Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-03-2016 @ 09:24 AM
    as long as its your neighborhood boon

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Hound View Post
    as long as its your neighborhood boon
    Why do you think I live in the jungles of Thailand?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    even better Boon... "real freedom loving americans" won't care because it full of brown people... except you of course...

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Hound View Post
    even better Boon... "real freedom loving americans" won't care because it full of brown people... except you of course...
    Wait! What's that up in the sky over Honolulu? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! it's an Obama Drone keeping an ear & an eye out for evil-doers and purveyors of thought-crime!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Kenya... I mean Honolulu is the messiah's home turf baby... we ain't getting bombed unless the Japanese want to try that shit again!

Last Online
    Heh...there goes another falsehood blown out of the water re the Tea Party!

"Tea Party radicals" are actually scientifically literate.

You know that line liberals love to lob at the Tea Party: you're stupid. Well, obviously that's not the case, nor has it ever been true. Now, a Yale professor has released some new research showing that the so-called "Tea Party radicals" are actually scientifically literate.

Professor Dan M. Kahan of the psychology department at Yale says he was surprised to discover a positive correlation between science comprehension and members of the Tea Party:

"Identifying with the Tea Party correlates positively (r = 0.05, p = 0.05) with scores on the science comprehension measure."

"I've got to confess, though, I found this result surprising. As I pushed the button to run the analysis on my computer, I fully expected I'd be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension."

"But then again, I don't know a single person who identifies with the Tea Party. All my impressions come from watching cable tv -- & I don't watch Fox News very often -- and reading the "paper" (New York Times daily, plus a variety of politics-focused internet sites like Huffington Post & Politico)."

Yale Professor 'Embarrassed' to Discover Tea Party Members are Scientifically Literate | CNS News

Just like the rest of you brain-washed LIV's!
    A Deplorable Bitter Clinger

Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    Last Online
    @
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.

In this dataset, I found that there is a small correlation (r = -0.05, p = 0.03) between the science comprehension measure and a left-right political outlook measure, Conservrepub, which aggregates liberal-conservative ideology and party self-identification. The sign of the correlation indicates that science comprehension decreases as political outlooks move in the rightward direction--i.e., the more "liberal" and "Democrat," the more science comprehending.
    ~ Prof Dan Kahan.

www.culturalcognition.net - Cultural Cognition Blog - Some data on education, religiosity, ideology, and science[at]comprehension

Nice try Boon but no cigar.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by quimbian corholla View Post

In this dataset, I found that there is a small correlation (r = -0.05, p = 0.03) between the science comprehension measure and a left-right political outlook measure, Conservrepub, which aggregates liberal-conservative ideology and party self-identification. The sign of the correlation indicates that science comprehension decreases as political outlooks move in the rightward direction--i.e., the more "liberal" and "Democrat," the more science comprehending.
    ~ Prof Dan Kahan.

www.culturalcognition.net - Cultural Cognition Blog - Some data on education, religiosity, ideology, and science[at]comprehension

The main point was, obviously, that the more insular one is i.e. news gathered thru biased (heavily) sources, the less one actually knows about the Tea Party and its goals.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    14-09-2014 @ 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post

~ Prof Dan Kahan.

The main point was, obviously, that the more insular one is i.e. news gathered thru biased (heavily) sources, the less one actually knows about the Tea Party and its goals.
    ^ Well, just what the hell does the Tea Party stand for these days? During Obama's first term it seemed their primary goal was to fight against his re-election. Epic fail.

Now? Defund / Delay Obamacare... FAIL

Tea Party darling Sarah Palin doesn't seem to have a clue either...

So tell us Booners, what the heck does the Tea Party fringe actually hope to accomplish now that 3 out of 4 Americans think they suck?

Last Online
    @

~ Prof Dan Kahan.

this has to be the third or fourth time this has happened in as many weeks.

Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    Last Online
    @
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBKK
    Come on Tony, try to keep up old bean!

https://teakdoor.com/speakers-corner/...ml#post2590139 (FOX "news")

Quote Originally Posted by raycarey
    It could quite easily have been the third or fourth time in as many days but sometimes I have to do this nasty thing called w0rk.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBKK
    Come on Tony, try to keep up old bean!

https://teakdoor.com/speakers-corner/...ml#post2590139 (FOX "news")

Quote Originally Posted by raycarey
    It could quite easily have been the third or fourth time in as many days but sometimes I have to do this nasty thing called w0rk.
    Har, har, har - guess y'all missed post #533?

"The main point was, obviously, that the more insular one is i.e. news gathered thru biased (heavily) sources, the less one actually knows about the Tea Party and its goals."

Do try to keep the plot there Quim.

RA's tenuous grasp of the facts can be explained but you...?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Oh dear, more bad news for the Teanderthals...

The Twitterverse crackles with threats, insults and the names of the 27 GOP senators and 87 GOP House members who voted for the leadership's agreement that reopened the government and raised the nation's borrowing limit. Republicans got none of their demands, keeping only the spending cuts they had won in 2011.

Within hours, TeaParty.net tweeted a link to the 114 lawmakers, tagging each as a Republican in name only who should be turned out of office: "Your 2014 #RINO hunting list!"

^ Goodness, is that a threat??!?

And Bloomberg lampoons Raf Cruz on the cover while declaring Republican Civil War: Business Groups v. Tea Party

Republican Civil War Erupts: Business Groups v. Tea Party - Bloomberg

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    You guys hear about this disgusting Tea Party hypocrite?

Tea Partier With 10 Kids On Medicaid Says Gov’t Shouldn’t Play Role in Healthcare

Hypocrisy is nothing new for our right-leaning friends. Take for instance Tea Partier Greg Collett, a 41-year-old FATHER OF TEN. Collett’s opinion on Obamacare, as reported by NBC:
    “I don’t think that the government should be involved in health care or health insurance. The issue for me is that it is not the proper role of government.
    He counts himself among the 29 percent of people who hate the ACA, and has opted to pay the $95 fee in lieu of getting heath coverage through the ACA. But really, it’s just because he doesn’t want government involved in his healthcare. He even homeschools his kids, because not only is it not the government’s place to provide healthcare…he don’t even want the gummint using them professhinil edjucaters adjewdicating his kids. A man who stands on principle, to be sure. So, where do Caldwell’s ten kids get their healthcare from? Here’s a hint: They live in Idaho.

That’s right…MEDICAID!

Read more at: Tea Partier With 10 Kids On Medicaid Says Gov't Shouldn't Play Role in Healthcare | Americans Against the Tea Party

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Is the Tea Party just a rebranded Klu Klux Klan or the last remnants of the Confederacy?

Consider the fact that the Republican Party is 89% white, and the Tea Party fringe is even whiter. (Republican Base Heavily White, Conservative, Religious)

Consider the fact that Tea Party politicians still fly the Confederate Flag, the flag of the states that attempted to secede from the Union, and a symbol of southern racism and bigotry.

Last Online
    @

Received an email from Mr. Grayson. In the e-mail you were shown the picture (above) and linked to a video he did with Al Sharpton.

More teabagger news,.......

Newest GOP primary target: Mike Lee? « Hot Air

Lee’s approval ratings in Utah have cratered, and prominent Republicans and local business executives are openly discussing the possibility of mounting a primary challenge against him. Top Republicans are also maneuvering to redesign the party’s nomination system in a way that would likely make it more difficult for Lee to win reelection in 2016

yada, yada

Then again, at the rate we’re going, the GOP and the tea party will be two fully separate entities by 2016, so maybe this is all academic.

Utah Data Points | Data-based political science

Tea Party Express: We are under siege!

In a fundraising email sent out Wednesday afternoon, the Tea Party Express said it was “under siege” from Democrats and liberals following the government shutdown.

“We have been under constant attack by the slanderous rhetoric of the Democrats and mainstream media. We are simply patriotic Americans that are concerned with the out-of-control federal budget and the expansion and intrusiveness of the government, yet we are called ‘bigots,’ ‘terrorists,’ ‘anarchists,’ and the list goes on,” the email said.

Cry Babies
    Last edited by S Landreth; 24-10-2013 at 12:23 AM.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Last Online
    42% Identify with the Tea Party

Voters are evenly divided when asked whether they agree more politically with President Obama or with the average member of the Tea Party. But an enormous partisan gap colors virtually all opinions of the Tea Party.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 42% of Likely U.S. Voters think the president’s views are closest to their own when it comes to the major issues facing the country. But just as many (42%) say their views come closest to those of the average Tea Party member."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/october_2013/42_identify_with_obama_politically_42_with_the_tea _party] Source

Maybe it's not so far-fetched we see President Cruz cruise on into Big White, eh?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    ^ Oh yes pretty please let's hope the Teanderthals are stupid enough to give Raf the GOP nomination- it will be the biggest route the RethugliKKKans have ever suffered.

Last Online
    Heh...those Tea Party rubes best Obamacare-gullible elites

jon gabriel @ExJon Resolved: Those unsophisticated Tea Party rubes had Obamacare figured out from the start while our gullible elites fell for it.

St Obama of Assisi @Saint_Obama
    @ExJon @proud2b4family Seems they had a hankerin' about #Benghazi not being caused by a youtube video too.

Barbara @Wyobar
    Frustrating to have to just shake our heads & say, "sorry, we knew & tried to tell you" @ExJon @NolteNC

Yes indeed, it's heavy Schadenfreude Time.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Bravo Teanderthals! The Tea Party has handed the state of Virginia to the Democrats on a silver platter

Opposition to tea party reaches a high in Virginia, according to poll

Opposition to the tea party movement has reached a high in Virginia, a Washington Post/Abt SRBI poll shows, kicking a key leg of support out from under Ken Cuccinelli II as he tries to win the governor’s race on a strongly conservative platform.
    Cuccinelli (R), the state attorney general, trails businessman Terry McAuliffe (D) by 12 percentage points among likely voters, the survey shows. And Cuccinelli’s decline comes as Virginians are increasingly turned off by the movement that has backed him strongly and with which he shares many views.

Independents have soured most dramatically on the tea party: Fifty-five percent oppose the movement, up from 37 percent in May 2011. It’s also opposed by 80 percent of Democrats and 23 percent of Republicans.

Read more:

Va. poll finds greater opposition to tea party, crucial wing of support for Cuccinelli - The Washington Post

Last Online
    This isn't really a surprise now is it?

Judicial Watch Obtains Email Showing IRS Lois Lerner Illegally Gave Tea Party Information To The FEC

The Internal Revenue Service shared highly confidential tax information of several Tea Party groups in the IRS scandal with the Federal Election Commission, a clear violation of federal law, according to newly obtained emails.

The public watchdog group Judicial Watch told Secrets Thursday that it was former scandal boss Lois Lerner who shared the information on groups including the American Future Fund and the American Issues Project.
    The emails obtained by Judicial Watch show that the IRS, which was considering the tax status of the groups, gave the FEC the tax returns of the groups, including income, expenditures and staff pay. The emails also revealed the exact working of the prying political questions the IRS wanted the groups to reveal, such as their goals and the requests for brochures and ads."

IRS' Lois Lerner gave confidential Tea Party tax info to FEC, violating law | WashingtonExaminer.com

Jog this poster's memory. Wasn't it a short while ago that Lois Lerner famously told the House Oversight Committee "I've Done Nothing Wrong"?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    This isn't really a surprise now is it?

Judicial Watch Obtains Email Showing IRS Lois Lerner Illegally Gave Tea Party Information To The FEC

The Internal Revenue Service shared highly confidential tax information of several Tea Party groups in the IRS scandal with the Federal Election Commission, a clear violation of federal law, according to newly obtained emails.

The public watchdog group Judicial Watch told Secrets Thursday that it was former scandal boss Lois Lerner who shared the information on groups including the American Future Fund and the American Issues Project.
    The emails obtained by Judicial Watch show that the IRS, which was considering the tax status of the groups, gave the FEC the tax returns of the groups, including income, expenditures and staff pay. The emails also revealed the exact working of the prying political questions the IRS wanted the groups to reveal, such as their goals and the requests for brochures and ads."

IRS' Lois Lerner gave confidential Tea Party tax info to FEC, violating law | WashingtonExaminer.com

Jog this poster's memory. Wasn't it a short while ago that Lois Lerner famously told the House Oversight Committee "I've Done Nothing Wrong"?
    Dude, that's ancient news. Why are they pretending it's something new? Slow news day? Screaming BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI isn't having the desired effect anymore?

Last Online
    Last week Alan Grayson (D(umbass)-FL) sent out an email comparing the Tea Party to the KKK, even liberals at MSNBC couldn't swallow that jagged pill and as a result Grayson accused them of being FOR the Tea Party!

Here are a couple of responses here and here. But nothing beats what a leader of The North Texas Tea Party (Texas, you know, a state that seceded to preserve the slave system run by Democrats) had to say...

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @

Tea Party Follows Ku Klux Klan Ideology

The tea party is the modern incarnation of the KKK. Make no doubt.

For the past 21 months, and during this election cycle, there is an increase in hate and vitriol from groups like the Tea Party (led by Jim DeMint et al) that are directly tied to the Ku Klux Klan‘s ideology. There are members of the Tea Party who are not blatant racists, but for the most part, teabaggers espouse a return to a white-only America that is in direct contrast to the Constitution and freedoms it guarantees for all Americans.

Unlike the KKK, teabagger groups mask their bigoted philosophy with notions of protecting liberty and returning to the strictest interpretation of the Constitution. Regardless the teabag rhetoric, at the core is a hatred of gays, immigrants, Jews, people of color, and non-Christians, which is exactly the same philosophy of the KKK.

The “birther” movement that denies President Obama is an American citizen and the 14TH Amendment revisionist movement are a direct response to a black man in the Oval Office. Like the Ku Klux Klan, these bigots insist that America is a whites-only nation, and a black man as President is unacceptable; and in their opinion, illegal. The birther movement and the KKK share the belief that our first black president is not a real American.

There is an alarming movement in some states to deny citizenship to immigrant’s children in violation of the 14TH Amendment, and it is aimed primarily at Hispanics. The KKK hates immigrants and minorities, and now they have agents in the teabaggers who are trying to drive minorities out of the country. It is a step to denying citizenship to any person of color, and like Nazi Germany, people are getting caught up in the herd-mentality and joining the battle against non-white Americans. It is no coincidence that the KKK uses the swastika as their symbol, and it is ironic that teabaggers accuse President Obama of being a Nazi when they follow KKK ideology.

People who live in the southern United States understand that the culture of bigotry is ingrained in many from the South, and many southerners condone the KKK and teabagger philosophy. If the South had the assets, they would fight the Civil War again for the sole purpose of banning immigrants, people of color, Jews, gays, and non-Christians from being American.

Politicians like Jim DeMint, Ken Cuccinelli (VA-R), and many other Republican/teabaggers from the south are imposing their Christian morals on the American people by demonizing gays and Muslims. Teabaggers believe America is a Christian nation, and like the Ku Klux Klan, campaign to purify America by enforcing archaic biblical laws to purge non-compliant citizens from the country.

The Ku Klux Klan burns bible-crosses to glorify Jesus Christ and openly declare their hatred for Jews, Muslims, and Catholics. It is not far removed from Daniel Webster’s (FL-R) wishes to make biblical stoning punishment for heresy. In the case of Webster and the KKK, heresy is any teaching that is NOT evangelical Christian, and their beliefs are those of the Christian Reconstructionist movement.

This week the NAACP released a report showing the connection between 6 Tea Party groups and extremists like the Ku Klux Klan, supporting the idea that teabaggers are racially motivated. Observers have felt the teabags are racist based on the representation of white people at teabagger gatherings, and their hatred for immigrants; the NAACP report substantiates that belief.

With the rise in popularity of the teabag movement, the true bigoted nature of many in America is made manifest and one has to wonder just how prevalent the KKK’s influence on American politics will become. Obviously, the KKK and teabagger mentality is not confined to southern states and shows the scope and breadth of bigots all across America.

Hopefully, exposing the connection between the Ku Klux Klan and the Tea Party will alarm and anger decent Americans enough that teabag candidates and their racially motivated policies will be shunned. However, with the mood of the country becoming more hateful and bigoted toward minorities and non-Christians, it looks like very dark days ahead for everyone in America. Because just as hate and frenzy steered Nazi Germany, it is having the same effect here in America…land of the free, home of the bigot.

Tea Party Follows Ku Klux Klan Ideology | Politicus USA's Archives

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    It's a bit late now for the Tea party to be advertising it's warm and fuzzy credentials, and telling us what nice people they really are (hey, whats $28,000,000,000 between suffering friends, just spare change right?). The damage is already done, mainly to the GOP. No doubt there are teabaggers that help old ladies cross the street, and show girl guides how to make cookies- but they seem to be obscured behind those darn confederate flags, and we all know what that stands for.

It's a bit late for the neo-'republican' party to be conspicuously distancing itself from the embarrassing teabaggers too- we've had five years plus of birtherism, and all sorts of other childish conspiracy theories being shoved down the throats of the mindless and gullible, with the full participation of the GOP and conservomedia complex. Too late to go hug a snow white puppy now- they are thoroughly tainted in the eyes of a whole generation of Americans, in particular those just coming into prime voting and productivity age. Err in haste, repent at leisure.
    Last edited by sabang; 07-11-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread Information