Last Online
    14-11-2013 @ 12:22 AM

Propane/LPG refrigerator

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these in Thailand (preferably South)? I've tried but to no avail. I also looked into importing one myself but I can't find a decent priced shipping company to receive and handle the customs... (unless you can recommend one of those who speak English)

Thanks

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    suspect you are on a mission to pain .

there are some avaibable on e-bay ........................

lpg refrigerator | eBay
    Last edited by Mid; 10-11-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    I think the sale of domestic ammonia absorption fridges ended 20 years ago so the chances of finding a secondhand one is slim.
    You might be able to still get a commercial model but I expect that will be too big for you.

I think your best bet would be to try a boat builder, they might have a 3 way fridge.

Gohills flip-flops wearer
    Last Online
    13-04-2024 @ 11:05 PM

Last Online
    Car battery powered fridge?

Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    The OP specified LPG/propane but here's a link to solar fridges in Bangkok

Save Energy Thailand. Renewable Energy Solutions Based In Bangkok Thailand

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrosMo View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy one of these in Thailand (preferably South)? I've tried but to no avail. I also looked into importing one myself but I can't find a decent priced shipping company to receive and handle the customs... (unless you can recommend one of those who speak English)

Thanks
    They are probably still around but would suggest that they are somewhat dangerous (continuously lit pilot flame).
    Assume you want to use one domestically because of power cuts?
    If marine or trailer application definite no no....
    Up to you but maybe better to use a 240v unit and try to keep the door shut... or get yourself a generator or inverter?

Last Online
    Thanks for the replies... my house is on an island with no permanent electrical power so everything is solar or propane. I did find a company in China via Alibaba (Coner Gas) that I can import from but it's been actually quite difficult to find a company to deal with the brokerage for a reasonable price. Price of fridge (~240L in size incl freezer) delivered to Bangkok is $500 USD but then the brokerage firms want $400 to receive it (just in fees! There's no Thai duty on this item), and then one even wanted another $1500 to deliver it to Ranong!

The fridge company did say they have shipped to Thailand before and have CE certification for it and they said they are currently in negotiations with a company here to actually distribute it but I am looking for something sooner than later.

I have a small solar system for lights, water pump etc, but to run a normal refrigerator I would have to upgrade it for quite considerable $ to run continuously... And a I have a good Honda generator but I can't run that all day/night. I'll check out the solar models on the linked page....

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    If you live on an island without reliable electricity, why do you not already have a generator?

OK, you have a generator......Missed the last sentence of the above post.
    Last edited by rickschoppers; 13-11-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrosMo
    And a I have a good Honda generator but I can't run that all day/night.

Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers
    why do you not already have a generator?
    ?????

Last Online
    haha... thanks withnallstoke I was just about to respond the same. It wouldn't make sense to run a gas genny at night or even half the day... I live pretty basic when I am there (December to April) and do so because of the quiet.

Currently I have one of the ubiquitous large Thai ice cooler chests that I fill with 4 huge solid blocks of ice every 10 days... but lugging the ice up from the beach and keeping the water drained is getting old quick (just like me sometimes

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Thanks for the replies... my house is on an island with no permanent electrical power so everything is solar or propane. I did find a company in China via Alibaba (Coner Gas) that I can import from but it's been actually quite difficult to find a company to deal with the brokerage for a reasonable price. Price of fridge (~240L in size incl freezer) delivered to Bangkok is $500 USD but then the brokerage firms want $400 to receive it (just in fees! There's no Thai duty on this item), and then one even wanted another $1500 to deliver it to Ranong!
    The problem with imports is one has to go to customs then get the unit transported from the port then to the destination in Bkk etc. Could be the brokerage cost is the same for one as it is for 10!

BKK to Ranong should not be that bad if it is the same company that goes daily to, say, Phuket.
    Better to think inside the pub, than outside the box?
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    Those who cannot change their mind, cannot change anything.

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    If you were handy you could try making an icy ball.

Home Built IcyBall

Perfect for off grid living.
    Can be used for aircon also.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM

Last Online
    08-07-2017 @ 01:13 AM

The fridge company did say they have shipped to Thailand before and have CE certification for it and they said they are currently in negotiations with a company here to actually distribute it but I am looking for something sooner than later.

I have a small solar system for lights, water pump etc, but to run a normal refrigerator I would have to upgrade it for quite considerable $ to run continuously... And a I have a good Honda generator but I can't run that all day/night. I'll check out the solar models on the linked page....
    I am in a similar situation as BigBrosMo. There were some helpful links in the thread but most are dead now

I'm looking for a 3-way gas fridge - anyone know where in Bangkok I might be able to find one?

@BigBrosMo - which company was it that was planning on distributing here in Thailand?

Any help massively appreciated as I'm getting nowhere on my own....

last farang standing
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Try this company they might be able to help and at least let you know where there is a distributor. It is an Australian company.

DP Refrigeration | ArctiCold LPG Gas Fridges & Freezers | 12 V Bushman Portable Fridges | Consul

Thread Information