Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mao say dung View Post
    Yup... compared to a few hundred years of slavery, the KKK and lynchings etc... and all the history of the horrors of white supremacist racism, that sure is a reason to be a racist asshole!
    Come one, slavery predates the white man, it's as old as agriculture. 10,000 years. Until 300 years ago, the Ottomans and North Africans regularly raided European coasts as far North as England to collect slaves. Slaves in America were just a dot in history. And now, you can be as racist and sexist as you want as long as you are not a white male. And we invented the superlative to racism, anti-semitism, for a very special people above criticism.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    12-11-2017 @ 11:33 AM
    Do you think that is "news"?

I'm talking about relations between black and white people in North America. I don't care about some horrific murder and I don't care about the history of slavery.

Racism is shit and people who don't recognize that are assholes.

There are black racists and there are white racists, Asian racists, even racists among the Lizard people, no doubt. All assholes, all the time.

Some can be excused on the basis of culture or ignorance or anger, but they are racist nevertheless.

White fucks like those on this board have no excuse.

It's a very simple view of the world and it's mine.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    And while you bravely fought against racism, all sorts of other discriminations have crept in. Age, place of residence; car insurance. Smoking, gender, race; life insurance. Pre-existing conditions; health insurance. Age, gender, race; health insurance. Just to name a few.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Rainfall, old man. Do you really want to equate Jim Crow and the KKK with making old people pay more for insurance based on their tendency to get sick and die?

That's just silly.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    That's what you think, discrimination is only bad when it involves violence against blacks?

R.I.P
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
    And while you bravely fought against racism, all sorts of other discriminations have crept in. Age, place of residence; car insurance. Smoking, gender, race; life insurance. Pre-existing conditions; health insurance. Age, gender, race; health insurance. Just to name a few.
    Quite true Rainfall , I dare say that insurance premiums on high rise buildings in the US have skyrocketed since 9/11

R.I.P
    Last Online
    That's what you think, discrimination is only bad when it involves violence against blacks?
    Spot on Rainfall , and may I add only a REAL racist would disagree with you

R.I.P
    Last Online
    Yup... compared to a few hundred years of slavery, the KKK and lynchings etc... and all the history of the horrors of white supremacist racism, that sure is a reason to be a racist asshole!
    Come one, slavery predates the white man, it's as old as agriculture. 10,000 years. Until 300 years ago, the Ottomans and North Africans regularly raided European coasts as far North as England to collect slaves. Slaves in America were just a dot in history. And now, you can be as racist and sexist as you want as long as you are not a white male. And we invented the superlative to racism, anti-semitism, for a very special people above criticism.
    Yeah I just wonder who built the Pyramids in Egypt , and I wonder what happened to the select few slaves who built the final resting place for the Pharaoh with all his riches to sustain him to his after life ?
    Last edited by piwanoi; 21-07-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi
    Yeah I just wonder who built the Pyramids in Egypt , and I wonder what happened to the select few slaves who built the final resting place for the Pharaoh with all his riches to sustain him to his after life ?
    The interesting thing about slavery and it's connections to racism is that slavery ancient times--Greeks, Romans, Egyptians--was decided by who lost the war. If you lost, you were the other guy's slave. They didn't have to justify it with a lot of racial superiority hogwash or define blacks as less than human because they didn't have to justify it with their Christian ethos. Western civilization did, and racism was the ticket.

Subject to correction, but I think the link of racism to slavery is unique to the institution of American slavery.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Storekeeper View Post

What do you think ... 50 more years and the statute of limitations should just about be run out on those excuses for any living blacks?
    If those are "excuses", what do you call that News of the World crap you posted as a "reason"?
    Are you going to at least attempt to discuss the question? Or does your posting nick say it all?

You're the one saying racism is shit no matter race, color or creed ... and then trying to justify why it's OK for blacks to be racist ...
    Last edited by Storekeeper; 22-07-2013 at 12:49 AM.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    What question? You post something about a murder, all horrible like, that must have thrilled thousands in the cash line at Safeways, and suggest that because of that, racism is understandable.

Is there a statute of limitations on what sorts of social psychosis can be justified by reading supermarket tabloids? Is that the question?

Is Boon Mee a serious person?

Last Online
    @
    What question? You post something about a murder, all horrible like, that must have thrilled thousands in the cash line at Safeways, and suggest that because of that, racism is understandable.

Is there a statute of limitations on what sorts of social psychosis can be justified by reading supermarket tabloids? Is that the question?

Is Boon Mee a serious person?
    Well, you're right about that ... Never been able to understand why people spend their hard earned money on those supermarket check out tabloids. Even the most ignorant sheep in the world should recognize sensationalized gossip and drama.

But still ... the case I mentioned really did happen. I don't think we really want to water it down no matter what the color of the guilty parties.

Last Online
    @
    Not to be pedantic or anything, but I thought this might be interesting even if, judging by the level of some of the conversation, the only point is moot.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/race

race

noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
    Term once commonly used inphysical anthropology to denote a division of humankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type (e.g., Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid). Today the term has little scientific standing, as older methods of differentiation, including hair form and body measurement, have given way to the comparative analysis of DNA and gene frequencies relating to such factors as blood typing, the excretion of amino acids, and inherited enzyme deficiencies. Because all human populations today are extremely similar genetically, most researchers have abandoned the concept of race for the concept of the cline, a graded series of differences occurring along a line of environmental or geographical transition. This reflects the recognition that human populations have always been in a state of flux, with genes constantly flowing from one gene pool to another, impeded only by physical or ecological boundaries. While relative isolation does preserve genetic differences and allow populations to maximally adapt to climatic and disease factors over long periods of time, all groups currently existing are thoroughly “mixed” genetically, and such differences as still exist do not lend themselves to simple typologizing. “Race” is today primarily a sociological designation, identifying a class sharing some outward physical characteristics and some commonalities of culture and history. See also climatic adaptation, ethnic group, racism.

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    For these two creeps, Racism is their middle name:

Last Online
    James Woods, one of the few Hollywood actors who exhibit some common sense:

James Woods @RealJamesWoods @montanafan2 When your own heath plan is dead in the water and must be postponed, race baiting sure takes the heat off....

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-04-2020 @ 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rovingdave View Post
    This thread more or less takes over from one posted yesterday about perceived or real social threats in Australia by Aborigines. The post more or less collapsed under a storm of verbal attacks mainly with cries of ‘racist!’ or ‘you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about!’ etc, etc ad nauseam.
    Well, why don’t we sit down and discuss it like reasonable men? In this thread, if you are racist then please say so. But don’t just come in and say ‘it’s cos black bastards deserve to be shot’, and leave it like that. That’s just meaningless twaddle. Discuss why you are racist and give some valid reasons.
    Conversely, if you abhor any form of racism then please say so and again, give reasons, not just ‘I hate effin racists because they are stupid.....’.
    I’ll start.
    I am racist. I form pre-conceived thoughts and ideas whenever I meet or see someone else of colour rather than white before they even open their mouths.
    However, my thoughts and ideas come not from mindless repetition of insults or pre-conceived thoughts borne from peer pressure or from family when I was younger, they come from experience and a wide knowledge of peoples and places throughout the world, as I have travelled, lived and worked in most of the major continents and many, many countries within them.
    If I see or meet a black person, then I am instantly on my guard. But mines isn’t a racism about colour it’s about people. If I find the black person is from Ghana, Gabon, republic of Congo then I’m more inclined to chat to the fella or lady and maybe even get on with them. However if they are from Nigeria or Angola then not a chance. They are two of my most favourite west African countries that I’d like to press the button on and blow every black fucker that lives there to kingdom come.
    Same if they are middle eastern, then most of them deserve nuked. If they are from Saudi or especially Egypt (more than especially Egypt) then I’d like to press the button that causes widespread suffering to all the peoples there as a quick death to the rag heads is not good enough. Funnily enough, the only really nice middle east people I met and never ever had a problem with (well except for the idiot police but that was expected) were the Iranians.
    Don't even get me started on mainland Chinese, Singapore Chinese or Thai Chinese. I'd love to go back to Victorian times, wander around Singapore and just smack every Sing Chinese i meet with my riding crop.
    So, I shan’t go into any more detail about myself at the moment. I’d just like to throw the question out there.........

Are you a racist and can it be justified? If not, say why not.

Thks,
    Dave B
    Where you from, mate? Maybe that'll help us understand where you're comin' from.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    So really, then, if you think all Thais are wonderful, generous and honest, then you are not a racist, you simply need to up your medication.
    This is the place to do that.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Using your analogy, i used to enter the meeting with an open mind and readily agreeable to give each and every one of those in the group the benifit of the doubt. Experience has taught me otherwise however, and it does actually sadden me.

Of course their are plenty of people that defy the sterotype, i'd be a stupid fool not to know this. But i have found that majority rules and i have negative feelings about someone i meet until THEY can prove to me otherwise, not the other way about.
    Why are you so sure that experience is the best teacher? If experience is not the best teacher, wouldn't you agree that your conclusions have been clouded by your experience rather than having been clarified by it?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    However, the question i'm asking is, and what i am trying to keep this post about is -

Can racism be justified? By this i mean, If you walk into a situation or location where there is a black guy / Arab / Chinese or anyone else of colour except white do you instantly feel loathing, hatred, fear or some similar feeling? Do you pre-judge that person and perhaps instantly despise them? And in my case with blacks and Arabs until THEY prove themselves to be different from my pre-disposition towards them. Mines may be a racism from experiance, but it's still racism.
    Well put, Dave. Your definition of racist is a good one: some one who walks into a situation or location where there is a black guy / Arab / Chinese or anyone else of colour except white and you instantly feel loathing, hatred, fear or some similar feeling and you pre-judge that person and perhaps instantly despise them.

And I think you should read my previous post as re: justification for your own racism. That is, your experience doesn't justify it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rovingdave
    C'mon now. Steady man, Steady. Yes, well, perhaps my attitude may not be be perfect..........ah, but c',mon now! We can still be friends eh????
    I doubt it as I am black
    That's it: score 1 for the good Dr!

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wjblaney View Post

Why are you so sure that experience is the best teacher? If experience is not the best teacher, wouldn't you agree that your conclusions have been clouded by your experience rather than having been clarified by it?
    That's right up there with the most retarded things I've heard.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wjblaney View Post

That's right up there with the most retarded things I've heard.
    The question of whether or not experience is the best teacher?

Last Online

Janiene Garofolo is one of the dumbest women on the planet w/out a doubt...

Last Online

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    ^
    racist they will say !
    white actors getting all the jobs ...

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information