Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Last Online
    13-12-2013 @ 05:25 PM

5 monks found to be on meth

Drug-Taking Monks found at Sattahip Temple
    Posted on July 6, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Members of the public complained to the Sattahip District Authorities over concerns that Monks at the Sattahip Temple were using illegal drugs which was causing them to act in a way not considered as appropriate for Buddhist Monks.

After seeking permission from the Chief Abbot, a team of officials armed with drug testing kits conducted a check on 15 monks on Friday and found that 5 of them had recently consumed methamphetamine.

The Monks aged 25 to 35 were sent to the Chief Abbot and were removed from the monkhood and sent to a drug rehabilitation program organized by the Sattahip Navy Base.

A Monks assistant, who was found to be carrying a single Yabba Tablet was arrested and taken to Sattahip Police Station where he was charged with possession of a class 1 drug.

- See more at: Drug-Taking Monks found at Sattahip Temple | Pattaya One - Pattaya News, Thailand News, World News, updated 24 hours a day

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-11-2020 @ 11:56 AM
    555 more to come.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    04-04-2014 @ 10:32 PM
    No Soi Dogs were monklested, that's the main thing.

Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Last Online
    13-12-2013 @ 05:25 PM
    you might think the monkhood is full of dossers and tossers but you may be right

god
    Last Online
    @
    I've seen and met a few dodgy Buddhist monks while in Thailand and Laos. One monk, just exiting from a Wat Phra Singh, Lamphun, carrying a briefcase and sporting a gold watch approached me at the bus stop across the road by the museum, offered me his business card, wanted money for some sort of investment!

Several others I've met in other wats are avid smokers and the odd one or two were keen on a drop of the hard stuff, while several were criminals seeking sanctuary.

Why the abbots or head monks didn't pick up on them, heck knows, but the monks in question did in fact look and act dodgy, nothing humble or polite about them.

I was gob-smacked to see a young monk openly walking and chatting with a white girl in Chiangmai a couple of years ago, something unseen before then.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-03-2015 @ 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chingching View Post
    ... causing them to act in a way not considered as appropriate for Buddhist Monks.
    It seems Thailand has only recently started to notice there might need to be standards of behavior for monks. More wankers per capita than most other professions.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gaysexbyproxy
    More wankers per capita than most other professions.
    Suppose so but religion for financial gain or percent wankers per clergy certainly not exclusive to Buddhist monks.

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    That Abbot hiding out in gay Parie with the Roller, jet areoplane and 8 wives/2 kids from Si Sa Ket just about tops 'em all though...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-03-2015 @ 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaysexbyproxy
    More wankers per capita than most other professions.
    Suppose so but religion for financial gain or percent wankers per clergy certainly not exclusive to Buddhist monks.
    No doubt about it. Not insinuated.

Thread Information