations that he's paid off over the years. Or something.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    Europe has top billing for tv rights to World Cup 2014 (13 teams participating) thus Brazil has to fall into line with ko's that are conducive to euro stay at home fans.

Even England's 2 am BST ko has been altered to 11pm to restrict the 'phoning in sick risk' to employers. Personally I believe that English fans will be puking up regardless of the ko time.

FIFA will also need to bring the arabs into line with europe. It doesn't look good if they can't negotiate a winter WC

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lick View Post
    Europe has top billing for tv rights to World Cup 2014 (13 teams participating) thus Brazil has to fall into line with ko's that are conducive to euro stay at home fans.

Even England's 2 am BST ko has been altered to 11pm to restrict the 'phoning in sick risk' to employers. Personally I believe that English fans will be puking up regardless of the ko time.

FIFA will also need to bring the arabs into line with europe. It doesn't look good if they can't negotiate a winter WC
    11 PM UK time is 2 AM Qatar time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information