Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crocman View Post

Too much of this country has been sold off overseas.We invite foreign companies to come and buy up vast tracts of land,that are our future,so that they can mine or farm to their hearts content.

Try and buy a house a block in Thailand,hell for that matter try and buy one in Rarotonga.Oh shit we can't, we're foreigners.

Oh shit yes I agree totally. Take Cairns in Far North Queensland for Example.

The Japs own huge parts of it and many businesses Jap owned cater exclusively to the Jap tourist market.

They shop at Jap owned shops, stop in Jap owned hotels and eat in Jap owned restaurants with the profits flowing straight back to Jap land.

The Australian Government needs a good hard foking for letting this situation arise.

As far as Thailand goes, I say good on them for keeping the land out of the hands of foreigners.

Very smart move indeed.

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    ^ they pay australian taxes though, and employ people who play australian taxes and who live in the community, and sell stuff bought from other Australian companies..
    How is that different than me running it, saving up all my money and then retiring in Los?

R.I.P
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post

Too much of this country has been sold off overseas.We invite foreign companies to come and buy up vast tracts of land,that are our future,so that they can mine or farm to their hearts content.

Try and buy a house a block in Thailand,hell for that matter try and buy one in Rarotonga.Oh shit we can't, we're foreigners.

The Japs own huge parts of it and many businesses Jap owned cater exclusively to the Jap tourist market.

They shop at Jap owned shops, stop in Jap owned hotels and eat in Jap owned restaurants with the profits flowing straight back to Jap land.

The Australian Government needs a good hard foking for letting this situation arise.

As far as Thailand goes, I say good on them for keeping the land out of the hands of foreigners.

Very smart move indeed.
    Yeah The immigrant Chinese,s ancestors who run the Country both politically and commercially want it all for themselves

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    16-09-2023 @ 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
    ^ they pay australian taxes though, and employ people who play australian taxes and who live in the community, and sell stuff bought from other Australian companies..
    How is that different than me running it, saving up all my money and then retiring in Los?
    Yeah...Nah.

They generally get tax breaks.

They employ Japanese guides and translators.

When was the last time you saw Australian made souvenirs on sale.Shit even the little plastic Aussie flags they buy are made in Taiwan or China or Botswana.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-10-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99
    He was off a boat from Malta
    Not a Fenech, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by terry57
    There's a shit load of young Aussies available to Pick fruit but they don't like the low wages, the hard work and the fact they must live in regional centres in a tent mostly. They live in Back Packer lodges or Caravan parks mostly in the middle of shits-ville
    Yes, but young people do it every year all over Europe - it's an experience

Very hard to get a young Aussie with that sort of work ethic and commitment for $17 an hour.
    You're probably right there, Terry

I don't mind saying that, fuked if I'd do it.
    I'd do it as a student

Quote Originally Posted by crocman
    The last place they have is any sort of strength or numbers is in Victoria where I work and have in the past represented the union.
    I'd have to bow to your first-hand knowledge on that

As for one phone call bringing down the house of cards,I'm afraid it is very naive of you think so.You see there is a little matter of the privacy act
    There isn't in corporate crime - at least not to the same extent

And as for getting a slice of the pie from Australian assets,yes I do believe we are entitled.Too much of this country has been sold off overseas.We invite foreign companies to come and buy up vast tracts of land,that are our future,so that they can mine or farm to their hearts content.
    If a person decides to sell/lease out his land then why would someone like you have the right to nix that, or worse to demand something for it?
    Get with the modern times -do you think Aussie companies don't own anything in other countries?

This is what I mean when I say 'we' have become an entitled mob - especially for a mob that took land from the original inhabitants in the first place . . . what is your position on them wanting your quarter acre?

Ok, try an buy some in the UK, the US, France etc . . . Oh shit, we can, we're foreigners.
    You want to skew the odds then the reverse can be done as well - unless you put Australia on the same level as Thailand. What makes you think we should follow third-world shithouses in our policies?

Quote Originally Posted by Necron99
    Very true . . . very, very true . . . but this notion of Fortress AUSTRALIA is good for the feeble

They generally get tax breaks.
    They do not - why would they . . . please explain how and why

They employ Japanese guides and translators.

When was the last time you saw Australian made souvenirs on sale.Shit even the little plastic Aussie flags they buy are made in Taiwan or China or Botswana.
    And whose fault is that?

Are you now branching out in your anti-foreigner rant?

those nasty people buying our land
    those nasty japs buying our businesses
    those nasty <insert whoever> who don't manufacture Aussie icons because we have outpriced ourselves from manufacturing because we're white and think we should earn a lot . . . how dare those coloured things undercut us!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    There isn't in corporate crime - at least not to the same extent

Not sure where you are going with this one.

If a person decides to sell/lease out his land then why would someone like you have the right to nix that, or worse to demand something for it?
    Get with the modern times -do you think Aussie companies don't own anything in other countries?

This is what I mean when I say 'we' have become an entitled mob - especially for a mob that took land from the original inhabitants in the first place . . . what is your position on them wanting your quarter acre?

I have no problem with them selling to overseas buyers,What I said was I saw no problem in taxing the buyers right to the very edge of competitiveness.

If anyone knocks on my door asking for land rights I would not hesitate to give them a couple of achers if you get my drift.

They do not - why would they . . . please explain how and why

I'm no tax expert but even I have heard of Tax Holidays along with Capital Gains Tax exemptions and tax offsets for R&D.

And whose fault is that?

Are you now branching out in your anti-foreigner rant?

those nasty people buying our land
    those nasty japs buying our businesses
    those nasty <insert whoever> who don't manufacture Aussie icons because we have outpriced ourselves from manufacturing because we're white and think we should earn a lot . . . how dare those coloured things undercut us!

I'm a foreigner myself so I see myself as being more pro Australian rather than anti anything.

Don't try and play the colour card.

And what about you? You seem to be in favour of selling the spare tyre to put petrol in the tank.
    You're fat,Ill fro you in the river

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Your post is a bit difficult to decipher, but here goes:

I have no problem with them selling to overseas buyers,What I said was I saw no problem in taxing the buyers right to the very edge of competitiveness.
    Ok, so this taxing 'right to the very edge of competitiveness' means that if prices drop the company would lay off thousands . . . and you'd be manning the barricades against the evil foreigners.
    Right . . . here's a question - do you think Australian companies have the financial might to develop our resources?
    What do you think would happen if foreign companies pulled out?

No, it would be all wonderful

If anyone knocks on my door asking for land rights I would not hesitate to give them a couple of achers if you get my drift.
    I see . . . so it's ok for you to be defensive of your land but not for others

I'm no tax expert
    NO, you're clearly not
    Don't try and play the colour card.
    :
    Shit even the little plastic Aussie flags they buy are made in Taiwan or China or Botswana.
    And what about you? You seem to be in favour of selling the spare tyre to put petrol in the tank.
    So, now you're trying to tell me what I can do with my business? I have to pass your 'test' before I can decide what I am allowed to do?
    Tell you what - if someone came to me and offeerd me a good sum for either my oil palm plantation and business or my corporate training company the last person I'd ask if I am allowed to would be . . . you.

You didn't respond to being allowed to buy land in 197 countries . . . when you cherry-picked two where you can't under your own name.

You are the most entitled person I have come across on these boards
    Quote Originally Posted by OckerRocker
    Originally Posted by crocman
    Ok, try an buy some in the UK, the US, France etc . . . Oh shit, we can, we're foreigners.
    You want to skew the odds then the reverse can be done as well - unless you put Australia on the same level as Thailand. What makes you think we should follow third-world shithouses in our policies?
    How about:

Quote Originally Posted by OckerRocker
    Originally Posted by crocman
    And as for getting a slice of the pie from Australian assets,yes I do believe we are entitled.Too much of this country has been sold off overseas.We invite foreign companies to come and buy up vast tracts of land,that are our future,so that they can mine or farm to their hearts content.
    So, is it ok for Australian companies to own property and assets in other countries? If so then you seem quite the hypocrite.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^

True but innit,

Labor try's to look after the little people in our society where the Liberals don't give a fuk and drive them down.

If the Libs had there way all the poor people would be living at the rubbish tip relying on soup kitchens to keep them alive .
    Faaaark me Tweery, you're a naïve coont. Labor don't look after the little people, not at fucking all, they throw them a few biscuits while sticking their noses and the top level union pigs noses right into the trough!

$5,000 baby bonus but no fukking jobs?

Kerrrrist, stop believing the bullshit, the Liberals want Australians to grow up and be a little, just a little fuckking bit responsible for their own lives instead of sucking on the welfare teat!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by OckerRocker View Post
    I'm not doubting your words, Terry, but I cannot believe there aren't students who would work there.
    When I was at Uni fairly well everyone had a part-time job . . . over the years I worked at Grace Bros in Bondi Junction in their Soft-Furninhsings department (Thu Night and Sat), a video shop in Little Bay (Sat nights), Rogues Nightclub (Fri & Sat nights), The Crest Hotel in the Cross (nightshift twice a week) etc . . . and my parents weren't short of a bob - it was the thing to do, and I know many parents whose kids still do that.
    Aye, it's called learning some financial responsibility. I worked 3 different part time jobs throughout Uni, including night shift cleaning sick bags out of tourist busses.

Today, too many people have bought into this culture of entitlement!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    ^^^You are the most entitled person I have come across on these boards

And don't you ever doubt that.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    ^^^You are the most entitled person I have come across on these boards
    Examples would be nice . . especially since I am of the opinion that people should work for what they want - if that is being entitled to you then what are you, mate?
    And don't you ever doubt that.
    Why, because you write a lot of rubbish and can't back it up because it is . . . nonsense?

Go on, dig your hole deeper

R.I.P
    Last Online
    Sooner or later it had to come, and in the coming years like the UK it will more and more evident Muslim MP Ed Husic Abused For Taking Parliamentary Oath on Koran the "rising tide" cannot be stopped ,thanks to the "liberal left"

R.I.P
    Last Online
    I do hope this article is wrong cos I;ve got quite a few Aussie mates surviving on a bare pension here in my area ,and the prices of basics here seem to be going up and up Fund giant predicts dollar dive

R.I.P
    Last Online
    Speaking to a Couple of my Aussie mates last night about the upcoming GE and the declining Aussie economy obviously this subject came up ,both of my mates are dead against further Immigration of this sort as its costing money Australia can ill afford ,what do other Aussies think of this article?In deep waters

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    14-10-2022 @ 11:11 AM
    I don't give a shit

R.I.P
    Last Online
    This Video is for all you fair dinkum Aussies out there, or here!The Hamster Wheel: Julia Gillard standby obituary - YouTube this is hilarious

Last Online
    30-07-2020 @ 06:32 PM

It's obvious you haven't been to Cairns for a long time.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    In my opinion, Labour under Gillard has at least done some good along with the bad.

However the prospect of a ruling party led by Tony Abbott and staffed with similarly ignorant, small-minded jerks fills me with horror.
    What good? Seriously.

Increased governement debt to around 400 Billion dollars, what happened to the surplus wayne swan? lied about a Carbon tax, that's cost a huge hole in the budget, increased the number of refugee boats dramatically (and deaths), the NBN scam, the mining tax that's raised no money, the installation bats scam that cost money and lives and then moved peter garrett to education. The pokies lies she told to wilkie.

Name one good thing the gillard government has done.

Don't belive labor's scare tactics about the Abbot government.
    Not to mention the absolute, dirty thieving cvnts like this one that Labor is still full of.

Craig Thomson found guilty of fraud, theft charges

Former federal MP Craig Thomson has been found guilty of fraud and theft while head of the Health Services Union.

Thomson, 49, showed little emotion as he sat in the front row of a packed court room as Mr Rozencwajg handed down his verdicts in Melbourne Magistrates Court.
    Magistrate Charlie Rozencwajg found Thomson guilty of charges related to using union funds for sexual services, of making cash withdrawals with his union-issued credit card, of buying cigarettes and firewood for his then wife and for some charges related to paying for travel for his then wife.

Thomson was also found guilty of charges related to using union funds after he left the HSU and had become the federal Labor MP for Dobell in NSW in 2007.

The former MP faces a five-year jail term as a maximum penalty.
    But some of the charges related to the travel for his then wife were dismissed, as were charges related to buying for in-house movies at hotel rooms. Thomson was charged with more than 140 offences but prosecutors on Tuesday were still determining how many charges he had been found guilt of.

The verdict followed a trial held before Mr Rozencwajg across December and January, after Thomson first appeared in court more than one year ago.
    The allegations against Thomson were first raised almost five years ago.
    Thomson was accused of using HSU credit cards and a Flight Centre account to accrue more than $28,000 in personal expenses, including sexual services, adult films in hotel rooms and flights and cigarettes for his then wife between 2002 and 2007, when he was the union's national secretary.

He was also accused of using union funds to pay for personal items after he left the union to become the Labor member for Dobell.

He lost the seat in last year's election, standing as an independent.
    Mr Rozencwajg went through the various verdicts and the reasons behind them for about 40 minutes.

Mr Rozencwajg said while the use of work-issued credit cards threw up some grey areas, it was ''an affront to common sense'' to think Thomson could pay for sexual services with HSU funds.

He said there was also ample evidence, from witnesses, to rule that Thomson was not permitted to use the credit cards to withdraw cash.

Mr Rozencwajg said he could not rule definitively on what the cash was used for.
    But the magistrate said there was insufficient evidence to rule that Thomson broke the law in ordering movies while in hotel rooms while on HSU work trips.
    Earlier, Mr Rozencwajg said Thomson was not justified in using HSU funds to buy cigarettes and firewood for his then wife, Christa.

Nor was he entitled to use union funds in any capacity once he had left the union and was working as a federal MP.

But Mr Rozencwajg delivered a mixed verdict on the charges related to allegations Thomson used HSU funds for flights and other travel expenses for Christa.
    The magistrate said some of the prosecution's allegations related to spousal travel we proven, but others he could not be convinced of and were dismissed.
    The court was then adjourned so Thomson could speak with his legal team about the timing of a pre-sentence hearing.

Thomson did not comment as he left the court, but he was heckled by relatives of Marco Bolano, a HSU official and one of the group who ensured the former MP's conduct came to light.

Mr Bolano's partner, Kylee Brehaut, and her mother, Marg Brehaut, called Thomson a liar and said he deserved to be found guilty. They said Mr Bolano and his family had gone ''through hell'' since he and others made Thomson's offending known.
    ''He is a liar,'' Marg Brehaut said later.

She said justice had been done and said she felt sorry for hard-working HSU members who had had their contributions spent by Thomson.
    Kylee Brehaut said it was ''not OK'' for the principles of federal Parliament ''to be undermined by MPs who think they can lie and get away with it''.
    That reference was made to the nationally-broadcast speech Thomson delivered to Parliament in 2011 while an MP, in which he tearfully claimed that he was the victim of a smear campaign by his political and union rivals.

Marg Brehaut said Thomson ''deserved an academy award for that speech''.
    HSU acting national secretary Chris Brown welcomed the verdict.
    ''It has been six long years since the fraud was first uncovered with three major investigations leading to today's verdict,'' he said. He said the union would seek to recover ''any monies stolen from the union''.

Read more: Craig Thomson found guilty of fraud, theft charges

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Union leadership scum

Last Online
    @
    I forgot to check if the toy Koalas and Kangaroos I got in Sydney Airport as novelty gifts were Australian made or Chinese made.

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    I forgot to check if the toy Koalas and Kangaroos I got in Sydney Airport as novelty gifts were Australian made or Chinese made.
    Guarantee Chinese unfortunately.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Guarantee Chinese unfortunately.
    zero doubt

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information